Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » pics of my new project

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pics of my new project
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since we have a trend of sharing pics, id like to share my new project, which i picked up about 2 months ago from a board member, replacing my 94faleen cobra.
over the past few years ive gone through several stangs as i would get bored after a year then sell and repeat the process. sound familiar? anyhow, im at stang #9 and the past few being the following:
03 cobra which i totally regret selling after realizing the opposite of these cars after the shelby's came out. rather than depreciating these have kept their value or even appreciated like a modern day supra. picked it up for $27k on ebay w/ 1.7k miles from a guy in sac. 1 year later and 10k miles later i ended up selling it for $26k, which in hindsite was an okay deal as i couldve continued to drive it another year and sold it for the same price.
 -

after selling the 03, i ended up picking up 2 projects and dumped tons of money into them totalling more than the 03.
94 faleen cobra w/ 2.2L kb that picked up with a mix of cobra and saleen bodyparts. i ended up converting to all the saleen pieces minus the cobra R hood and threw on a bunch of bolt-ons, full paint job and nice ass 04 cobra seats.
 -

92 fobra, which i got for free from a buddy of mine after the car was nearly stolen and parted out near SFSU, park merced. i picked it up sitting on rotors, no interior, missing body panels and transformed it into this, which you might recognize from the board. it has sn95 cobra brakes, a bunch of suspension stuff, full cervinis and black interior and also a new paint job.
 -

so now to the new project:
since getting rid of the 03/04 i always wanted another one not so much for its styling but for its factory supercharged motor and more than decent drivetrain. im more a fan of the sn95 body
style so after seeing this 97 roush that was posted on here i couldnt resist picking it up.
this is how it looked when i picked it up.
 -

-
 -

here are a few specs on the car(probably forgetting odds and ends):
-97 roush w/ 63k miles
-engine: low mileage 03 motor w/ revised head, 2.8 pulley, uses 97 cobra ignition&upgraded fuel system + stock 03 39lb cobra injectors, lightning maf, afco HE, afco expansion tank, diablo tune from newtech, trunk mounted battery
-tranny: brand new d&d t56, pro5 shifter
-suspension: low mileage 04 IRS w/ h&r sport springs and bilsteins
-brakes: slotted/crossed drilled 13" rotors, SS lines
-body: genuine roush bodykit, saleen heat extractor hood. the car sat outside in fremont for an extended period of time. as a result, the roof has some minor surface rust.
-exhaust: side exhaust w/ bassani catted xpipe
-wheels: roush 18" staggered argent wheels
-parts uninstalled: BF idler pulley, inline fuel pump, BF IRS brace

not knowing much about these 03/04 transplants it took me 3 visits over the course of 3 weeks asking lots of annoying questions and reading up on on the corral and svtperformance before i decided to take the plunge...looking past how much of an eyesore a sn95 roush is and some of the shortcomings the car had like the paint imperfections and minor cleanup/wiring the car needed.
after a good cleaning and clay bar, i was pleasantly surprised to find shiney paint.
after picking it up soon after, i got rid of a bunch of stuff like the roush body pieces, saleen hood, wheels, misc crap that totalled over 2k+. i was in huge shock to find out how much older roush body pieces command a huge dollar on the internet. lol the die hard roush guys werent too happy to see the car getting parted out.

i ended up doing the following after picking it up: cleaned up the engine wiring, rewired the gauges & heat exchanger pump, installed h&r springs, cc plates, painted brake calipers, new brakes, threw on 18x10/9 anthracite bullitts, slp xpipe, flowmaster catback, 95 R hood.
this is how it sits today. as can be seen, its still a project and has some ways to go before i can say its finished. heck, i havent had time to clean up the body after removing all the annoying roush pieces..yes the car is begging for some stock side skirts.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

my next steps are: roll the rear lips(w/ the irs being .75" wider on each side, the rear tires will definitely rub the outer lips), realign the tailpipes, install idler pulley and retune, install inline vortech fuel pump,clean up the engine bay more by removing the unused vaccuum and rerouting the fuel lines, and eventually convert to black interior and get a new paint job.
this will be a long term project time and funds permitting but my eventual goal is to make this car yet another fake...a fobra roush..lol the car is a blast to drive to say the least.

[ June 02, 2008, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice stangs that you have/had...but damn, what a waste of a roush [Frown]

Are you gonna do a Saleen clone with this one...would be a nice sleeper [Wink]

[ May 28, 2008, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a nice project u got going...Those roush body pieces were hideous to say the least. I could imagine with the way your past projects turned out, the car is gonna look sick when your done....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice project
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
Nice stangs that you have/had...but damn, what a waste of a roush [Frown]

Are you gonna do a Saleen clone with this one...would be a nice sleeper [Wink]

lol i think the world can do w/ 1 less roush. those kits remind me of the old school tack'ed on kaminari bodykits. it totally doesnt flow w/ the body lines of an sn95. u shouldve read some of the emails i got from ppl on my ebay auction questioning whether i knew how rare these cars are.
im trying to stay away from the flashy body parts(unless i do a full on saleen conversion) but im leaning towards just a simple cobra w/ maybe some 03 mirrors cuz its a whole lot cheaper. im working on tighter wallets these days and trying to minimize the car spending.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i always new u knew where those 295 michlins were hidding. [Big Grin] cars coming along looking good. i would do the cobra front cobra headlights an saleen rear taillights, an maybe cobra rear bumper. saleen sides. [patriot]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coming along nice alex! lmk when u finish it so i can buy it, lol! ur right the 18x10's fit nicely even with the wider irs. i thought they were gona stick out more. go with the cobra kit for sure! gonna be bad ass & not too flashy, altho i still want the faleen [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow those are sik! I really like what you did to the 92. Its hella clean.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool new project!

Also, who owns this car now? I love it!

-

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice alex cant wait to see the finish product.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you've had some nice projects. keep us updated with the progress.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Cool new project!

-

I do. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those Roush body claddings looked hideous. You did us a favor taking them off.

What kind of wheels were on your '03 Cobra? Looked sick!

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should just debadge the car. Remove all of them. Even the Roush off the rear. No badges. Just straight clean. Maybe just the Snake in the Grill.

[ May 28, 2008, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: sharkattack ]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks way better without the body kit [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think u should definitely remove the roush badging, but you should leave the "GT4.6" badge on the side & make it a nice sleeper. Everyone & there mom knows that those badges represent the non P.I 2V, which 9 times out of ten means its a slow ass car..U could take many people by surprise with that termi motor in there.... I have always wanted to take a clean 96-98 GT & leave the outside stock, but swap a Termi motor in it.... [patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

yup, no sense in keeping a roush badge if i already moved 90% of the roush specific parts. im curious to see how much the roush signed passenger airbag will go for on ebay..lol
the badges are in place cuz i havent had the chance to remove them. when im done w/ the car, it'll look like a basic 96-98 cobra w/ a cobra R hood and s281 wing. i want to keep it looking really clean and not so flashy unlike the 94 which was begging for someone to take it or a cop to pull you over.

the 03 wheels are 19x10.5/9 racing hart c4's. they looked bad ass but rode like shit w/ the 315/25/19 tires i had.

[ May 28, 2008, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
I think u should definitely remove the roush badging, but you should leave the "GT4.6" badge on the side & make it a nice sleeper. Everyone & there mom knows that those badges represent the non P.I 2V, which 9 times out of ten means its a slow ass car..U could take many people by surprise with that termi motor in there.... I have always wanted to take a clean 96-98 GT & leave the outside stock, but swap a Termi motor in it.... [patriot]

i was searching for one of these from time to time but only saw converted sn95's far away. there was a real nice 96-98 w/ the alum teksid and a bunch of other crap that was listed on svtperformance for only 14k. on ebay recently there was a 96-98 w/ the full on conversion w/ 03/04 COP ignition/computer, everything but sadly the owner used a forest green car for the conversion...it ended up not selling at only 12k.

lets say i got this car for a pretty good price and subtracting the parts i sold, im at probably the price of 2 new t56 d&d conversions.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have owned and built some of the nicest stangs around. You have a nack for good taste period [patriot] Did you happen to sell those Racing Harts to someone with a silver 03 cobra?

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
You have owned and built some of the nicest stangs around. You have a nack for good taste period [patriot] Did you happen to sell those Racing Harts to someone with a silver 03 cobra?

appreciate the comments...

i sold the racing harts probably 3 years ago to some lady in sac with a dsg mach1. she later sold the car and the rims separately so not sure who got the rims. i had the clear coat removed from the lips and had them fully polished like chrome.

i wish i could drop this car like yours but the way it sits now the freakin slp xpipe cats are rubbing like a bitch down my driveway. im going to try and put a top urethane isolator to see if this fixes the problem..days like this make me want to do a nice tubular front setup w/ coilovers for adjustability but thats just a dream. im wondering if anyone is experiencing the same crap w/ the slp xpipe as it sits way lower than i expected. due to the flange on the passenger header u have limited adjustment to tuck the xpipe higher.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:

appreciate the comments...

i sold the racing harts probably 3 years ago to some lady in sac with a dsg mach1. she later sold the car and the rims separately so not sure who got the rims. i had the clear coat removed from the lips and had them fully polished like chrome.

i wish i could drop this car like yours but the way it sits now the freakin slp xpipe cats are rubbing like a bitch down my driveway. im going to try and put a top urethane isolator to see if this fixes the problem..days like this make me want to do a nice tubular front setup w/ coilovers for adjustability but thats just a dream. im wondering if anyone is experiencing the same crap w/ the slp xpipe as it sits way lower than i expected. due to the flange on the passenger header u have limited adjustment to tuck the xpipe higher.

I only have a SLP cat-back but I don't even have cats with a bassani o/r x and I scrape on EVERYTHING, unless I hit it perfect turning to the left I can clear bumps and driveways [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
yup, no sense in keeping a roush badge if i already moved 90% of the roush specific parts. im curious to see how much the roush signed passenger airbag will go for on ebay..lol
the badges are in place cuz i havent had the chance to remove them. when im done w/ the car, it'll look like a basic 96-98 cobra w/ a cobra R hood and s281 wing. i want to keep it looking really clean and not so flashy unlike the 94 which was begging for someone to take it or a cop to pull you over.

the 03 wheels are 19x10.5/9 racing hart c4's. they looked bad ass but rode like shit w/ the 315/25/19 tires i had.

I love that my `97 with the teksid DOHC motor in it is completely stock exterior like a every day nPI 2v GT [Big Grin]

The cobra parts look cool, but I just can't justify spending money on bumpers and a hood, when there's other things I'd much rather do to the car, like at the moment tuning, since mine has the CEL lit for system rich bank 1 + 2, and a misfire code because it misfires when it's cold from being so rich.

Hopefully I get the tune sorted out soon, I've got an SCT x-cal2, just need to get it sorted.

that car is sick, I'd love to do a C head/cam/eaton/t56/irs swap on my 97 to finish it up...one day!

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Cool new project!

-

I do. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Lets deal, how much? [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com