Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Advise on TV's DLP/LCD/Plasma (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Advise on TV's DLP/LCD/Plasma
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plasma is still king. LCD if you demand a brightly lit room all the time, or would like to use it with the computer. If you want the most accurate picture, best contrast, deepest blacks, and the best overall experience with your movies, plasma is king. DLP should just die already, it's not even close. I mean if the picture sucks, who the hell cares about it being 65 inches anyway?

Look at the top Panasonics at Costco. 99.5% of the Pioneers at far less cost.

[ November 23, 2008, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: iron281 ]

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can say first hand, do the math on the room size and viewing distance and all that jazz. I bought one that was too big for the room and it sucked. I had to take it back and then went to magnolia and they helped get me a good sized one. 60 was too big. Almost gave my kids epileptic seizures when playing gears...lol.

Sorry if someone said this already. Ohe and bring your own dvd to play when looking at tvs. I found that video loop is set to bring out the best in key brands. I bought my oen dvd (madagascar) and it looked better on a cheaper tv. (I looked elsewher before buying the model from Costco, costco light sucks.)

iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A recommendation for cables. But first, yes Monster Cable does indeed suck.

These folks here have very high quality Belden cable of all types, made right here in the U.S.A, up in Seattle. Prices are extremely reasonable.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

If you're in the market for a DVD player, but not quite ready for Blu-ray, this company makes very excellent up-converting DVD players. Stunning picture on my Panny plasma. You can buy and pick it up at their warehouse in Mountain View.

http://www.oppodigital.com/

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron281:
Plasma is still king. LCD if you demand a brightly lit room all the time, or would like to use it with the computer. If you want the most accurate picture, best contrast, deepest blacks, and the best overall experience with your movies, plasma is king. DLP should just die already, it's not even close. I mean if the picture sucks, who the hell cares about it being 65 inches anyway?

Look at the top Panasonics at Costco. 99.5% of the Pioneers at far less cost.

ahhhhhhh hate to break it to ya but your wrong.... DLP is the best picture for cinema and has the best blacks over plasma and LCD....

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I finally got the TV I originally was looking to get, A 67 Inch Samsung HL67A750 & stand for $2000 with taxes included at the store closing sale at Circuit City, and I picked up a sony blu-ray from costco, picture quality is great and I'm pretty happy with both the tv and the player. This tv is massive!!

-

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good score a wee bit oo big for the room tho...Say bye bye eye sight.
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Room is bigger "longer" back behind the couch, I just need to reorganize the setting. The way it seats now is 10 ft

[ March 03, 2009, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: xvt's 85 5.0 ]

Scoobysnack
¯
Member # 6721

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobysnack  Ford pictures for Scoobysnack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a link in case you need to order a new bulb. They are very east to install and you will save some cash by doing it yourself. http://www.samsungparts.com/
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sony Z model lcd. Its the model right under the XBR. It is a great TV. i love it.

[ March 03, 2009, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

quote:
Originally posted by Scoobysnack:
Here's a link in case you need to order a new bulb. They are very east to install and you will save some cash by doing it yourself. http://www.samsungparts.com/

Thanks, but this tv does not require a lamp it's a LED engine that will last the life of the tv approximately 10-13 years, that's one of the main reasons I bought it.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com