Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Finally found a clean fox. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally found a clean fox.
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
lol...I didn't even peep the gangsta undertone of Dave's post.

Well it works like this... When I was "younger" I didnt have mommy and daddy's money to help me be who I am, I had my word and my pride. This guy wants my pride and it comes at a price. N8-youre forgetting where you came from son. thirteentwenty can also understand where Im coming from. I dont expect all you cowards to understand. Most of you girls complain about speeding! Just because you bought a stang dont mean youre cool. Sell the stang and buy a miata. 90% of mustang owners are cowards does anyone differ? Yes, theres cool peeps but 90% right?

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Well it works like this... When I was "younger" I didnt have mommy and daddy's money to help me be who I am, I had my word and my pride. This guy wants my pride and it comes at a price. N8-youre forgetting where you came from son. thirteentwenty can also understand where Im coming from. I dont expect all you cowards to understand. Most of you girls complain about speeding! Just because you bought a stang dont mean youre cool. Sell the stang and buy a miata. 90% of mustang owners are cowards does anyone differ? Yes, theres cool peeps but 90% right?
If its worth it homie, take that risk.

Me? I sure hate to be labeled and I am sure most won't like it either.

I don't care if 99% of mustang owners were cowards, wouldn't ever stop my love, passion and excitement for them.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

you sure don't care much about your Dignity do you? There are alot of punks and possers on this site. By the time you get done kicking there asses you will be old and gray...and in jail for assalt. Hard to drive your stang from jail...good luck

[ February 13, 2008, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Wait I am not sure I am getting this post right. Almost sounds like you trying to check someone. So I am going to air this out right now.
1. I rarely get caught up in the petty BS that goes on here. I just made a simple observation and everyone knows I speak my mind.

2. I am no ones son, My daddy died quite a few years back.

3. I know exactly where 9th Ward New Orleans is, so I do remember where I am from. But I also know where San Quentin is so I know where I am not going too.

4. I am not one of these young cats or old cowards on this board you talk to like that. I treat you with respect therefore I should receive it back.

Now I could have this post all wrong so feel free to correct me. But I felt a bit of disrespect in the air. So I am addressing it as so. But I have no issue apologizing if I have your statement wrong.

And on a side note. It's cool to be confident and all. But it is a bad move in life in general to make a broad generalization about people you dont even know. Me, I love stangs like the next cat. But a coward I am not, so I am going to assume you weren't speaking to me. I just have my morals and priorities in the right place. And let me get this straight, its not even you selling the car that was in question and you ready to come out here and challenge everyone to a fist fight over it? Whatever man, if that finds your lost remote then go for it. Just dont pull me into that shit. Because trust me, not one bit of punk or coward in me.

[ February 13, 2008, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave50:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by N8:
[qb] There are alot of punks and possers on this site. By the time you get done kicking there asses you will be old and gray..

bwahaha so true, it's like trying to tell the 16 yr old kid in a myspace chat room that we all know he doesn't have a Z06 left to him by his rich uncle's neighbor for doing such a great job mowing the lawn.
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

u talk alotta shit on the net to everyone.....u aint dave50 no more your dave5150 cuz you must be crazy i dont know n e one else who is that tough behind a screen...forreal tho
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont have anything against the automatics but they dont swing like a 5speed. me personally, i like to be in control my RPMS

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302oons:
i dont have anything against the automatics but they dont swing like a 5speed. me personally, i like to be in control my RPMS

Stock AOD's are not good transmission's, like You said in stock form they only have 3 forward gear selection's & 4 gear's which make them next to impossible to control. If You have the Aod built and add a lentech manual valvebody and the rite converter it is a different story. When I bought My car back in 1994 I was looking for a 5 speed but came across this 19,000 mile AOD coupe and could'nt pass it up & now I am glad I did'nt run into the clean 5 speed GT I was looking for at the time [Wink] . By the time I got a decent HCI combo and added the supercharger I felt I was past the point where a manual transmission would be a benifit to Me at the drag strip so I decided to build an AOD that would stand up to the punishment & have never looked back [burnout] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah if you wanna spend that extra couple thousand.......to each is own.

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Stock AOD's are not good transmission's, like You said in stock form they only have 3 forward gear selection's & 4 gear's which make them next to impossible to control. If You have the Aod built and add a lentech manual valvebody and the rite converter it is a different story. When I bought My car back in 1994 I was looking for a 5 speed but came across this 19,000 mile AOD coupe and could'nt pass it up & now I am glad I did'nt run into the clean 5 speed GT I was looking for at the time [Wink] . By the time I got a decent HCI combo and added the supercharger I felt I was past the point where a manual transmission would be a benifit to Me at the drag strip so I decided to build an AOD that would stand up to the punishment & have never looked back [burnout] .
I think the purpose of the car matters, for a street racer where I plan on tearing it up on the street, launching at 5k while racing, then leaving a light at 1200 on the way home, A stick is the only choice, however for my bracket racer where consistency is the key to winning, an auto is the clear way to go. I made 4 runs in one day at the last event I went to and there was less then .005 of a difference between the runs even though they were hours apart. yes you read the .005 right
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What would You spend on a manual transmission & clutch to stand behind about 600 fwhp? I could have went c4 for about half the money but I was'nt going to give up the overdrive and basically driveability as I commute over 160 miles round trip to the strip.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually miss my AOD vert. I am on the fence about the 2. Although I never race and dont plan to, sometimes I feel like cruising (AOD). Sometimes I like to control my RPMs and sound fast...lol (stick).
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I actually miss my AOD vert. I am on the fence about the 2. Although I never race and dont plan to, sometimes I feel like cruising (AOD). Sometimes I like to control my RPMs and sound fast...lol (stick).

I hear Ya N8. I drove a friend's 2003 vette "6 speed" the other day and enjoyed the hell out of it! I just love car's and would'nt rule a car in or out just on tranny type & I can understand people that hate on AOD's but I believe they hav'nt been in a stang with a well setup AOD & if they had that most people would agree that an automatic tranny CAN be a good choice as far as performance goes [Wink] .

--------------------

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just converted my 90 GT convertible from T-5 to AOD. In your face, AOD haters!

I'm digging the hell out of it too, it drives GREAT!

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive always been a manual man but i gotta say the AOD in my t-bird was nasty,even though it lost o/d 3 times.I finally gave up on overdrive and left it a 3 speed.But that AOD,4.30's and AFR'd motor would holeshot like crazy.Anyone i lined up with would testify to that. [Wink]
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What would You spend on a manual transmission & clutch to stand behind about 600 fwhp?

Mustangs are front wheel drive like Hondas? FWHP as in front wheel horse power??? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:
What would You spend on a manual transmission & clutch to stand behind about 600 fwhp?

Mustangs are front wheel drive like Hondas? FWHP as in front wheel horse power??? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Good point,is that a typo?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Couple thousand? You could build an AOD up for fairly cheap, unless you cant do it yourself and would have to pay extra for labor.... in that case you'd be out a lot of money to pay someone to do the 5 speed swap too.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

fly wheel HP?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
if its an automatic its not worth 500 to me...... thats just personal opinions though. as far as looks, you can find something alot cleaner for 2600. i know people are chargin arms and legs for 50's these days but keep your eyes open and dont jump into somethin too fast, youll end up beating yourself up about it later when the car has heating problems and whatnot. again, just my 2cents

LOL, it's 2 weekends and $350 away from being a 5-spd to me, one weekend to pull the parts from the junkyard, next weekend to swap the car [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:
quote:

fly wheel HP?
[patriot] Yes flywheel horsepower. With an auto tranny & non lockup converter it is alot more accurate to use trap speed and vehicle weight in one of those online calculator's. I took a conservative weight of 3250 "coupe & driver" and a 127 MPH trap "which was My fastest" and it came up with just over 600 fwhp. I don't know much about manual tranny's but I am pretty sure that You would have to fork out around 3,000 buck's for the tranny & clutch to consistantly handle around 600 HP rite? Well I have around 3500 into My setup so it sound's to Me like it is about the same amount no matter which way You go.

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I have round 2800 into my TKO500(new style) blowproof SFI bell housing clutch set up,and a few others odds and ends to handle 750 hp(which I do not have) mine traps 128 on a good day. So I think your estimate is pretty close on cost.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I think I have round 2800 into my TKO500(new style) blowproof SFI bell housing clutch set up,and a few others odds and ends to handle 750 hp(which I do not have) mine traps 128 on a good day. So I think your estimate is pretty close on cost.

Good info [patriot] . What kind of 60 ft times are You getting? I know the track that You normally run at is even worse than sac. but just wondered?

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com