Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » motorcycle riding schools?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: motorcycle riding schools?
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know of any good local classes going on?

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alameda County Sheriff's Office has a civilian class! Its really top notch and hard as hell. If you would like more info, Shoot me a pm and I can give the Deputy's email how is charge of the EVOC program.

John

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not sure if your talking about just a class to get you started or honing your skills.but for starters ccriders is a must.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by maeco:
not sure if your talking about just a class to get you started or honing your skills.but for starters ccriders is a must.

Yes for starters, Look up ccriders and doesn't seem like they offer classes, just saw a motorcycle club

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There should be a number on the DMV website.
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by maeco:

+1!!! they'll teach you some new tricks and teach you to get rid of bad riding habits. plus if you pass their course you don't have to take the practical test from DMV.

--------------------
04 Cobra

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look up the Motor Safety Foundation. Or MSF.

They offer classes all the time.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
306; clear your pm's.
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

cleared

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check this site up and try to find a location near your home to do the course. this is the one that when you pass just bring the certificate to dmv and you get your license and they'll waive the pratical test. you'll learn lots of street survival knowledge.

http://www.msf-usa.org/

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tony is right on the money i took the msf course it was very fun and easy. i got my certif went to dmv and passed the writen test and walked out with the M1 endorsment on my lic. i would reccomend the msf course to anyone. i took the one in sf at city college parking lot but i heard the ones in the east bay are just as good.

[ June 09, 2008, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Insurance Dude ]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

i called the vallejo one, They said to call back tomorrow to apply for the course that starts the 10th of july, so I'll do that

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
i called the vallejo one, They said to call back tomorrow to apply for the course that starts the 10th of july, so I'll do that

i took that course last year its a good course kinda boring if you have any experiece at all but still a good course

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO....

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town50:
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:

i took that course last year its a good course kinda boring if you have any experiece at all but still a good course
Ya they dumb the course down so a person with no experience can/will learn alot. But anyone with actual riding experience will find parts of the class kinda boring. Its good knowledge and reinforcement of the current knowledge u do have.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com