Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » UFC FIGHT Brock Lesnar (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: UFC FIGHT Brock Lesnar
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
I watched the fight last night before the Superbowl. Lesner was very aggressive which cost him. He wasn't really paying attention to anything Mir did. If you watch it Mir knew exactly what he was doing. I was more impressed with Mir than Lesner. If Lesner lasted more than 1 round with Mir then i would have more respect for him but he didn't and i don't see a future in the UFC for him unless he walks into the octagon with respect to his opponent.

I agree. I mean isn't that what BJJ is all about? If you don't respect it then you get served.
so true. [patriot] but try not to take 50 shots to the head and face, when getting a heel hook. [Razz]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
I watched the fight last night before the Superbowl. Lesner was very aggressive which cost him. He wasn't really paying attention to anything Mir did. If you watch it Mir knew exactly what he was doing. I was more impressed with Mir than Lesner. If Lesner lasted more than 1 round with Mir then i would have more respect for him but he didn't and i don't see a future in the UFC for him unless he walks into the octagon with respect to his opponent.

I agree. I mean isn't that what BJJ is all about? If you don't respect it then you get served.
so true. [patriot] but try not to take 50 shots to the head and face, when getting a heel hook. [Razz]
Yeah...well you can't win them all.....atleast he got the heel hook.......finally.

I could make a joke about serra and him taking 50 shots to the head and face before landing a lucky spinning back fist.....but then again...I am a MIR fan...lol!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Mir would've been takin if it weren't for Mazzagatti stoping the fight for a mistaken punch to the back of the head....Lesner didn't even get a warning!,BS....This is ULTIMATE fighting right?....I don't think Mir could've done much in 1/2 guard with a 260 pound Lesner on top of him throwing bombs....In the end Lesner tapped way too fast as well anyway....

Mir was damn lucky Lesner was inexperienced, my .02

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

Yeah...well you can't win them all.....atleast he got the heel hook.......finally.

I could make a joke about serra and him taking 50 shots to the head and face before landing a lucky spinning back fist.....but then again...I am a MIR fan...lol!

haha good..shhhhhh [Wink]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I don't think Mir could've done much in 1/2 guard with a 260 pound Lesner on top of him throwing bombs[/QB]
Try closer to 285/290lbs come fight day. If you've ever fought you'd know that after you dehydrate yourself for weigh-ins you will usually shoot up a good 10 to 15lbs depending upon the person. Fighters will eat like never before the evening prior to their fights.
Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:
I don't think Mir could've done much in 1/2 guard with a 260 pound Lesner on top of him throwing bombs

Try closer to 285/290lbs come fight day. If you've ever fought you'd know that after you dehydrate yourself for weigh-ins you will usually shoot up a good 10 to 15lbs depending upon the person. Fighters will eat like never before the evening prior to their fights. [/QB]
LOL that is news to me, last time I fought about a year and half ago I didnt do anything. There was some fools calling my wife and mother in law bitches for driving too slow up at Berryessa. Didnt get to do anything before that fight...lol

j/k I know what you mean.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:
I don't think Mir could've done much in 1/2 guard with a 260 pound Lesner on top of him throwing bombs

Try closer to 285/290lbs come fight day. If you've ever fought you'd know that after you dehydrate yourself for weigh-ins you will usually shoot up a good 10 to 15lbs depending upon the person. Fighters will eat like never before the evening prior to their fights.

LOL that is news to me, last time I fought about a year and half ago I didnt do anything. There was some fools calling my wife and mother in law bitches for driving too slow up at Berryessa. Didnt get to do anything before that fight...lol

j/k I know what you mean. [/QB]

you aint dan the one wit chys sis r u

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com