Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » so what happened in this Kimbo-Mercer debacle? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: so what happened in this Kimbo-Mercer debacle?
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
but i guess you have to start somewhere.

Exactly, I don't understand why so many people are sensitive to this Kimbo topic.

The guy is strong, is a good striker, and has a lot of passion. He is not proven, but you have to start somewhere. This is his starting point.

Rather than disqualify him immediately, lets see how far he gets. We all know he has not fought anyone worth a damn yet, so I look forward to see him fight someone average. If he wins a few average fights I'd like to see him step up and fight a few above average fighters. Otherwise if he gets his ass handed to him a few times, fuck him and he can go back to internet street fighting where he continues to fight the most out of shape and under-qualified human beings in all of Miami.

But why all the hating and personal emotion at this point? Nothing has really happened yet. Its just hype.

Personally, I am interested to see how it all pans out with this guy. I personally don't expect him to get too far with a qualified fighter, but it will be fun to see... [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I can vouch that he is a master in: niggaCanDo

mix that with some training and he can get further than the average joe. Thats my point. He is not an elite MMA person, yet he is not a gas station attendant either (no disrespect if there is a bad ass gas station attendant reading this).

I tell you one thing. I didnt know what the hell MMA was until this point. So he just may be a cash cow if nothing else. [patriot]

[ June 25, 2007, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look I'm not saying he is the best but and i'm sure his time will come when he gets his ass kicked. But for now we've seen him knock guys out in the back yard, everyone said what if he went against a pro, well here it is RAY MERCER (a pro boxer) ya he got paid and maybe doen't care but he still talked shit and got his ass kicked!
On september the ABBOTT guy??? will get his ass kicked also. See this shit is all about money and to be honost KIMBO is bringing in the MONEY, for my self I have never paid for a PPV fight, but I paid for this one and I will watch the september fight (everyone is welcomed [Big Grin] ).
Kimbo is making them money and there going to make sure he wins!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
Look I'm not saying he is the best but and i'm sure his time will come when he gets his ass kicked. But for now we've seen him knock guys out in the back yard, everyone said what if he went against a pro, well here it is RAY MERCER (a pro boxer) ya he got paid and maybe doen't care but he still talked shit and got his ass kicked!
On september the ABBOTT guy??? will get his ass kicked also. See this shit is all about money and to be honost KIMBO is bringing in the MONEY, for my self I have never paid for a PPV fight, but I paid for this one and I will watch the september fight (everyone is welcomed [Big Grin] ).

[patriot] Its funny how many were doubting Kimbo from the beginning saying he wont make it in the MMA/UFC and will be stuck at backyard fights. Look at him now, he went from youtube to pay per view.

Thats what you call a dedicated fighter. He is climbing the ladders. Oh and Tank Abbot? Tank is a damm good fighter but KIMBO will man-handle his ass like how he man handled Mr EX PRO boxer Mercer.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone see how Frank Shamrock put Phil Baroni to sleep on Friday? Shamrock put his hands together on his face during the fight to leg Baroni know it's going to be "Nighty-night" time for him.

Also, anyone catch BJ Penn put Jens Pulver to sleep as well?

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

[patriot] Its funny how many were doubting Kimbo from the beginning saying he wont make it in the MMA/UFC and will be stuck at backyard fights. Look at him now, he went from youtube to pay per view.

Thats what you call a dedicated fighter. He is climbing the ladders. Oh and Tank Abbot? Tank is a damm good fighter but KIMBO will man-handle his ass like how he man handled Mr EX PRO boxer Mercer.

Tank is NOT a good figher. Tank is a bum and Kimbo will beat the shit out of him in September. I give Kimbo 2-3 more bums until he faces someone with skill. At that point it will be lights out for him. Right now they are pumping him up so they can make money. And build up hype around him
opie
¯
Member # 7693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for opie  Ford pictures for opie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
To say that Kimbo is a mixed martial artist is a insult to martial arts in general. One cannot simply learn a few techniques in each art over the course of a few months and be considered to be a true MMA fighter.

If you look at most MMA fighters of today they each have at least one or two arts that they specialize in. Karo Parisyan is a highly regarded Judo artist. Randy Couture is a highly regarded olypmic caliber Greco Roman wrestler. Diego Sanchez is an excellent practitioner of Gaidojutsu. Each of them practices other arts such as BJJ, Muay Thai, traditional boxing etc etc in order to stay well rounded.

I'm not trying to say that Kimbo couldn't be decent in MMA but what I am saying is that it won't happen anytime soon (at least within the UFC).

To compare Kimbo with the likes of Vera, Cro-Cop, Emelianenko, Sylvia, Couture, Gonzaga, Herring, Nogueira or Werdum is fucking absurd. Kimbo is a joke compared to any of those fighters and each would dismantle Kimbo at their leisure in a sanctioned MMA bout.

Kimbo would bust Herrings ass! Kimbo could take the belt right now if he wanted. Styles make fights not fighters (i thought you would know this) Could you really see randy getting this guy to the ground? Youre talking 50lbs of muscle on weight and anyone of Kimbos blows would retire Randy. Why are you comparing a guy with 1 MMA fight to the most elite heavy weight MMA fighters in the world? I cant believe you give Kimbo that much credit and respect after his first fight. Im sure hes proud to be compared to Fedor after 1 fight but I think you are jumping the gun.
Posts: 67 | From: dutch harbor | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by opie:
quote:
To say that Kimbo is a mixed martial artist is a insult to martial arts in general. One cannot simply learn a few techniques in each art over the course of a few months and be considered to be a true MMA fighter.

If you look at most MMA fighters of today they each have at least one or two arts that they specialize in. Karo Parisyan is a highly regarded Judo artist. Randy Couture is a highly regarded olypmic caliber Greco Roman wrestler. Diego Sanchez is an excellent practitioner of Gaidojutsu. Each of them practices other arts such as BJJ, Muay Thai, traditional boxing etc etc in order to stay well rounded.

I'm not trying to say that Kimbo couldn't be decent in MMA but what I am saying is that it won't happen anytime soon (at least within the UFC).

To compare Kimbo with the likes of Vera, Cro-Cop, Emelianenko, Sylvia, Couture, Gonzaga, Herring, Nogueira or Werdum is fucking absurd. Kimbo is a joke compared to any of those fighters and each would dismantle Kimbo at their leisure in a sanctioned MMA bout.

Kimbo would bust Herrings ass! Kimbo could take the belt right now if he wanted. Styles make fights not fighters (i thought you would know this) Could you really see randy getting this guy to the ground? Youre talking 50lbs of muscle on weight and anyone of Kimbos blows would retire Randy. Why are you comparing a guy with 1 MMA fight to the most elite heavy weight MMA fighters in the world? I cant believe you give Kimbo that much credit and respect after his first fight. Im sure hes proud to be compared to Fedor after 1 fight but I think you are jumping the gun.
You are fucking tool.

How do you come to the conclusion that Kimbo could waltz into the UFC and take the HW belt away from Couture? (An otherwise amatuer backyard ape against a 5 time UFC title holder and former olympic wrestler)How is Kimbo bigger than Tim Sylvia you fucking moron? Explain those to us all first and then we can argue over whether or not Herring would get his ass kicked. Think back a few months and remember that Randy took down a fighter that was 50+lbs heavier than himself and beat him to take the UFC HW title. Size doesn't always mean you will win a fight automatically. Randy started the fight with a huge right handed bomb and knocked the fuck out of Sylvia.

So with your pathetic thought process Randy couldn't do the same thing to Kimbo? LOL Refer to my opening statement.

Since you seem to feel that I am a Kimbo nutsack rider perhaps you should read shit a little more in depth before assuming things. Personally I think he's a fucking idiot that will NOT make it in the MMA arena.

I would personally NEVER compare Kimbo with the likes of Fedor. That would be like comparing a fillet mignon to dogshit, or like comparing you to a smart person.

[ June 26, 2007, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
opie
¯
Member # 7693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for opie  Ford pictures for opie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off you did compare him to fedor YOU STUPID FUCK-YOU READ BACK ON YOUR OWN WORDS MORON. Second Silvia only got his title from a lucky shot and his size he is the most pathetic heavy weight in MMA history. Next the size difference in kimbo is about 4 inches in height and 6 in arms in favor of kimbo and 8-10 in the chest area in favor of kimbo. What you fail to understand (you must not be an athlete-athletic at all) is that its god given if it wasnt everyone would march right on over to the arena and becaome the next great quarterback and make millions. Kimbo has god given talents. Im done conversating with you about this matter as you fail to qualify as a person with any opinion worth shit. What are you gonna say after he beats Tank? Dont forget tank has been in pride recently.

Oh and Kimbo would snatch Randy up and make a pretzel out of him.

[ June 26, 2007, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: opie ]

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
First off you did compare him to fedor YOU STUPID FUCK-YOU READ BACK ON YOUR OWN WORDS MORON. Second Silvia only got his title from a lucky shot and his size he is the most pathetic heavy weight in MMA history. Next the size difference in kimbo is about 4 inches in height and 6 in arms in favor of kimbo and 8-10 in the chest area in favor of kimbo. What you fail to understand (you must not be an athlete-athletic at all) is that its god given if it wasnt everyone would march right on over to the arena and becaome the next great quarterback and make millions. Kimbo has god given talents. Im done conversating with you about this matter as you fail to qualify as a person with any opinion worth shit. What are you gonna say after he beats Tank? Dont forget tank has been in pride recently.

So let's see if I'm understanding this correctly.
Talent is god given and not learned?
Tim Sylvia would get his ass handed to him by Kimbo?
Kimbo has a height advantage of over 4" over Randy Couture?
I compared Kimbo with the likes of Fedor?

I think someone needs to put his 420 bong down and take a step back into reality.

Here are the facts.

1) Talent within fighting comes from many different facets. Drive, physical ability to endure pain, mental toughness, confidence and ability to learn from failures.

2) Tim Sylvia may not be one of the best HW champions that the UFC has had BUT he has fought and beaten many decent ranked UFC HW fighters I.E. Assuerio Silva, Ricco Rodriguez, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Mir, Jeff Monson etc. Kimbo would have his hands full with ANY of those fighters PERIOD. Arlovski would kick that fucking ape's stupid ass haircut off of his face.

3) Kimbo aka Kevin Ferguson/6'2" and currently 240lbs although he normally weighs in close to 260+lbs.
Randy Duane Couture/6'2" and currently 225lbs.

So how is it you come to the mathmatical conclusion that Kimbo enjoys 4" height advantage over Randy Couture? Please explain that to us Mr. Miyagison.

4) Please go back and re-read my ACTUAL post and not what you feel is what I stated about comparing Kimbo with the likes of Fedor.

You contradict yourself everytime you open your pie hole. Perhaps you should move from Dutch Harbor into a Dutch Oven until you're a little more well done.

[ June 26, 2007, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its pretty fucking stupid to fight over this considering the givens:

-Dude has only had 1 meaningless fight in MMA.

-Dude has very little training in MMA style fights.

Now this is my opinion, but still stupid if you dont realize this:

-He has natural fighting abilities.

-He has natural power and strength.

-As with anything needs training to tailor both of the above.

-Comparing him to the sports elite at this point is idiotic.

-While untested you really cannot say he doesnt have what it takes to climb through the ranks. (see Above)

-Fighting and boxing a upset is always one blow away. And Kimbo can definately deliver that blow.

-Kimbo needs a new fucking hair style.

-Change his motto because "Niggas eatin good now".

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally think he started his MMA training too late.. Most of the fighters have been training since they were kids. Kimbo is what about 30-31. One thing he will do is fill some seats and sell more PPV's. I definately won't mind watching his fights, I hope he does well but i don't see him as a threat.
opie
¯
Member # 7693

quote:
quote:

So let's see if I'm understanding this correctly.
Talent is god given and not learned?
Tim Sylvia would get his ass handed to him by Kimbo?
Kimbo has a height advantage of over 4" over Randy Couture?
I compared Kimbo with the likes of Fedor?

I think someone needs to put his 420 bong down and take a step back into reality.

Here are the facts.

1) Talent within fighting comes from many different facets. Drive, physical ability to endure pain, mental toughness, confidence and ability to learn from failures.

2) Tim Sylvia may not be one of the best HW champions that the UFC has had BUT he has fought and beaten many decent ranked UFC HW fighters I.E. Assuerio Silva, Ricco Rodriguez, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Mir, Jeff Monson etc. Kimbo would have his hands full with ANY of those fighters PERIOD. Arlovski would kick that fucking ape's stupid ass haircut off of his face.

3) Kimbo aka Kevin Ferguson/6'2" and currently 240lbs although he normally weighs in close to 260+lbs.
Randy Duane Couture/6'2" and currently 225lbs.

So how is it you come to the mathmatical conclusion that Kimbo enjoys 4" height advantage over Randy Couture? Please explain that to us Mr. Miyagison.

4) Please go back and re-read my ACTUAL post and not what you feel is what I stated about comparing Kimbo with the likes of Fedor.

You contradict yourself everytime you open your pie hole. Perhaps you should move from Dutch Harbor into a Dutch Oven until you're a little more well done.

Idiot.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com