Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dept of corrections question (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dept of corrections question
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey yall I just passed my first test and have to fill out my PHS. I am wondering is there anywhere I can get a print out of my last 10 years of work with start/hire dates and addresses? I went to the social security department and they gave me a print out of the corporate locations and the amt of money I made. Any help is appreciated

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When did you decide to take the test? My wife took hers today and Im taking mine the first of Nov. If you find out where to get all that info please let me know, I'll need it too.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
When did you decide to take the test? My wife took hers today and Im taking mine the first of Nov. If you find out where to get all that info please let me know, I'll need it too.

I signed up for it a while ago. I took the test on the 25th. The test is so easy its not funny. If you can read and comprehend basic english you will pass.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
If you can read and comprehend basic english you will pass.

Thats what my wife said. They tell you to plan on being there all day for the test and she was out in 3 hours. I'm not worried though, I usually do really well on tests like that. I just hate loosing points overall because I'm not handicapped, not a female and I'm white.

--------------------

Abandon him.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
If you can read and comprehend basic english you will pass.

Thats what my wife said. They tell you to plan on being there all day for the test and she was out in 3 hours. I'm not worried though, I usually do really well on tests like that. I just hate loosing points overall because I'm not handicapped, not a female and I'm white.
Yah, I was out of there before 12.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get ready for the wait guys.. i did that 1 year ago and just know took my physical and resparator test... super slow process

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt
Blue 17'' 1993 Cobra wheels

Posts: 314 | From: Vacaville Ca | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Yeah, I hear if you opt for a job in one of a few certain prisons that you'll get in quicker. I'm only interested in going one place so I'll just wait. I hope it helps with the fact that I know a few CO's at Folsom and my wife currently works there herself.

--------------------

Abandon him.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by gt1990gt:
get ready for the wait guys.. i did that 1 year ago and just know took my physical and resparator test... super slow process

Thats weird. I just took the test the 25 of october. My physical is in december of this year. I dont know why you had to wait 1 year to do the physical!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not sure either took the writtin test and the 900 q test after that.. then came back for my PAT test about 2 weeks later turned in my PHS talked to a back ground investigator, about six months later they called asking for some information... know about 2 weeks ago they overnighted my papers to go to my physical and resparator test.. im going back to QTC "were you take the physical" for another test on wed... let you know what it is...

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt1990gt:

+1 still waitin'
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Anyone know where you can get accurate detailed info of past job hiring/quit dates ?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look up all your old tax filings maybe? I would have no idea where you could find all that info.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

anyone past the step im at? i heard up to a year and a half wait...

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt

wicked02gt
¯
Member # 6652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wicked02gt  Ford pictures for wicked02gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend is going through that right now he said the wait is because of the prisons you picked cuz they give you three choices and if those are full then you have to to wait till there is openings then they call you he chose pelican bay thats the place thats needs them right now accroding to what they told hime folsom,vacaville, and san quentin are full thats why people have to wait so long
Posts: 246 | From: vacaville,ca | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
wicked02gt
¯
Member # 6652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wicked02gt  Ford pictures for wicked02gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ October 30, 2007, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: wicked02gt ]

gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

i picked on the paper willing to relocate anywhere in the state of california,
wicked02gt
¯
Member # 6652

oh then that took a long time time my friend apllied about 1 month ago and he is already took all his test and is just waitng for his backround to clear and then he is set
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Your friend must have said that he would go to one of the other prisons that really need people. If want to get into another prison that doesnt need people as bad then it will take longer.... I'm holding out for Folsom.

--------------------

Abandon him.

wicked02gt
¯
Member # 6652

yea i think thats what happened cuz he said that they told hime if would want to go to a prison that he wanted it would take longer cuz most likely it would be full so he said he would go where they need people and then transfer it would be faster that way
gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

the background is the longest part.. up to a year... ask sgt. maxwell today when he was asking me more questions...

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just a question do they check your credit and is that a factor in them hiring you.That's my only concern?

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
just a question do they check your credit and is that a factor in them hiring you.That's my only concern?

Yes, you have to bring in a credit report when you turn in your PHS.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

wicked02gt
¯
Member # 6652

yea they ask for a credit report but wether or not it affects your hiring i have no idea i say it shouldnt unless you owe money to the government like taxes,child support,alimony stuff like that but i dont know kinda dumb tho if they deecide not to hire you cuz of credit i think
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

I just took my test today and passed no problem. They wanted to know stuff like if I was ever suspended from school and the dates it happened! Like I can remember exact dates from 22 years ago when I was in 6th or 7th grade. Some of it was plain stupid. Yeah, they do ask for a credit report but she said it doesn't make a difference what your credit score is. They also want a copy of your auto insurance.... for what reason, I don't know. All in all gathering all the personal information is going to be the hardest thing about the application, for me anyway.

--------------------

Abandon him.

gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

one of my cousins that got hired said they check your credit to see if you are a responsible person just what i heard

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com