Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » GETTING TIRED OF RAP MUSIC (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GETTING TIRED OF RAP MUSIC
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have actually noticed that this watered down portrayal of music is seeping into R&B too. Just music in general is losing its substance. I was thinking about this the other day, and I think it has to do a lot with my/our age. Like me I was raised in the era where music was for the most part violent and street. Thus I dig Trick Daddy, Eightball MJG, UGK, Pac, Jada, DMX.... But the youngsters these days all they are knowing is Rick Ross, Plies and the new booties. All they seem to know is Patron, cars and bitches. A few rappers are on the edge to me like lil Wayne and Ludacris... (and those types). I bet just about everyone in this thread is 30+, generation X babies. The kids these days (gen Y) are a different breed. I think we are witnessing a disconnect in the music of our generation to the next.
RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I have actually noticed that this watered down portrayal of music is seeping into R&B too. Just music in general is losing its substance. I was thinking about this the other day, and I think it has to do a lot with my/our age. Like me I was raised in the era where music was for the most part violent and street. Thus I dig Trick Daddy, Eightball MJG, UGK, Pac, Jada, DMX.... But the youngsters these days all they are knowing is Rick Ross, Plies and the new booties. All they seem to know is Patron, cars and bitches. A few rappers are on the edge to me like lil Wayne and Ludacris... (and those types). I bet just about everyone in this thread is 30+, generation X babies. The kids these days (gen Y) are a different breed. I think we are witnessing a disconnect in the music of our generation to the next.

In other words we're getting old... [Whoo Whooooo!] [Big Grin]
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

hey im only 24! I listen to all music that is good, wether it be country, rap, rock as long as it has a good beat and some meaning behind it ill listen. You are right though music today doesnt compair to early rap music talkin about the street life. and just FYI new country isnt about peoples dogs dieing and their woman leaving them anymore, thats old stuff, new country is much more upbeat and whatnot. I cant listen to old country haha

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I feel you on the cars, drugs, bitches game that every new rapper has been on. What we have been seeing is the commercialization of the rap industry.

There is good music out there its just getting harder to find with all that get-money-drink-liquor tunes out there.

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
I wanna hear about how white people cant go into oakland.

and why would that be? sounds like u had a bad experiance..lol....im mexican and filipino and im out there all they time...it doesnt matter what race you are out there if u look like u nervous or scared then they gon fuck witchu..u out there doin donuts in watever u got showin em you dnt give a fuck they most likely gon walk rite past you

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just downloaded the new Busta Rhymes feat. Linkin Park "We made it" single and video. It's good except the chorus is weak in my opinion. My fav cd is still Collision Course.

I like the mixing of the two types of music.

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
quote:

and why would that be? sounds like u had a bad experiance..lol....im mexican and filipino and im out there all they time...it doesnt matter what race you are out there if u look like u nervous or scared then they gon fuck witchu..u out there doin donuts in watever u got showin em you dnt give a fuck they most likely gon walk rite past you
Well I was thinking of helping out the "inner city youths" as other people mentioned they could use it. I guess I better get a little more thug before I try to help out then...

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
quote:

Well I was thinking of helping out the "inner city youths" as other people mentioned they could use it. I guess I better get a little more thug before I try to help out then...
just bring a keyboard cuz you got the e-thuggin down
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice catch! although I think youve "acted tuff" close to 10 members here and never has anyone ever seen anything come from you other than your big net words. So who's the keybord warrior? Step down son, my education is higher than your hole families-combined. By the way nice jeep you have get a life and a stang, loser.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com