Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Another guy trying to SCAM!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Another guy trying to SCAM!
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so I have a personal car for sale on autotrader.com

I got a text this is what it looked like
the number that showed 1-(010)100-002
message from felixharran0761@yahoo.com
Sub: Vehicle Enquiry
MSG: HELLO
is this vehicle still available for sale, if it is contactme ia this email with your email. - freewebtext.com(END)

I had a feeling it was a scam but i still replied, funny thing is I got the same text from few other people the only thing looked different was the email and the last 3 diggit they went up 003, 004 etc. This person emailed me few times asking good questions about the vehicle and negotiating price, for a sec I thought it might be legit, but I get this email:

Subject: payment arrangement/pickup info

Greetings.....
Thanks for your response,after evaluation of the vehicle and due to time constraint,I am happy to inform you that I have concluded arrangements with my client and he was very happy with the condition of your car and he has issued a cashier check of ($18,300) which now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your vehicle, tax, pickup of the vehicle from its location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements together with the money that will come to me as interest for my effort, he also told me that he will proceeding for his annual leave and will like this transaction to be over before he will go on leave, so When you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your vehicle which is ($11,800) and send the remaining balance of ($6,500) to the agent (shipper) for h im to be able to offset s hipping & tax charges. After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up
(of vehicle & signing of title papers) and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my (client) and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements. So you don't have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements.
Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service.
Please provide the following:
1-LEGAL NAME IN FULL..............
2. CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
3. PHONE NUMBER(S)...........................
I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed. Thanks And God Bless,
James Houlier
96 Waterloo Rd Southport
Meyerside PRS 3AY.
England

Man Stupid Scam artists, I can't believe people still try this shit! Can I turn this shit in to the authorities?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not much they can do if its outside of the usa

edit:

http://consumerist.com/tag/victory/?i=343963&t=filing-a-police-report-on-craigslist-scammer-leads-to-his-arrest

[ June 04, 2008, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: 86BackInBlack ]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com