Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Window bar code??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Window bar code??
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've noticed it more and more lately. What are the bar code stickers found on windows of typically newer cars? Just curious.... [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a lot of rental car places use them for inventory control

dealers might do the same?

[ June 03, 2008, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that is what it is a inventory sticker. I wrote a application for big valley ford a while back that uses the information contained in that bar code. Usually lists the options that car came with and so on. Also had warranty info too.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are many places that have community access to where they live. Rather than have a clicker they just drive up and when they get near the gate the scanner hits the barcode and the gate opens.

How do I know? Cause we have one on our car and we bought it from the original owner. I asked what it was for. They are a pain the ass to get off so its still there.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com