Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ps3 or 360? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ps3 or 360?
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just trying to figure out what would be a better gift for my sons 7 and 9. any input is app.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PS3 unless you like sending the system back for warranty and waiting a month to get it back. I've actually had both systems at the same time and I ended up selling the 360. To be honest, I never had any real problems with the Xbox except it locked up on me a few times but I never got the red ring of death. The thing I like about the PS3 is I can still play all my old games on it. I hear they are also coming out with an upgrade that allows you to burn DVD's with it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
360 much better game selection

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
360 much better game selection

For now, but those games dont do you much good when your system is sitting back at Microsoft being repaired. [Razz]

--------------------

Abandon him.

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been hearing "for now" thing from people for a year now. You know that song if tomorrow never comes!!! I would still buy another 360 even if microsoft was not fixing mine. He also said for kids. So in that case I would go 360 or wii.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
360 by far... I have an original launch day system... I have left it on for weeks at a time without a hitch.

The game selection is much better on the 360... You can play most of the original xbox games on it (like the PS3 with most older games)..

"soon" as a release date for games on a ps3 doesnt work... especially right now, when most people are considering what system to buy their kids from xmas...

I own all 3 systems, and the ps3 gets the least amount of play time...
I'm sure in a bit they will have some better games out for it(PS3)... Just like in a bit they will have a cure for the common cold. [Razz]

I'm not a fanboy of any company and won't blindly push their console, just to see one company do better. I'm just a dude that wants to play good games... and I do that 99% of the time on the 360.

[ November 23, 2007, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
xbox 360 without a doubt. great graphics, cool online gaming, hard drive, easy to use, etc... overall, a great gaming system. buy mine! lol

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx for the input, i think 360 it is for now, maybe i will pick up a ps3 for myself [Razz]
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know if you bought one already but Walmart has a great deal on them today 11/23

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get the 360. My brother has had his since it first came out and no problems with it. If you like to game online id definitely go with 360, there are so many more online gamers than on the ps3.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well.. After standing in line from 9pm until 5am outside of best buy i bit the bullet and purchased an xbox 360 and guitar hero II combo(among other several artifacts).
i've been playing straight since i got home(8am) and the games i purchased are great. Excellent graphics...couldn't be happier.
however, what I've noticed and dislike is the horrendous continuous buzzing sound the console makes while reading the cds. Other than that it's great..

out of topic : If you don't have a hddvd player GET ONE!!!............OMG!! Can't believe how much better the image is over a normal dvd!! [patriot]

--------------------
=(

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

There were a lot of good deals out there today for both systems. Like I said, over the years I've had almost every single system made. At one point I had my old PS2, PS3, a 360, modded original Xbox, Sega Gamegear and a N64. I sold everything but the PS2 and 3. I only keep the PS2 because it has a hard drive with a bunch of games saved on it and I can only play the first 3 Guitar Hero's on it.

--------------------

Abandon him.

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
360 all the way! it has more games and better games and most games that were ps3 exclusives are jumping ship because of the higher hardware sales of the 360. ps3 is way overpriced

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive had my 360 with 0 problems since launch day.most of the people who have probs with there 360's are the ones that never shut it off and leave it on the floor with all the dust.i also own a wii and just picked up my ps3 about 3 weeks ago.i play the 360 more than all of them by far.im considering selling the ps3 and the wii.my 5 yr old enjoys the wii the most and nintendo makes games more child orientated.

*steps off soapbox*

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on a side note has anyone played rockband yet.i really wanna check it out and get some feedback before i drop 200 on it.
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

my wife got the 360 2 games xtra controller and guitar heros 2 for 369.95 this morning at like 5a.m. thanks for all the input
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
my wife got the 360 2 games xtra controller and guitar heros 2 for 369.95 this morning at like 5a.m. thanks for all the input

that's the one i got.
so far, i love guitar hero!! and i love the 360. I have a question. Is your unit really loud? i mean, if you have it on and stap back 10 ft. or so, do you hear the disk spinning?

thanks.

--------------------
=(

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

that's the one i got.
so far, i love guitar hero!! and i love the 360. I have a question. Is your unit really loud? i mean, if you have it on and stap back 10 ft. or so, do you hear the disk spinning?

thanks.

no [Eek!]
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
have a question. Is your unit really loud? i mean, if you have it on and stap back 10 ft. or so, do you hear the disk spinning?

-

--------------------

Abandon him.

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

quote:
quote:

that's the one i got.

thanks.

mine still in the box and she didn't get it from best buy, i can't open it, i ment the kids can't open it(lol) untill xmas.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd get em both. [Big Grin]

PS3 does have A FEW good games. I still play my ps2 (for God of War 3). But by far 360 is the way to go.

I am also one of those weirdos that has a gamecube, n64, super nintendo, wii, ps one, ps2, ps3, xbox, 360, Jaguar, dreamcast and a sega. And I still play them all from time to time for certain games.

burnout50
¯
Member # 6781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnout50  Ford pictures for burnout50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
PS3 unless you like sending the system back for warranty and waiting a month to get it back. I've actually had both systems at the same time and I ended up selling the 360. To be honest, I never had any real problems with the Xbox except it locked up on me a few times but I never got the red ring of death. The thing I like about the PS3 is I can still play all my old games on it. I hear they are also coming out with an upgrade that allows you to burn DVD's with it.

I totally agree, with xbox you have to pay for online gameplay and a subscription for 12months is like 50 bucks(heck thats a brand new game) but for the PS3 its totally free. it has bluetooth, a web browser and much more than the xbox. its almost as if its a computer.

[ November 25, 2007, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: BURNOUT50 ]

--------------------
SOLD! Clean '91 LX Hatch Original

Daily Driver - 2014 Mustang GT w/ Track Package

Posts: 220 | From: SF, Antioch, Rio Vista, Bay Area | Registered: May 2006  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

quote:
Originally posted by BURNOUT50:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

I totally agree, with xbox you have to pay for online gameplay and a subscription for 12months is like 50 bucks(heck thats brand new game) but for the PS3 its totally free. it has bluetooth, a web browser and much more than the xbox. its almost as if its a computer.
You can not compare what the 360 has online to the ps3. Its worth the money. I also heard that you will have to pay to play certain games online for the ps3.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am providing proof that I have both systems just to say I am not on either side.
 -
 -
I think that it depends on what your kids like to play. XBOX 360 has some bad ass games such as Gears of War, Halo 3(if you are a fan). PS3 also has some bad ass games, such as Resistance Fall of Man, Motor Storm, WarHawk,etc. There are also some titles that are on both systems, like Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six Vegas, Nascar 08, Splinter Cell, Fight Night round 3, etc.

You will hear people say that the online play with the PS3 sucks. Well, it is free, and the PS3 has the capability to have more people online with games like WarHawk. You can have up to 32 people online(it might even be 40). The online presentation and ease of use is definitely better on the XBOX Live system. You would hope so since Bill Gates and Microsoft had something to do with it.

PS3 has a new price point, but be careful because these new PS3's can't play all of the old PS2 titles. Make sure and get the 80 or 60 Gig version.

Finally, you say that your kids are 7 and 9, I would get a Wii. I don't have this console yet, but I think that I will for my daughter. I have heard nothing but good things about that console. The only down side for the Wii is that it is designed for a younger audience. Which ever console you get, you wont be disappointed. Just do the research on the game before you pay 60 bucks for it. I have about 540 dollars worth of junk games for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It is the software that will make the system good. Good LUCK.

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wii is hella fun. Graphics arent as great but playing COD on Wii is great. So is playing smackdown 08 and Resident Evil.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com