Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Family of 5, wife wants a mini-van, Help! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Family of 5, wife wants a mini-van, Help!
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i have an 06 expedition with like 80000+ miles on it and cant say i have taken the best care of it but still runs good nothing falling apart has plenty of room for people and things everyone says how comfortable it is and nice it is. The 07 are much nicer and bigger so if you want a new car Id get an 07 if your gonna get an expedition. I liked the tahoes when I first saw them thought they had a lot of room but think the expeditions have more. My old boss had a sequia(sp) that was also really big and nice and she didnt have problems with it. As far as gas its about 60 dollars to fill up my tank right now and gas is about 285 average up here right now id say. Good luck with whatever you do and if you do buy a ford DO NOT GO TO HAYWARD FORD FUCK THAT PLACE [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I have 5 boys plus me and the wife. I have a 06 Durango that fits us ok. Seats 6 in the back. My next move is a excursion tho. I looked at a mini van, I forget which one but it was a pretty sick one. Mini-vans arent that bad these days. I had 2 expeditions, I loved my 97 exp. I hear good things about the Navigator too.

NO on navigators my friend has one and she had to fix the suspension on it like 5 times and still kept fuckin up Ive heard a few others complain about that as well so I would definitly not go for that

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the wife doesn't want an SUV and you don't want a minivan, the new Taurus X will seat 6 adults (they claim 7 adults, but I question that) has 265hp, 6 speed auto. Get one in black, tint the windows, add some nice wheels...won't be too bad to drive around.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife and I just had our first kid and to prepare for it I bought an Acura TL in January.

She had the kid in May and now in July I got so tired of lifting the kid and car seat out of the damn Acura TL that I bought a Suburban.

It is a 2003 suburban and the fuel mileage isnt that bad as compared to my 2000 dodge ram quad cab.

I am SOO happy with this SUV. Plus when the in laws go with us or my parents it makes taking care of the baby a sinch.

Plus with tall people the seating is very nice.

I know gas mileage is important but lets be honest so is comfort.

[ August 01, 2007, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: court ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by court:
My wife and I just had our first kid and to prepare for it I bought an Acura TL in January.

She had the kid in May and now in July I got so tired of lifting the kid and car seat out of the damn Acura TL that I bought a Suburban.

It is a 2003 suburban and the fuel mileage isnt that bad as compared to my 2000 dodge ram quad cab.

I am SOO happy with this SUV. Plus when the in laws go with us or my parents it makes taking care of the baby a sinch.

Plus with tall people the seating is very nice.

I know gas mileage is important but lets be honest so is comfort.

Lower your Suburban, it makes it even easier to put your kids in... well not really. But it looks a little cooler. haha!

-

-

-

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tight but is yours 4 wheel drive?

--------------------

Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
tight but is yours 4 wheel drive?

Thanks... 2WD. Mcgaughy's makes drop kits for both 2/4 wheel drive.
Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

well it looks tight, but I am waiting for the kid to get a couple of years older then I am going up in the air 8-10 inches!

[ August 01, 2007, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: court ]

--------------------

5dean0
¯
Member # 4623

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dean0  Ford pictures for 5dean0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mini Van For Sale 2004 Honda Odyssey 49k miles $16,000.00 firm.

-

-

-

--------------------
92 LX 5.0L Stock
06 IS 250 RWD

Posts: 91 | From: North Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

Just bought a 2013 Sienna SE and damn it i love the way it drives! Like a corolla lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Hey guys, my 02 Mountaineer is getting old and with 3 kids my wife wants something better...She really likes the new Toyota Seinna's (260+hp) and I can get one for cheap at my work...I just don't really want a mini-van...

Expeditions are cool, but they're a lot $ for a nice one and still don't offer that much more room...The new Tahoe's look great, I just worry about the "chevy" side of things, if you know what I mean......

Any suggestions???....

Those new Siennas aren't bad. Drove one for work, super comfortable. Back up cam for the women. Decent amount of power actually.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Issue SOLVED!

-

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The New Sienna (SE & XLE) can actually tow up to 3500 pounds, which is a good option! But its also pretty good on gas and imo seats 8 fairly comfortably...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
well it looks tight, but I am waiting for the kid to get a couple of years older then I am going up in the air 8-10 inches!

I actually upgraded to a 2013 Tahoe and couldnt be happier.

Not too bad of mileage either to be honest.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:

I actually upgraded to a 2013 Tahoe and couldnt be happier.

Not too bad of mileage either to be honest.

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a toyota vienna

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

if anyone is buying a 2013 sienna to include towing, then they will have to go aftermarket for the hitch receivers, and toyota will not install it...for me, i wanted everything (parts/labor) to be toyota, incase anything goes wrong...then i can defer back to the dealer...but no go, atleast for the time being

[ 2013-07-16, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well from Ford, you have the explorer which is not depreciating at all. I had a woman bring in a 2013 with 26,000 miles on it already and it only booked for 2000 less than she bought it for… Although she did get a pretty good deal on it.
If you like the flex the flex is one of the most expensive vehicles that we offer as far as third row capability and it holds value better than any other car that we offer other than raptors, Shelby's, and specialty vehicles.
If you decided you want something more similar to the minivan, look at the 2014 transit wagon. Theyre taking the transit connect and getting back into the minivan game so they will have something a lot more modern for a minivan.

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -  - [burnout]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
minivans are nice and roomy. For my fam I decided to go the mdx route. Great car and lots of room.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
minivans are nice and roomy. For my fam I decided to go the mdx route. Great car and lots of room.

You're telling me you have room in the 3rd row or behind the 3rd row?!?!? We looked at those new two years ago, VERY DISAPOINTED! With the 3rd row up we coulnd't even come close to fitting a folded up "jogger" in the back. First two rows of heated/cooled seats and gadgest were awesome, but with the 3rd row up and lack or room in the back it wasn't an option!

Edit: you say you only have a family of 4 or 5 total, you dont need more room than that.... Well, your kids have friends, you need room for yours and theirs "stuff" etc. Made the MDX too small for a family of 4+

[ 2013-07-16, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
My F250 truck seats 6! [Big Grin]

That's my thinking..... [Big Grin]

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow this is an old thread. I originally said i was looking into the Tahoe hybrid and ended up getting the GMC Acadia in 07. We then traded it in last year and upgraded to a fully loaded Denali version. The wife and kids love it.

-

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

is that the acadia or the denali? looks like the acadia...7 seater?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd never own a minivan, ever. SUV yeah but minivan? [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com