Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ps3 or 360? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ps3 or 360?
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do have to consider that Xbox 360 came out a year earlier than the PS3. Im sure when 360 came out the selection wasnt all there, give the PS3 another 6-8mos and see how many more games are out. You also get a Blue Ray player with the PS3, and the quality of the movies are freaking amazing!!!! SONY is the way to go!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read somewhere recently that Blue Ray is being outsold by HD DVD so may wanna research if getting a ps3 only for blue ray. Sony is rapidly losing their exclusive titles and more and more studios are reluctant to develop for them because of that. So at times you have lackluster studios picking up game titles. Having had been in game development before I can tell you that working with Sony is no walk in the park. I don't think Sony's demise is eminent but it is definitely on the horizon as the playing field a lot more level than before. My point is the lack of games right now is not so much because ps3 is the new guy on the block, but no longer the big guy on the block. Sony will still have some small advantages/niches so getting one may be worth it. But for overall value go with 360 and dont sleep on the Wii. I actually play that more than my ps3, which I haven't turned on for months.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
I am providing proof that I have both systems just to say I am not on either side.
 -
 -
I think that it depends on what your kids like to play. XBOX 360 has some bad ass games such as Gears of War, Halo 3(if you are a fan). PS3 also has some bad ass games, such as Resistance Fall of Man, Motor Storm, WarHawk,etc. There are also some titles that are on both systems, like Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six Vegas, Nascar 08, Splinter Cell, Fight Night round 3, etc.

You will hear people say that the online play with the PS3 sucks. Well, it is free, and the PS3 has the capability to have more people online with games like WarHawk. You can have up to 32 people online(it might even be 40). The online presentation and ease of use is definitely better on the XBOX Live system. You would hope so since Bill Gates and Microsoft had something to do with it.

PS3 has a new price point, but be careful because these new PS3's can't play all of the old PS2 titles. Make sure and get the 80 or 60 Gig version.

Finally, you say that your kids are 7 and 9, I would get a Wii. I don't have this console yet, but I think that I will for my daughter. I have heard nothing but good things about that console. The only down side for the Wii is that it is designed for a younger audience. Which ever console you get, you wont be disappointed. Just do the research on the game before you pay 60 bucks for it. I have about 540 dollars worth of junk games for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It is the software that will make the system good. Good LUCK.

how do u find out if the ps3 ur going to buy can play older games?

[ November 26, 2007, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in the market for a second system or another 360, but I just couldn't see any reason to buy the Ps3. Sure the Ps3 has a blu-ray player, buts that really not a great selling point to me as the winner of the hd-dvd vs. blu-ray war has yet to be determined. I was a hardcore gamer on the Ps2 console, but xbox converted me to their gaming realm. I ended up picking up another 360, but I got the elite this time [worship] . I liked the black casing w/ the extra cooling capabilities, quieter internals, and hdmi hookups. Plus I got a deal and wanted one in my bedroom to go w/ my 42" 1080p flat panel just in case I dont want to get my lazy ass up and go to the living room. Now we have big ass Halo tourneys via both systems. Both are hooked up to windows media center which turns your 360 into an entertainment center. [worship]

360 FTW. The interface is really user friendly and functional. X-box live really does open up a whole other world of gaming. 360 has a long list of must buy games while ps3 has around 2-3. For kids I'd definately recommend a 360. It's definately a family system. [patriot]

[ November 26, 2007, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
You do have to consider that Xbox 360 came out a year earlier than the PS3. Im sure when 360 came out the selection wasnt all there, give the PS3 another 6-8mos and see how many more games are out. You also get a Blue Ray player with the PS3, and the quality of the movies are freaking amazing!!!! SONY is the way to go!

Wrong the selection was there from the beginning.
- Madden
- Oblivion
- Perfect Dark
- Ghost Recon
- Syphon Filter
- NBA live
etc..............

Now that Halo 3 has launched you'd think the 360 was just released again because they're flying off the shelves again.

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
I'm not a fanboy of any company and won't blindly push their console, just to see one company do better. I'm just a dude that wants to play good games... and I do that 99% of the time on the 360.

Couldn't of said it better myself. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com