Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sad Christmas For Me (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sad Christmas For Me
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I woke up in the morning, and whent out side to give my dog a treat. and i could not find him. well i found him inside his dog house barley moving because he got hit by a car [Frown] (im guessing) . the top of his head is missing the skin and his mouth is swollen.. im lucky that he is still alive, but he looks bad.... not a good christmas for me [Frown]

[ December 26, 2007, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope he makes it!

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you get him to the emergency vet? Did they do any x-rays?

Sorry to hear about this I know my dogs are like my kids to me.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no i did not take him in. i got no money. its sad to say but i cannot take him in. im trying to help him my self by puting anitbacterial spray and the peroxide stuff. i was able to clean it alittle bit.. we will see how he is in the morning

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
no i did not take him in. i got no money. its sad to say but i cannot take him in. im trying to help him my self by puting anitbacterial spray and the peroxide stuff. i was able to clean it alittle bit.. we will see how he is in the morning

Try taking him to a local animal shelter and explain your situation. Perhaps they might be able to render aid to your dog. They won't generally turn away most animals when they are severely injured.

I hope your companion make's it and wish you the best during your difficult time.

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks. i will see if there is one near me... it sucks that i cant take him in (in college and no job [Frown] ) i will try to borrow money from some friends if the animal shelter does not want to help.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sometimes they will do payment plans. I believe my mom did it when i was a kid. just explian it all, suks I had to put mmy dog to sleep two yrs ago he got out from fireworks on new years even when i camehome couldnt find him an found him out back in the orchards 5 house's down curl'd up an swallon around his hips an couldnt walk. took him in an would of took alot of surgery an said he might not make being older, so i put him down. an they waved the x-ray fee. best of luck. i know how it is been threw it myself

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Moses I know that many vet hospitals take payments so if he doesn't get any better you may want to think about getting him some treatment. Sucks to hear that and hope the doggie is ok.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] [Frown] sorry to hear bout ur dog, didnt know u had one. i know its hard cuz u get so attached and they grow to be pretty much a part of ur family. hope u find help for it, and that it gets better [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take the dog to the vet!

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:

Try taking him to a local animal shelter and explain your situation. Perhaps they might be able to render aid to your dog. They won't generally turn away most animals when they are severely injured.

I hope your companion make's it and wish you the best during your difficult time.

They will ask you to surrender the dog, then they treat it and adopt it back out. I took my cat a couple months ago to a vet because he was sick. They wanted over $900 to take care of him. When I said that I couldn't pay that they told me to surrender him and he would get the treatment he needed. When I tried to leave with him they kept trying to stop me and offer lower prices for things. I got pissed and went to another place that did the treatment for $160 and he came out fine. Its sad how they want you to give the animal up so they can help it. They were willing to take payments but wanted a bunch of money up front to start treatment. Good luck

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
VICSWS6
¯
Member # 6677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VICSWS6  Ford pictures for VICSWS6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh shit is it the one at your dads house..?

--------------------
CAM MEMBER
2002 WS6

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
see my post below

[ December 26, 2007, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

VICSWS6
¯
Member # 6677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VICSWS6  Ford pictures for VICSWS6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
CAM MEMBER
2002 WS6

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I will give you $50 towards the dog's medical bills if you take him to the vet.

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Originally posted by 408GT:

yea. i was thinking about bringing it to my apartment, but my gf has a cat....

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

[Eek!] wow man i greatly appriciate it, but i cant. it feels to wierd for me. im going to check on him right now. and ill let you guys know how he is (sparky)

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
god that sucks drop him off at the pound they will help him but do it so they dont know you droped him off then when hes all better adopt him back i seen a friend do the same thing good luck though gotta be tough

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[Eek!] wow man i greatly appriciate it, but i cant. it feels to wierd for me. im going to check on him right now. and ill let you guys know how he is (sparky)
Seriously, take it to the vet or the pound to get it some help.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

thanks guys.... but it seems like he is going to be ok. he actully greated me today. usually he comes running when he hears my car. he walked over today. its progress

-

-

-

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

i took the pics with my phone so they are small. the first two pics of him are when he was good. the last pic of him is the cut. you cant realy tell because it scabed over. yesterday it looked bad beacuse it was still raw. it looks good today. thanks for the help guys

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1... im an animal lover with my fair share of dogs and cats. If you go, ill match his $50 with $50 from myself. My girl says she'd throw $50 as well. [patriot]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TAKE THE DAMN DOG TO A VET!

[Mad]

Edit: worst fucking case, call and tell the vet you have $150 (amount donated from members here) and you need the dog looked at but cannot afford more at this time.

[ December 26, 2007, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

i will call and see how much it is. i appriciate you guys trying to donate. i have had a couple of emails of people wanting to help. i will call and see how much a check up is.... once again thanks [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com