Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sueing my old landlord!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sueing my old landlord!!
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My suggestion would be to get what you can through negotiation with the landlord or a 3rd party. I sued in small claims and lost, even though my case was airtight. It's my belief that the judge will always side with the defendent, because they want to discourage lawsuits. You can't win.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
My wife is a Manager of a 336 unit complex I had her take a look at all this. She has been to court with tenants many times.

1. We just today got back some of our deposit has been over 4 weeks. By law they had 21 days.

on number 1. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Well they claim it must have been lost in the mail and had sent it in on the 19th which would have been 20 days. The itemized list was backdated to the 19th but the actual check we finally got had a date of 6/2/08 making it like 32 days or some shit. How would that situation hold up in court?
I will ask her what she thinks and get back to you.

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just received a check for another $400 yesterday from the property management company the owners go through. They asked for the issue to be closed and included "Some" receipts. I cashed it fast and put this behind me. Wife was happy after even though I didn't tell her about it until I blew through $200 of it [Smile] [patriot]

Thanks for the advise. I think they got worried when I mentioned the 21 days thing. Not worried enough to give it all back but I feel a whole lot better doing something about it rather than take it in the ass like I almost did.

Thanks again!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good deal, J

I wasn't suggesting just taking the full "L". But don't let it consume your life and take it to Judge Judy and all that. Glad it worked out.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Good deal, J

I wasn't suggesting just taking the full "L". But don't let it consume your life and take it to Judge Judy and all that. Glad it worked out.

Nope I was considering taking a full loss on my own because I tend to let things like the consume me, then it effects shit at home. So I didn't want to go down that road, but in this case I sent a professional letter express mail with facts not emotion. Which is hard because I want to burn that house down...I still might break all the windows (j/k).

oh your box just when out with the mail today L8N8 [burnout] [burnout]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man, I forgot to reply to your PM. I owe you one or 2. Oh and btw, I cannot find the lid to my black arm rest. You are welcome to the rest of it if you want it.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
thanks man, I forgot to reply to your PM. I owe you one or 2. Oh and btw, I cannot find the lid to my black arm rest. You are welcome to the rest of it if you want it.

No problem...and keep the rest of the armrest, someone may need one. Just lookin for a pad. mine is mint but is also the only thing in my car dyed black. I may just by one now that I"m so rollin in dough
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jerm, thats hella cool i would of done exactly what u did.. congrats JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com