Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What happened to $4 gas? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What happened to $4 gas?
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys need to fill up in sac... ive been paying around 3.55 a gallon for the past 4 weeks now
Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say we riot [Big Grin]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
The fact of the matter is that there is a lot more going on than supply and demand. With the higher prices, the demand for oil has actually reduced for the first time in more than a decade. The supply/demand price of oil is right at $65-$70 a barrel... exactly where it was about a year ago. Nothing in the world has happened on the supply or demand side to double it in a year's time. The main problem is speculation. The weaker dollar is also causing gas prices to spike as it becomes cheaper for investors in countries with stronger currencies to buy oil. BTW, the inflation derived price of a gallon of gas going back to the 60's is $2.21 (excluding the increased world demand). I also predict that oil will be back under $100 by the end of the year.

I'm a bonafide Nostradamus! And over 3 months ahead of the end of the year.
my prediction is oil prices wil go back over 100 and gas prices will go back up to 4.00 a gallon after nov 3rd.
Not likely. The US accounts for 25% of the world's consumption of oil. From November of '07 to May '08, 40.5 BILLION fewer miles driven by US consumers. That figure has been revised up since then. Demand was down 7% in September this year compared to last year... a difference of nearly 1.5 million barrels a day.

The slump in energy demand has accelerated beyond the U.S. In India, domestic oil product sales totaled 2.41 million barrels per day in August, the lowest level this year, according to Barclays Capital research. In the same month, Japan's oil demand fell by 8.4 percent.

I think that it will probably trade in the mid to low 80's by the end of the year now.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know about you guys, i just passed by a Chevron that's $3.70 per gallon.

[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$3.45 @ Shell as of this morning.
Fort Wayne, IN.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:
quote:
The fact of the matter is that there is a lot more going on than supply and demand. With the higher prices, the demand for oil has actually reduced for the first time in more than a decade. The supply/demand price of oil is right at $65-$70 a barrel... exactly where it was about a year ago. Nothing in the world has happened on the supply or demand side to double it in a year's time. The main problem is speculation. The weaker dollar is also causing gas prices to spike as it becomes cheaper for investors in countries with stronger currencies to buy oil. BTW, the inflation derived price of a gallon of gas going back to the 60's is $2.21 (excluding the increased world demand). I also predict that oil will be back under $100 by the end of the year.

I'm a bonafide Nostradamus! And over 3 months ahead of the end of the year.
my prediction is oil prices wil go back over 100 and gas prices will go back up to 4.00 a gallon after nov 3rd.
Not likely. The US accounts for 25% of the world's consumption of oil. From November of '07 to May '08, 40.5 BILLION fewer miles driven by US consumers. That figure has been revised up since then. Demand was down 7% in September this year compared to last year... a difference of nearly 1.5 million barrels a day.

The slump in energy demand has accelerated beyond the U.S. In India, domestic oil product sales totaled 2.41 million barrels per day in August, the lowest level this year, according to Barclays Capital research. In the same month, Japan's oil demand fell by 8.4 percent.

I think that it will probably trade in the mid to low 80's by the end of the year now.

i think its only going down because its election time.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
saw 3.49 at the arco on Clayton Rd in concord CA
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Gunther Rhadhaus
¯
Member # 8662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gunther Rhadhaus  Ford pictures for Gunther Rhadhaus    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gas is like this all the times in the Netherlands. Which is why the people are all riding bikes lol!!

--------------------
1973 Baby

Posts: 11 | From: Formerly East Amsterdam, now Bay Farm Island | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
I don't know about you guys, i just passed by a Chevron that's $3.70 per gallon.

[patriot]

This thread was started back in early June. It's amazing the turnaround that we've seen.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant believe you guys are excited about the gas prices coming down. Unless we ever see the sub $3.00 mark, we are still be raped.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com