Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dyno Numbers are in... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dyno Numbers are in...
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want to thank JohnB for all of his time and work he put into my car and Nick at Newtech for the awesome job he did with the tune, the car ran out of fuel at around 5200rpm's, but that was what I expected with only the 42's and a 255lph fuel pump.

-

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers. What is your combo?
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice!! should run some good numbers for you.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn You are going to be pushing the stock block when You get that fuel system flowing! Can't wait to see it run at the strip. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great numbers man [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can wait for the #s it puts down 2 the track...

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wickedstang:
Can wait for the #s it puts down 2 the track...

I don't have a cage yet so hopefully it stays in the 11's for now, don't think that will be a problem with me driving.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet!

Mind sharing what the problems were?

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Sweet!

Mind sharing what the problems were?

Not enough fuel pump I think, could be a kink in one of the fuel lines or a clogged fuel filter.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very awesome numbers man! remind us again what your setup was, i recall it being a turbo notch.

and i thought you needed a cage to go 11.99 or faster?

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe it's been changed to 11.49 now

Congrats on getting it ironed out. JohnB to the rescue once again!!!

[ July 01, 2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jimmy great job!

I need a spin in that thing to get me motivated with my proj.

Just fired up my car today for the first time in 6 months, woot!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice numbers...time for a second fuel inline fuel pump and let's see what it can really do....still should be fast enough for now..

how much boost you running?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
nice numbers...time for a second fuel inline fuel pump and let's see what it can really do....still should be fast enough for now..

how much boost you running?

11 pounds, the inline and some 60's are next before a re-tune, some are saying with more timing I can see over 100 more ft lbs of torque, it's only 14 degrees of timing right now, so there is plenty left on the table.

[ July 02, 2007, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: 91Trunkster ]

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VERY nice #'s for a turbo car on a dynojet.
Most mine ever made was 506RW. LOL

Do you have a wideband?
The reason I ask is I have had nothing but problems with my own turbo car on dynojets. Boost was 2-4psi LESS on the dyno vs the street. Due to the way the old Autologic chips are programed (through the base fuel table & not through the Mass-air transfer function), on the street the car would make more boost & run lean (base fuel table is RPM based, it does not compensate for the added air moving through the maff). Had HG popping problems. Once I got a wideband in the car & richened things up, I never had a problem again (swapped to a PMS).

FWIW, you should really run more timing. Overly retarded ignition timing will burn the exhaust valves & guides very quickly. (makes the headers glow from the A/F mixture burning off in the header). It'll make the turbos spool like crazy though! Turbos should actually run a little more timing than a SC setup due to the high exhaust pressure. This too leads to burnt exhaust valves guides. I was running 23 degrees total in my setup & after ~1500 miles I pulled the heads to find excessively worn exhaust guides.

Sunoco 'Maximal' is one of the fastest burning race fuels which will also keep exhaust temps down & is recomended for limited timing setups like this, but 14 degrees is far too low. Ideally a stock timing curve is what should be used & is what I'll be running. (26 total) & yes, you'll pick up a LOT of power with 12 degrees more timing & the correct fuel!

Also, don't be afraid to throw a lot of timing at it down low. I run more timing below 3000RPM than any N/A car. Low compression, high octane, & no boost = no problem running a LOT of timing to get those turbos spooled up faster.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's actually 15 degrees 3500 and up for now, when it went to 14 it dropped 11 rwhp so it definitely liked the timing and its about 24 to help it spool in the lower rpm area [Smile] with the fuel system limitation I didn't feel pushing it would be a great idea. As for boost he said he saw 11 on the street, and I saw around 11-12ish on the dyno so they match up.

nice car, I loves me a turbo notch, just got to get it to hook up haha. [Big Grin]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like the timing curve is correct, just low. I run ~10 degrees more than that everywhere on race gas.
We see slow boost response & low boost with turbos on our dyno, so we have to finish off the tunes at the track.
But if it's making the same boost on the dyno vs the street, everything should be good to go.

Good job Nick! [patriot]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right on, race gas is nice, perhaps I can do a flip chip and see what this car does on some 110 [Big Grin]
nickn
¯
Member # 193

double post

[ July 02, 2007, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: nickn ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the numbers! [patriot] Add a bit more fuel, you'll be 500/500 no problem...just depends on how much you want to push the block. [Wink]

Nick- thanks again for takin' care of another one for me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
500/500 on a street driven stang would be awesome.

Everytime you floor it you must be thinking about the block huh Jimmy?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's a ticking time bomb, the only problem: you don't know when it's going off
Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think he'll be fairly safe. Especially on the street. He won't hook up hard enough to hurt anything. Taken care of, should last a while, imo.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

My first 331 (stock block) made 430/507RW with a Byron tune on a dynojet.
After about a year I decided to swap out to a Dart.....I thought the old stock block was fine, so I put it on the shelf. Ended up having it machined for a customer & found the block was twisted ~.003" in the #2 & #4 mains. Always wondered why it tore up the thrust bearing. (that's why I bought the Dart)
Never even ran slicks with that block. Best was 11.5 @123MPH on DR's.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Everytime I floor it I'm thinking I hope I don't lose control, after I get more fuel I may lower the boost and see what happens with a tune with all the fuel there, I'm not trying to break any records so the 500hp doesn't bother me, it's definatly fun to drive on the street and I'm not pushing it too hard at all, just enjoying having a running Turbo Mustang again.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com