Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fucking Tow Truck Drivers........... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fucking Tow Truck Drivers...........
tahoe 5.0
¯
Member # 4103

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tahoe 5.0  Ford pictures for tahoe 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Tow truck driver I got in tahoe when I rolled my mounty refused to tow it the 100 miles I told him to. Truck had AAA on the side, there was no mistaking. Guy said "fuck that I'm not driving that far our of my way, its to late in the day."

So I never got to recover my vehicle cause it was 3 hours away and not worth the effort once I got home.

[Mad]

you got towed by emearld bay...formally pallco. chp called them not aaa. the difference is money. aaa doesn't pay shit. chp rate does.

--------------------
profesional lubrication technition

Posts: 97 | From: Woodfords Ca. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love it when the service writer or service manger tells a person what wrong with the car before a tech looks at frist b/c they really know what they are doing an yes some tow truck drives have no clue what the are doing but alot do
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear you Don... A fukking valve spring broke on my 03 Jeep. The Tow Truck Driver was convinced that my gas gauge was faulty & I was running out of gas [Big Grin] .

[ June 05, 2007, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: six 5.0 ]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having a Mustang, I choose to have AAA. [Big Grin] My car has taken the 100 mile trip to Marks house in Sac a few times. Ive never had a bad experience with them, except the night they made me sit for 3 hours or so in Vacaville to get over the rush hour mess. Maybe the tow truck driver was trying to be the hero in your case..... There are those kind of people everywhere, not just in the towing field. I have that in my field too. The recycle driver will tell the costomer "oh yea the garbage man will take that for you", and I get there, and Im like you better show me the money that extra shit! lol...
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
being in the same profession As u i feel like choking these tow truk drivers sometimes, they need to shut up, hook up and get on with there job, i don't walk out to there dispatches and tell them how to hook up there riggs, if they are so mechanically inclined get a job at a shop!!!!!

Don I Fell Your Pain [Mad]

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll find the good w/ the bad everywhere you go. Carajo is one of the good ones. [Wink]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not all the tow truck drivers are bad - i was an excellent one and knew about most cars and problems - not all but alot and could al least help narrow it down - it would help to ease the customer and yes i drove for auto guardian(AAA not a contract station) about the best you can do for the tow world

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tahoe 5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Tow Truck drivers are tow truck drivers for a reason, they couldn't get a job as a mechanic anywhere.

Tow truck drivers drive too damn fast i think, i'll be in the slow lane doing 65 and i'll have one race up on my ass while hes towing someone.

I like the accident recoveries, repelling 75 ft. down cliff to roll over car, then get it out. most tow drivers are not mechanics...but I am. I choose not to work on car because i'm lazy. I make more money towing somewhere else.
why did you do that? Its not economically sound, costs too damn much. Off mosquito ridge in foresthill there is 15 cars and trucks down the 100ft cliff. we get calls all the time from drivers who see them and think they are an accident or something. They never pulled the cars out cause its not worth the trouble.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

tahoe 5.0
¯
Member # 4103

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tahoe 5.0  Ford pictures for tahoe 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tow Truck drivers are tow truck drivers for a reason, they couldn't get a job as a mechanic anywhere.

Tow truck drivers drive too damn fast i think, i'll be in the slow lane doing 65 and i'll have one race up on my ass while hes towing someone.

I like the accident recoveries, repelling 75 ft. down cliff to roll over car, then get it out. most tow drivers are not mechanics...but I am. I choose not to work on car because i'm lazy. I make more money towing somewhere else.
why did you do that? Its not economically sound, costs too damn much. Off mosquito ridge in foresthill there is 15 cars and trucks down the 100ft cliff. we get calls all the time from drivers who see them and think they are an accident or something. They never pulled the cars out cause its not worth the trouble.

tahoe 5.0
¯
Member # 4103

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you have full coverage insurance the insurance company is obligated to pay for and remove the wrecked veh from my yard. chp rate is 160 per hr light duty, 200 per hr med duty. time starts when I leave shop til I return. sr88,sr89,hwy 4 are scenic highways. chp makes me move them...sometimes I get stuck with total junk.

--------------------
profesional lubrication technition

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are all allowed to rant but.........

It was probably just a good natured dude just trying to help out or ease the situation because he seen an upset person...ie your ex.

Id take a chill pill and just blow it off.

Nice rant tho.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by court:
Id take a chill pill and just blow it off.

Hey that reminds me, I ran out of chill pills a few weeks ago and can't find a supplier, anybody got some?

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com