Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What're your opinions on this?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What're your opinions on this??
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious if you made the trade?
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
IMO I would trade that 4.sux for that thing in a heartbeat!

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Now that shit is funny!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Well I couldn't make it out to meet up with him yesterday, so I'm hoping we can set something up for today or this weekend. [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Well I couldn't make it out to meet up with him yesterday, so I'm hoping we can set something up for today or this weekend. [Frown]
Well funny thing is, the dude I told you I mentioned to about your trade. Well he got all gung ho and gave me some Auto-X books to give to you. I told him I dont know you, but he gave me the books anyway. So if you want some books on Auto-x I got some for you...lol.

One good title is :
Secrets of Solo Racing (Henry A. Watts)

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Well funny thing is, the dude I told you I mentioned to about your trade. Well he got all gung ho and gave me some Auto-X books to give to you. I told him I dont know you, but he gave me the books anyway. So if you want some books on Auto-x I got some for you...lol.

One good title is :
Secrets of Solo Racing (Henry A. Watts)

Oh really?? Yea, definitely. Where you located? I'll meet up with you and pick up those books [patriot] Tell your buddy THANK YOU!

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Unfortunately I am in stockton. If it isn't too expensive I can mail them. Or if you are by, Discovery Bay, I can meet up. I am supposed to meet up with Dan this weekend....lmk
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I dont live anywhere near Disco Bay...if you can ship them, I'll pay for the shipping cost. Let me know [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Well, the guy ended up callimng me back after not getting a response from him for 2 days. I finally checked out the car on Saturday and am not as pleased with it as I would have liked.

The car isn't registered because it won't smog (has no cats) so I couldn't take it out for a real test drive. The body had a little rust on the body, which wasn't too bad, but I'm concerned about having rust in hidden places. There are many small things that would need to be done to bring it "back to life" as I did with my Saleen, so I know I'd end up spending a pretty penny cleaning it up.

The motor seemed to run ok but it had a sound that I'm just not used to. I was told it could be that it needs a valve adjustment and a thorough tune up, but who knows, it could be worse and force me to spend a lot more money.

All in all, its a decent car for its age but would definitely need some work both mechanically and cosmetically. I'm supposed to go check it out after he smogs it so I can actually drive the thing, but I'm not as enthused about the trade as I was before. I took my Saleen out today for an AutoX event and it performed pretty well, so I'm still loving my pony [Big Grin]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to hear it.....keep the stang!!!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am sure it is tough trading a car that You know is in great shape "must be to make through track event's" for something that sound's like it need's a minimum of $2000 buck's to get back up to speed and probably more to handle the rigor's of those event's. Probably more rust hiding in it too! Put that money in the stang and it will do what You want it to do [burnout] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're much better off looking into a 993. 1993–1997-98. Last of the air-cooled. 3.6 liters, 280 HP. A quantum leap over the old "SC". Or, just forget the Porsche thing, and buy the newest Corvette you can afford.

To be honest, the old 911SC are too old, too problematic if the right modifications were not done to bring them up to date. Even so, a real nice, low mile SC will fetch a big premium and will still be slow. They're just too long in the tooth. Collectors only, ime. I know first hand, as a good friend had an '82 911SC, sold it, and finally got into a '97 Carrera. Oh my, what a difference.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/864063188.html

[ October 06, 2008, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: iron281 ]

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
I am sure it is tough trading a car that You know is in great shape "must be to make through track event's" for something that sound's like it need's a minimum of $2000 buck's to get back up to speed and probably more to handle the rigor's of those event's. Probably more rust hiding in it too! Put that money in the stang and it will do what You want it to do [burnout] .

Yea, that exactly what my feelings are right now. Although the Saleen doesn't rail as well as a porsche, I think if I put about $3000-4000 into the stang, it will rail pretty damn good. That same $3000-400 probably won't get me very far with the porsche [Frown]

--------------------

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddy has a fox and a sn95 both with full suspension from griggs and maximum, and they have to be the best handling cars i have ever drove or ridden in, so with some money i know you could make your car what you want. he also does auto x and is apart of nasa and they can keep up or dominate those expensive foreign cars! good luck

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just keep lookin' out for a torque arm and panhard bar which are popping up here and there used. I can tell your on a budget so that's why I mention that. Do that first (assuming the car is already dropped a little) and you'll see how bad the front of the car is. Then do the K member and A arms and you'll have a car that "rails" like you say. IMO.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com