Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Warranty advice needed...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Warranty advice needed...
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im going to take my car to the the ford dealership out in concord where i purchased my 07stang. i think there's something bad with suspension because i hear a squeek. My appointments this friday, and i thought it was going to be a piece of cake putting the stock springs back on, but i guess i can't do it with just a regular spring compressor. Should i still put the stock springs back on or can i just leave it? will that void my warranty, or can the problem still be fixed with the after market springs? Maybe someone works at a ford dealer can take a look at my car? please help me with some advice. I'm taking my hpipe off for sure. thanks in advance for any information. [worship]

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who put the springs in.. my bet if u leave the lowered springs their going to void ur warranty. unless they installed it from ford dealership. try chris(topnotch) maybe he has some time this afternoon or tomorrow to swap it out for ya. i just wouldnt chance it.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
who put the springs in.. my bet if u leave the lowered springs their going to void ur warranty. unless they installed it from ford dealership. try chris(topnotch) maybe he has some time this afternoon or tomorrow to swap it out for ya. i just wouldnt chance it.

thanks man i'm going to try to pm topnotch. me and my brother put the after market's on "maeco", but he said the regular spring compressor wont work. we need to get them put on by the electronic compressor. thanks man. what's your name?

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you serious??
you have a problem with the SUSPENSION?? you have AFTERMARKET SPRINGS... and you even contemplate not removing them before getting to the stealer??

It's a no brainer, they will more than likely blame it on the springs and send you packing!!! REMOVE THEM!!!!!!!

What sort of squeak do have? it could very well be the springs!! good luck.

Edited: i read my post and sounded harsh, that wasn't' my intention. Just wanted to make sure you got them remove before going to the dealer.

[ May 21, 2008, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe it was put on wrong.lol

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com