Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 03 or 93 cobra (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 03 or 93 cobra
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just landed a new job its 100% official.

I have a 93 cobra right now and I am really considering purchasing a 03/04. I cannot keep both cars but I do have a DD. Does anyone have a fox and newer cobra. What would you do in this situation?

If I keep the fox I will put a nice 347 into it with a few other things. The 03 I would just do the normal pullies/bolt-ons.

Whichever car i get it will be a weekend warrior.

What do yall think?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03 cobra for sure. i drove one not too long ago and those bastards scream. if i get one, ill search till i find the 10th anniv. model.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2003 Cobra for sure. 93's are nice, but if you're just going to throw an engine in it and ruin the originality of the thing, might as well just get the 03 if you're looking for speed. Plus, I'd imagine an 03 would be a lot less of a headache to get going fast.
Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the 93 Cobra all stock, it's hard now in days to find a nice stock one. Just buy the 03 and change the pulley. I also driven one. very fast.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03 Cobra> 93 Cobra.

I remember you were searching for a job for a while in your previous posts. What job did you end up getting if you do not mind me asking?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually tried to do a lot of things. I interviewed with the IUEC 8 and passed with a 75. This put me on a waiting list and from what Ive heard with my score thats like a two year wait. I am also in the pool for corrections. It could be coming up soon, the normal waiting time is ~1 year and im around six or seven months.

I ended up getting a job with St. Johns Travelers. I will be a workers compensation claims trainee. The other jobs may have a higher starting salary but are 1. Dangerous 2. Backbreaking Work. The job I got is in a office with A/C [Razz] [Razz]

Its funny though, I guess like they say. When it rains it pours. After I landed this job Ive got like 5 calls for other jobs. Kaiser underwriter, progressive, northwestern mutual etc.

Starting salary for my job is ~40k. So YES, school does pay off!!!

[ August 06, 2008, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone will probably disagree, but I would rather have the 93 Cobra....Real 93 Cobra's are rare, but 03-04 Cobra's are a dime a dozen it seems nowadays... yeah, the 03-04 Cobra is faster & more refined, but put a nice 347 with HCI in your 93 & watch yourself hang with or beat pullied Cobra's all day... put a blower & a 347 on your 93 & you will dust 03-04 Cobra's!!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man office work gets old fast. trust me. I can't wait till I graduate and get into doing field law enforcement work. but congrats none the less.

as far as the car goes a 93 cobra with a 331, six speed, single turbo, and some MM suspension would shit on an 03 cobra any day IMO. but I guess it depends on how soon you wanna go fast and your money. the 03 with bolt ons would be a quicker turn around than the 93 and they are a nice ride. smog legal 11's while blowing the AC.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
man office work gets old fast. trust me. I can't wait till I graduate and get into doing field law enforcement work. but congrats none the less.

as far as the car goes a 93 cobra with a 331, six speed, single turbo, and some MM suspension would shit on an 03 cobra any day IMO. but I guess it depends on how soon you wanna go fast and your money. the 03 with bolt ons would be a quicker turn around than the 93 and they are a nice ride. smog legal 11's while blowing the AC.

All Ive ever done is manual labor. So I figure Ive done like 8 years of that and its time to rest my body.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:

One thing that pushes me towards the 03 is reliability. I live in an APT and if anything goes wrong with my car I have to limp it 45mins to Vacaville. Not being able to work on your car, much less do an oil change pretty much sucks.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the 93 Cobra and don't destroy it with a bunch of mods.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306notchback510  Ford pictures for 306notchback510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go with '03 cobra for a weekend car thats what i did and i just had bolt on things exhaust, pulley, tune, evenflow kit, heat exchanger and jlt cold air. Let me tell you what they are handful and so fun !!!!!
Posts: 420 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

I am not able to keep both cars. I live in an APT and have only one parking spot. I wouldnt want to leave one or the other in an uncovered spot without an alarm and cover.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO...buy a house 1st & keep the 93. with the market being so low right now, & u having a good job, I would buy a nice house before a new expensive car. Why buy a beautiful car with nice paint only to park it outside? With my parents help, I just picked up a nice bank repo 3 bedroom house in the Elk Grove area for 158k....I couldnt even imagine parking a fox as nice as your 93 outside???

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] couldnt agree more, put your money into something that is actually going to make you money, and keep the 93, it will hold its value better then a 03/04 will as well.

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
IMO...buy a house 1st & keep the 93. with the market being so low right now, & u having a good job, I would buy a nice house before a new expensive car. Why buy a beautiful car with nice paint only to park it outside? With my parents help, I just picked up a nice bank repo 3 bedroom house in the Elk Grove area for 158k....I couldnt even imagine parking a fox as nice as your 93 outside???

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn bro I gotta co sign with dustin on this one. if you already have a 93 I would get the house. I wanted to get an 04 not long ago but im still payn for school and live at hm. priorities are a bitch. its like bein the guy with the tahoe on 24's that lives in a trailer park. but in any case ur a grown man who makes his own choices.

judging by one of the above posts you do will always have a group of enthusiasts that will cry sacrilige if u so much as put a short throw shifter on the 93. but I like old cars with newer/better technology. How about putting a 5.0 based terminator motor in the 93? now that qould be the sickness!!

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the 93

buy a house.

by a turbo kit,head studs, and some MLS gaskets for the 93....@ 10-12 psi make 400+ RW....be a sleeper and smoke 450-480RW 03/04's ALL day....on pump gas...

IMO

[ August 07, 2008, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Of course you have to look at priorities first house etc. Now if you have done all that and it's strictly a car question heres my two cents. I have had quite a few mustangs and have driven many more,I now own a 10th Anniversary Cobra and it is by far my favorite car of all time and still 5 years after I got it I get as many compliments as I did when it was new.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Everyone will probably disagree, but I would rather have the 93 Cobra....

Well I wont disagee!!! Id take a 93 anyday
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

I live in an APT
In that case dont get a 93 or any fox
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+ 1,000,000 No doubt. . . 93 cobra [Big Grin] .

But whatever tickles your pickle.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

Starting salary for my job is ~40k. So YES, school does pay off!!!

i started off my job at about that with no college schooling [Razz] BUUUUUUUUT i do back breaking work lol [Frown]

lol and per the topic, 03/04 hands down! much more can be done to add power without dropping a ton of $$$ verse the 93. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy a house. Sit on it 5-8 years and then pick up both cars and have a nice garage to park them both in.

Only tip, dont get married and dont have kids if you want a constant cash flow!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have both cars currently (03Cobra and 88GT). And if I had to part with one it would be the 03 for sure. Now of course I have a TON into my Fox, but its paid for just like your 93. I love my cobra for its reliability and how smooth the car is. But it would go first If I was in your situation. I would hop out of that Apt. and into a house like Epik said. Since you're gonna be making alot more chips now, you can make your Fox fast in a hurry. I'll come over to my Bro's this weekend and talk to you.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Buy a house. Sit on it 5-8 years and then pick up both cars and have a nice garage to park them both in.

Only tip, dont get married and dont have kids if you want a constant cash flow!

LOL! Marriage wouldnt be such a bad thing. I think kids will definitely stop the cash flow.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com