Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car is all done and tuned ready to race 527AWHP on a MUSTANG DYNO! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Car is all done and tuned ready to race 527AWHP on a MUSTANG DYNO!
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well as some of you know i've been building up a 2006 Mitsu Evo 9 RS.

This weekend was a pretty fantastic one [dance]

We got the car tuned and are now maxed out on the 1000cc inj. they are at 96% d/c [Frown]

The car is tuned for 120 oct and we are pushing 34 psi out of the GT35R turbo.

This is still on an un-ported head w/ cams and supporting valve train components.

The car put down 527 AWHP on our dyno which multiplied by 18-19% comes out to over 620 DynoJet HP [Eek!]

All this outta 122ci 2.0L 4 banger [Razz]

To top it all off we entered it into the JDM Theory car show in SJ this weekend and received 3rd place for "BEST ENGINEERED" [Whoo Whooooo!]

Here are some pics:

-

-

-

-

-

3rd Place for "BEST ENGINEERED":

-

And here's a little dyno vid for ya:

-

[ October 09, 2007, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good my fellow ricer!!! Sounds about the right hp. A friend recently dyno'd on a jet with a 35r in his supra and made almost 600. I think it was 59x. The turbo was pretty much maxed out at that point. Fast spooling little sucker.

So, after having both the cobra and now this little rice pot, which car do you like better???

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Looks good my fellow ricer!!! Sounds about the right hp. A friend recently dyno'd on a jet with a 35r in his supra and made almost 600. I think it was 59x. The turbo was pretty much maxed out at that point. Fast spooling little sucker.

So, after having both the cobra and now this little rice pot, which car do you like better???

Hate to say it but the little rice mobile puts both my Cobras to shame in almost every area besides looks imo.

The handling and brakes on the Evo are simply insane for oem stuff.

The power is something you can't appreciate until you take a ride in it and row through the gears [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

By the way Bushur Racing went 9.97 @ 142ish on 540 Hp on their Mustang Dyno and that was on a fully built/ported head.

I think we are on the right track to see a single digit pass w/ some excellent driving and 1.5x 60's or lower [Roll Eyes]

We could make more power but need to get more fuel if we decide to do that.

[ October 08, 2007, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that Sean's old car?

Where is the other half of the motor? [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

Now that shit is funny right there!!!!

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Is that Sean's old car?

Yup that's it.

The other half spun a balance shaft bearing so it's retired to the machine shop LOL [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice. this is one of the few imports i would own. how much money you put into it?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you taking it to the next grudge on the 20th?

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ October 08, 2007, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: 1/4 HORSE ]

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey patrick nice work on the evo! good to see it didnt die after the motor went. sad to say it was all do to an oil filer coming loose!!!

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see its no torque monster [Razz] Nice numbers though Pat. Im not really a fan of rice, but I would sport this car hands down [worship] nice job! [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More HP than most V8s on the board...AND better MPG! I dig it! [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good to see it run again, I had to bring Sean 5 quarts of oil when all the oil came out, when he racing a GTO down Highway 4, there was no oil in the motor, it took it all, the motor started right up and sounded fine when I left.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bad ass car...anyone know how much it cost to produce that kind of power? im pretty sure it was a pretty penny to put those numbers down.
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SICK! Nice car Pat. Any plans for the exterior or suspension?

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I can tell Sean spent $1000 to get it to run 11.55s on stock tires!!!

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put the wing back on, looks better IMO.
EVO's are fun little cars. We had one for about 6 months but my wife didn't care for it for daily driving.

Nice numbers!

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is a evo rs it did not come with a wing

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Dont forget the manual windows, manual locks, and no radio.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Thanks for the really kind words guys [patriot]

Yup i'm too am super happy to see it running like a champ again after what had happened to it when Sean had it [Frown]

To be quite honest i'm not sure how much it cost total to build it but w/ the built motor we put in and the I/M we built + the cost of the car and mods Sean had on it already i'd say we are about $35K as all of the labor was done by me and they guys at the shop so we saved a bunch [Big Grin]

Normal charge for a fully built motor swap at our shop usually runs $6-7Kish.

Added the pic of the JDM Theory plaque [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Hey Pat do you work at FF now? Or are you part owner? Just wondering because you keep saying "our" shop. I live about 2 blocks away from the shop. Maybe I'll swing by one of these days but you guys are usually closed by the time I get off work.

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Hey Pat do you work at FF now? Or are you part owner? Just wondering because you keep saying "our" shop. I live about 2 blocks away from the shop. Maybe I'll swing by one of these days but you guys are usually closed by the time I get off work.

I've always been a "silent" memeber of the crew over there since Sean(owner) started it up a few years back.

My "real job" and degree is in health-care but i'm now crossing over and joing the guys at the shop. 30hrs at PAMF and the rest 20ish at FFTEC.

NO not part owner but we are like a big family over there [Razz] that's why i say "our, we, etc."

I'm a die-hard Ford guy and still love Stangs and my F150 but started w/ imports way back when and this is one of those situations where i'm having my cake and eating it too [Big Grin]

edit: I'm there literally everyday after 1pm excpet Wed. We often are there after hours 10am-7pm so stop on by and say wassup.

[ October 09, 2007, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

You guys aren't going to beat me up if you see me, are you? I mean hell I'm just a puny skinny red head. You met met at the track so you know!!!

BTW, the way you spelled Mustang in this thread is HILARIOUS!!!! A MustNag!!! hahahahahahahaha!!!

[ October 09, 2007, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a sick ass car man

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
You guys aren't going to beat me up if you see me, are you? I mean hell I'm just a puny skinny red head. You met met at the track so you know!!!

BTW, the way you spelled Mustang in this thread is HILARIOUS!!!! A MustNag!!! hahahahahahahaha!!!

Actually i still don't know who you actually are [Confused]

That's not a spelling error ......just my FOB-ASS Pilipino accent [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com