Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 4x4 to 2wd

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4x4 to 2wd
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it hard to make a 4x4 chassis to 2wd?

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have turned a lot of 2wd's into 4x4's, and every time there was a kit that was already fabricated or you would have to fabricate some parts yourself. i would say yah its easy but then again it all depends on year make and model of the vehicle and if its been done before?...just like any project it has to be worth your time! good luck!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking to do this maybe

-

to this
 -

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh damn!! other than the color of it, that's dope! [patriot]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i have never seen a old 2wd scout like that! looks pretty good . i know that international has a lot of old 60's trucks that are 2wd you mite be able to swap front ends. unsure if you would have to cut the front of both frames or if parts would bolt up with the straight axel out of your scout. what motor are you planning?? a ford combo or the old 345 international. i have heard the old 345 were horrible on gas but you could make decent power with some bolt on's . looks like a fun and hardly seen project. if i come across anything i'll give any info i can.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

motor would be a SBF or a mystery motor/tranny combo [Razz]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is pretty cool...

For years now, I considered building an old 69 Bronco into something like that. I say go for it!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it shouldnt be really all you need to do is find the right dront axle since all the mounting holes should already be there. and new tranny without a transfer case

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

here's a crasy thought what about a ranger frame or a broncoII 2wd frames. all i would have to do is measure the wheel base correct. an build some outriggers to mount the body down on to, an trim anything that might get into the way.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would prbably be perfect [dance]

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

ok found out the ranger's shortest wheel base is 107. an the bronco2's wheel base is 94. My scout measures in at 100 even. i think the bronco2 will be better an just move the wheel well openings forward to make it work. basically the scout has wheel wells the lenght from right behind the door all the way back to taillight, so it would be just sectioning it really.
What u guys think thanx

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronco Man  Ford pictures for Bronco Man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sorry I'm a diehard EARLY BRONCO fan and doing that to a scout would ruine the value even though it does look very cool. Those old ones are worth alot of money, and as far as the Broncos are concerned depending on the condition, the skys the limit for price. I own 2 early Broncos and the 73" is all stock and uncut. The 77"is raised 33's,31 spline detroit locker in back front is open 44 (still deciding)
302 with 350hp,runs like a bat out of hell and I can't keep the kids out of it. Even with the rust it will fetch around 20k, with the 73"fetching around 25k. Think it over, I just don't want you to be sorry in the end, they're great wheelers.

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com
Contact me anytime for questions... 510-857-7282

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHAT ABOUT THE 67??? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

ROFL

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scouts are worth alot of money? tell that to all the ones rusting in fields around where I live!

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Over-Rev
¯
Member # 8271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over-Rev  Ford pictures for Over-Rev    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fab up your own Mustang II set-up.

--------------------
Twin Turbo Saleen #124

Posts: 58 | From: Ground zero | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

this project is going to be up forsale. need to stay focused on the fastback

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com