Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » abbot vs. kimbo???? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: abbot vs. kimbo????
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have to admit, i didnt like him or think anything special would come out of him.. but he's getting skilled.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lmmfao.....Did you here the announcer say "which Tank will we see. Sherman or Septic..."

Man Kimbo leaned up...He looked pretty good. I think he would make a good Boxer as well. I thought the tank dude was better than that. But hell he took a hell of a shot. Who was the announcer at the end? He looked like a WWF wrestler. Also is it possible for Kimbo to fight Jackson? DOnt know much about UFC and MMA I thought they were the same.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jackson is light heavy and until they are in the same organization they wont fight and tank.. had knockout power and a decent sprawl but he is too old and cant compete with the guys at his weight nowdays
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I said it in the begining that KIMBO will Knock out Tank and well I quess I was right! KIMBO ALL THE WAY

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no one should of thought differently.. tank telegraphs his right hand, his jab is lazy and just kind of flipped out there. he does still have power in his punches but you should be able to step off cause like i already said he telegraphs his punches.
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
no one should of thought differently.. tank telegraphs his right hand, his jab is lazy and just kind of flipped out there. he does still have power in his punches but you should be able to step off cause like i already said he telegraphs his punches.

Be careful of this guy he knows his fighting! Chances are hes a fighter!

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

dont know if thats sarcasm or not, but i know a thing or two haha
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kimbo is getting better.

He is talented and he is dedicated.

Dedication is what makes these fighters, great fighters.

He will be, but he has alot to learn and alot of training to do in my opinion.

God knows he hits hard.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
Honestly Kimbo is making progress but if you look at the overall picture Kimbo has a street bare knuckle brawler mindset.

He stated that he's always wanted to fight Tank and Tyson. Gee calling out a couple of has been's. REAL impressive. Why not call out someone like Brock Lesnar, Andrei Arlovski, Heath Herring or as stated Frank Mir? Those opponents would all be very close in overall size. I am 150% confident in saying that any of the above mentioned fighters would plow Kimbo into the ground like an ox plowing a cotton field.

It would be pretty dumb to put Kimbo in a ring with someone that is a seasoned vet. Brock lesnar may not be a seasoned vet but he is a world class wrestler. In my opinion his management is being smart by bringing him along slowly and having him make some money at the same time. thats what good managers do. It was pretty dumb of brock and his management to put him in the ring with a former champion in only his second fight. Brock did not do anything except cry uncle in under a minute LOL! I would like to see how far Kimbo will have progressed within the next year. After that he should step his game up alot.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

ModularMotorz
¯
Member # 5954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ModularMotorz  Ford pictures for ModularMotorz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just watched it on youtube... wow was that a quick fight...

--------------------
1996 MUSTANG GT
2003 MUSTANG COBRA
2001 CROWN VICTORIA P71

Posts: 1014 | From: Daly City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no doubt, kimbos a hungery fighter hes not playing. he needs to get in the ring with better fighters. not taking anything away from kimbo, but when was the last time tank abbott 9 wins 14 losses won a fight. kimbos in fighting shape tank was emberesing
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am a little tired of hearing the broken record saying, "... but he hasn't fought anyone yet"

NO SHIT! He is brand new to professional fighting. Obviously the guy is not going to get a title shot right off the bat.

He will most likely have 2 or 3 more bums before fighting someone noteable. That's expected.

He is not the most technically sound fighter in the world, but he is very tough, extremely strong, and dangerous.

I am excited to see him doing well thus far and think he is a marketable fighter. He will be tested in due time, and then we will see what he is made of. But I'm not jumping down his throat for beating the two guys put in front of him, despite Tank and Ray not being the most formidable opponents.

I personally think the good fighters don't want to fight this guy. Too much risk, not enough reward... at least until Kimbo's win record increases.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with his aggressive style of fighting and strength, he has potential to do pretty well in boxing in the heavyweight division.

he would probably make more money in boxing than mma, that is if he can knock guys out like he did in the streets.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
with his aggressive style of fighting and strength, he has potential to do pretty well in boxing in the heavyweight division.

he would probably make more money in boxing than mma, that is if he can knock guys out like he did in the streets.

He would really have to work on his stamina for boxing, tho I agree he could do well and make lots more money. Plus I think his image would be great for boxing.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not seeing why anyone hates on kimbo and brock. Ya they are new to mma but shit man these guys are 1000000 times the athletes that the haters are. I give them a lot of credit for getting out there and doing it because they got a big learning curve ahead of them. Most of the fighters have decades of training over them. But at least they are very physical and athletic so things will come easier for them. I loved those kimbo vids. And brock is just a monster and a freak of a human being. I think they will do well in mma just give them time.

Oh and I think Kimbo rapes Gannon if they fight now.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

kimbo fucked up gannons face last time he just gassed out.. i also agree if they fight now mma rules or just stand up kimbo will beat his ass

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com