Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » transgender 6 year old (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: transgender 6 year old
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you guys thing of this? Another case of parents bowing to their kids and letting them raise themselves or actually listening to what their kid wants and respecting it?

-

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3088298&page=1

'I'm a Girl' -- Understanding Transgender Children
Parents of Transgender 6-Year-Old Girl Support Her Choice

By ALAN B. GOLDBERG and JONEIL ADRIANO
April 27, 2007 —

From the moment we're born, our gender identity is no secret. We're either a boy or a girl. Gender organizes our world into pink or blue. As we grow up, most of us naturally fit into our gender roles. Girls wear dresses and play with dolls. For boys, it's pants and trucks.

But for some children, what's between their legs doesn't match what's between their ears -- they insist they were born into the wrong body. They are transgender children, diagnosed with gender identity disorder, and their parents insist this is not a phase.

"A phase is called a phase because it is just that. It ends. And this is not ending. This is just getting stronger," Renee Jennings told ABC News' Barbara Walters. The Jennings asked that "20/20" not disclose their real name in order to protect the identity of their 6-year old transgender daughter, Jazz.

Most transgender children still live in the shadows, hiding from a world that sees them as freaks of nature. Rejected by their families, many grow up hating their bodies, and fall victim to high rates of depression, drug abuse, violence and suicide.

Today, hundreds of families with transgender children -- who have found each other over the Internet -- are taking a dramatically different course. They're allowing their children to live in the gender they identify with in order to save them from a future of heartache and pain.

"I think we're a very normal family," said Renee's husband, Scott. "I think we have a very healthy marriage. We love to watch our children in all of their activities, whether it's at school, or on the field playing sports."

'You're Special'

On the surface, the Jennings and their four children are a typical American family. But their youngest child, Jazz, is only in kindergarten, and already she is one of the youngest known cases of an early transition from male to female.

"We'll say things like, 'You're special. God made you special.' Because there aren't very many little girls out there that have a penis," said Renee. "Renee and I are in 100 percent agreement as to how we should raise Jazz," said Scott. "We don't encourage, we support. And we just keep listening to what she tells us."

From the moment he could speak, Jazz made it clear he wanted to wear a dress. At only 15 months, he would unsnap his onesies to make it look like a dress. When his parents praised Jazz as a "good boy," he would correct them, saying he was a good girl.

The Jennings wanted to believe it would pass. Scott said he "was in a bit of denial" about what Jazz was trying to tell them. After all, even their rowdy twin boys, who are two years older than Jazz, had painted their nails growing up. But Jazz kept gravitating to girl things, insisting that his penis was a mistake.

When Jazz was two, he asked his mother a question that left her numb and frozen. "[He] said, 'Mommy, when's the good fairy going to come with her magic wand and change, you know, my genitalia?" according to Renee.

DISCUSS!

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id whip the shit outta my kid til they get their god damn head straight.... im sorry, love and compassion my ass, thats parents not putting their foot down and putting their CHILD in their place.... If ur kid is 15+, thats their own choice then, but until then ur job as a parent is to correct and teach ur kid, not the other way around, its the way the parents raise their kids. Obviously this couple fucked up. [BS flag]

heres more [Eek!]

Dr. Volker then brought out anatomically correct male and female dolls for Jazz to play with, and asked him to point out which one looked like his body. According to Dr. Volker, Jazz pointed to the male doll and said, "This is me now," and then pointed to the female doll and said, "This is what I want."

[ June 29, 2007, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coulda fooled me

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
id whip the shit outta my kid til they get their god damn head straight.... im sorry, love and compassion my ass, thats parents not putting their foot down and putting their CHILD in their place.... If ur kid is 15+, thats their own choice then, but until then ur job as a parent is to correct and teach ur kid, not the other way around, its the way the parents raise their kids. Obviously this couple fucked up. [BS flag]

forreal. that political correctness to the max

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
coulda fooled me

yeah i know [Confused]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW well i guess chop the dick and make a hole now [Confused] crazy. Fucking parents

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
WOW well i guess chop the dick and make a hole now [Confused] crazy. Fucking parents

yeah those parents are crazy for that

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
id whip the shit outta my kid til they get their god damn head straight.

--------------------
=(

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf happens when they hit high school? locker rooms, showers, etc.. man that would suck. f'n parents need to set their kids straight. he/she is way too young to make a major choice like that.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

[patriot]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2nd that on whipping the kid straight. I'm far from having kids but what the hell? The way I put it is like this: let's say you're growing a tree. The tree starts to bend in a bad direction. Do you let it continue to grow in a bend, or do you take a rod to it and tie it up to guide it in the right direction?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]
But that's the problem. You can't even be a stern parent anymore without some tree hugging liberal faggot calling you an absusive parent. People just need to mind their own fucking problems/business and let others do what they need to do. Thus is why we live in a nation full of pansy's that scream "political correctness" at every chance they get. Fuck it, be what you need to be to raise your children right.
Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
wtf happens when they hit high school? locker rooms, showers, etc.. man that would suck. f'n parents need to set their kids straight. he/she is way too young to make a major choice like that.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck! didnt think about that shit! thank god im as straight as a ruler

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

opie
¯
Member # 7693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for opie  Ford pictures for opie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well now, this is just how stupid people are, this is why we have dumb laws. YOU DO NOT SUPPORT A 2YR OLD CHILD! You TEACH and correct them. I will bet money the other 3 children are boys and the parents wanted the 4th to be a girl.

Hows this, At the age of 2 my child was grabbing for my gun so I let it. By the age of 4 it was saying stick them up, by 13 it was robbing banks, I guess it was just "in my child" to rob people.

Hows this? My 6 year old wanted sex with a 40 yr old so I let it. Im not in the wrong since my CHILD asked-wanted.

1 more question how does a child so young know what genatalia is?

I say the story is BS if not Ill go to jail beating the fathers ass.

[ June 30, 2007, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: opie ]

Posts: 67 | From: dutch harbor | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

delete

[ June 30, 2007, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: F8LSN8K ]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:

[Confused] i never thought of that..

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
2nd that on whipping the kid straight. I'm far from having kids but what the hell? The way I put it is like this: let's say you're growing a tree. The tree starts to bend in a bad direction. Do you let it continue to grow in a bend, or do you take a rod to it and tie it up to guide it in the right direction?

4real. there's a point where you should put your foot down. and especially when the kid is that young

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off, in the pic look at all the girl shit all around!....Pink this and pink that and what looks like girls toys too!....ITS CLEARLY the parents fault in this one...If your boy likes fires, do you buy him matches?????....NO!...Why the fuck does that boy have girl toys????....

.....Wait 'till the moustache kicks in...lol

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
First off, in the pic look at all the girl shit all around!....Pink this and pink that and what looks like girls toys too!....ITS CLEARLY the parents fault in this one...If your boy likes fires, do you buy him matches?????....NO!...Why the fuck does that boy have girl toys????....

LMAO!!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:

thats when he has a chance of getting killed just like eddie gwen from newark

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeap. parents are totally responsible. i don't get this whole "let the children decide for themselves" aspect of this culture.
Shit, when i was small, i was never asked what i wanted to eat, wear, or play with. I was given stuff and if i didn't like it, i sucked it up otherwise i would have gotten my ass beaten.

for example. I went out with a friend and on the way to a restaurant her children started screaming that they wanted mcdonals and not chinese food. They started throwing fits and being vociferous. Fuck that. had i ever done that i would have gotten spanked and told to stfu and just eat what was given to me.

those parents should be held accountable for any psychological damage the kid will suffer.

--------------------
=(

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:

thats when he has a chance of getting killed just like eddie gwen from newark
really though.//

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:

haha that kid will *hopefully* grow hella facial hair and arm hair [Razz]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
for example. I went out with a friend and on the way to a restaurant her children started screaming that they wanted mcdonals and not chinese food. They started throwing fits and being vociferous. Fuck that. had i ever done that i would have gotten spanked and told to stfu and just eat what was given to me.

Damn straight!! When I was younger and I went out to a restaurant once and saw a couple of kids throwing temper tantrums, my mom told me I pulled that when I was really young. She also told me that it didn't last long, she just picked me up and went to the bathroom and gave me a good beating. Then she said I sat in my high chair for the rest of the evening like a good little bitch.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya shit like this I deem the "Pussification of America". I was thinking of writing a book on events like this and call it that. Would you guys buy it? I think it has possibilities

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com