Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Halo 3 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Halo 3
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well so far while I am enjoying H3 some of the changes in the buttons and how you pick up things are kind irritating. So far I dont think it is better than Gears of War. but I am loving the new guns and items like bubble shields. Still a great game but I think I may have psych'd myself up a bit too much so I feel kinda let down...lol.

Yeah thats a mistake I used to make back in the days. Never hype a game. Just play it and let it surprise you. Everytime I would hype up a game it never lived up the hype.

[ September 26, 2007, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well so far while I am enjoying H3 some of the changes in the buttons and how you pick up things are kind irritating. So far I dont think it is better than Gears of War. but I am loving the new guns and items like bubble shields. Still a great game but I think I may have psych'd myself up a bit too much so I feel kinda let down...lol.

Yeah, I have the game and I feel let down as well. What the hell was all the hype about. This was suppose to be the game of the year. Gears is definately better. I guess I better keep playing to get my moneys worth.
Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm convinced not to buy it now. Walmart in Fremont has dozens of copies of the regular and collectors addition. I almost bought it yesterday but am still in love with gears of war. I'd rather wait till anohter gears comes out
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually retract my earlier statement. now that I am farther in the game, the differences are way more apparent. This game is definately on gears level. It just started out a little mild. The AI of the enemies has been really upped and the game is textured beautifully. And the ability to pick up "ALL" weapons is worth the price of admission. J if you liked gears you should grab this. Online campaign mode is tight as hell too.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I actually retract my earlier statement. now that I am farther in the game, the differences are way more apparent. This game is definately on gears level. It just started out a little mild. The AI of the enemies has been really upped and the game is textured beautifully. And the ability to pick up "ALL" weapons is worth the price of admission. J if you liked gears you should grab this. Online campaign mode is tight as hell too.

fucker....now I have to buy it. I'm swayed so easy. But like you just said if you can hold ALL the weapons then I'm in like Flinn or is it Flyn or Flynn? Whatever.....I'll buy it.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this guy at work has a 360 that went out as he was playing halo 3 last night(red ring of death). he said the funniest thing, "microsoft shouldnt make game systems, they should stick to ruining computers!" lol

edit: this guy at my complex works at game stop. he got the limited edition and said that once he got to a certain level his 360 will freeze and go to a black screen, happens every time

[ September 28, 2007, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: 66backinblack ]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
this guy at work has a 360 that went out as he was playing halo 3 last night(red ring of death). he said the funniest thing, "microsoft shouldnt make game systems, they should stick to ruining computers!" lol

edit: this guy at my complex works at game stop. he got the limited edition and said that once he got to a certain level his 360 will freeze and go to a black screen, happens every time

Tell me about it. I'm on my 3rd x-box. thank god for warranties. Microsoft has a big quality control issue when its comes to the 360's

--------------------
91 GT

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just picked up a 360 earlier today along with halo.. can't wait to play online.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

My Screename is CLEEN50. We should get a cafords team [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 GT

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone play marathon [Eek!]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:

I'm buying mine today. I've never played halo or halo 2 before...I have no idea what it is about or anything...but I've heard if you haven't played it before to just go strait to halo 3.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:

I'm buying mine today. I've never played halo or halo 2 before...I have no idea what it is about or anything...but I've heard if you haven't played it before to just go strait to halo 3.
Whoever told you that is trippin. You actually wont understand some of the story plot due to not know what transpired on pt.2.l Game is still tight but you just will be wodering wtf? on a few parts. H3 picks up exactly where h2 left off.
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
socom navy seals online [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

So far I don't like it lol. I don't like how it plays...also how can I obtain more than two guns at a time? I thought that I could carry ALL the guns?

Also can't I play with the screen different...I hate games dont show my guy in the screen and just his gun in the screen.

Hlep?

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So far I don't like it lol. I don't like how it plays...also how can I obtain more than two guns at a time? I thought that I could carry ALL the guns?

Also can't I play with the screen different...I hate games dont show my guy in the screen and just his gun in the screen.

Hlep?

You can only carry 2 guns, its a 1st person shooter as was halo and halo 2 you cant change the view.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

Hlep?

lol....you must have literally just started the game like 5 secs in and then came and posted. Nope cant change the camera orientation. That would make it a non-first person shooter. Give it time you will get used to the controls and stuff.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VeNoMiZeD is my gamertag if anyone see's me online.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At first I was dissapointed in the graphics but the more I played the more I understand why ther are like theyare. The levels are huge and the gameplay is second to none! I started out playing legendary and it's kicking my ass, so far I have passed only 3 levels.

Gamer Tag: NaturlBrnKilla

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I didn't like gears at first either and now I can't get away from the game....I'm sure H3 will get better the more I play. Have only play about 30 min. lol.
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i just connected the console and everything, says i get 1 month free of xbox live, but how do i connect? i don't think my game came with a "redeem code" piece of paper.. help?

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just bought my Halo 3 edition xbox360 and halo... signing up live later. S/N Lucky347 [patriot]

[ October 19, 2007, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Okay game is pretty awesome!!! I've only gotten to the part of when the large tanks are dropped off in campain mode...then went to play live....HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU TALK DURING LIVE PLAY LIKE IN GEARS OF WAR!?! I hear no talking from anyone either. Before game starts everyone can talk but during game play not talking?????
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

oh yea... S/N j remymartin
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they have mics on of course. During game play to talk to your teammates anywhere in the map that your on. Push any direction on the flat d-pad that is shaped like a cross. If you talk without pushing, it will talk to whoever is close to you whether your enemy or teammates are around. So basically push the d-pad when you want to talk. It will end the conversation when you stop talking with a swish sound.

[ October 01, 2007, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im fucking loving this game, and yes i went out and bought a 360 halo edition to play it! lol i did play alot of the first 2 games so im not a halo noob, and i definatly like this one the best, i can't wait to get my xbox live working and get on with some of my friends

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com