Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dealership Rip Off (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dealership Rip Off
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A dealership in Hayward sold a car to one of my cuzins for a sticker price of $21,000 so he pays $2,000 down payment and goes home happy ass fuck b/c he tought he got a "good" deal on a new 0 miles truck. Well he come to see me today and tells me that they called him back AFTER he signed the paperwork and told him the "new total" is $47,000 LOL for a fucking Toyota! Fuck the guy that sold him the car, the salesman told him that with financing and all that percentage horseshit, and payment plan the total sum was $31,000.... Wow all I can say is can he return the truck? And will he loose his $2,000 cash deposit? And can't you sue somehow for a protection against consumer rights violation for the FACT that they blatantly lied to him? Anyone has any ideas? [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

inferno03
¯
Member # 6519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inferno03  Ford pictures for inferno03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those guys can be assholes, when buying a new car you really got to see and read all of the paper work. that way you know what your really paying for.

--------------------
There are two types of cars in this world, Ford and everything else. >:)

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn your cousin Got hussled!! You have to read that peper work. SHit... They can tell you anything. Could have told him he bought the truck for $10... It's what's written that matters!
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is what I could find for you check it out.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/car_buyer_rights.shtmlt out

[ May 21, 2007, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Damn your cousin Got hussled!! You have to read that peper work. SHit... They can tell you anything. Could have told him he bought the truck for $10... It's what's written that matters!"

Yup, u said it right. But u know youngstas get all hyped up, they don't wan't no foreplay they just wan't it now! So yeah he just signed all the paper work with out looking at it and trusted the fucking salesmans "word of mouth". I mean it's a mistake that is gonna cost. Hopefully he can at least return the truck and get some of his money back....

--------------------
*NorCal

LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dam that sucks!!!!! good luck

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can GUARANTEE you there is A LOT of information missing in this story.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah our experience has been shitty too but we learned from mistakes...

At first we got a 2004 328Ci BMW with little things wrong with it (scratch on bumper & traction button not functioning).. They promised to fix it on a written paper.. Bought the car, week later we go to get it fixed.. They said "that wasnt in the contract to fix it bcuz we knocked off extra $1,000 on the deal".. Reported to BBB..

2nd was a 2005 Cadillac CTS with CTS-V Kit, got approved, $30,000 out the door with the upgrades.. Go see Finance Manager for final paperwork... Funny guy said to sign the paperwork.. Paperwork said "$38,500" all the way at the bottom.. We asked wassup? He told us "DMV, Finance charges etc etc".. We said " No thank you" and walked out..

Make sure you read whatever you sign, read before you sign!

As far as your situation, contact the Sales/Finance Managers and tell them that wasnt the deal you signed for... Demand for your money back, also contact BBB asap and give them heads up..

I think theres a few guys on here that work for dealerships, send them a PM.. I think Navid?

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO:
"Damn your cousin Got hussled!! You have to read that peper work. SHit... They can tell you anything. Could have told him he bought the truck for $10... It's what's written that matters!"

Yup, u said it right. But u know youngstas get all hyped up, they don't wan't no foreplay they just wan't it now! So yeah he just signed all the paper work with out looking at it and trusted the fucking salesmans "word of mouth". I mean it's a mistake that is gonna cost. Hopefully he can at least return the truck and get some of his money back....

thats how people get killed, but thats how they make money

[ May 21, 2007, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

"thats how people get killed, but thats how they make moneY"

TRUE but damn, theese people just flat out lie! Damn how in THA HELL are you gonna pay 47k for a damn car that had a sticker price of 21k? U know, but man yup we have to handle this correctly I hooked my cuzin up with this PR office number(lawyer, he made an appointment, I'm just heated bc it's a damn injustice.

--------------------
*NorCal

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50K for a toyota?!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is no way a 47k dollar car had a 21k dollar sticker, and if it was it was a huge mistake and when signing paperwork you are told what the monthly payment is, very hard to believe without hearing everything.

My motto, if you can't pay cash you don't need to buy it, unless your talking real estate.

WeSTBaY5.0
¯
Member # 5899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WeSTBaY5.0  Ford pictures for WeSTBaY5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My motto, if you can't pay cash you don't need to buy it, unless your talking real estate.
[/QB]

[patriot] mine too!!

--------------------
Where did my 1100 posts go??
*originally Member number 4736*

1996 Cobra

1991 NOTCHBACK 43k FORD SALE

Posts: 681 | From: Redwood City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

"There is no way a 47k dollar car had a 21k dollar sticker, and if it was it was a huge mistake"

My motto is payment is for suckaz!

U know but yeah I saw the paperwork today, and yeah he told me the sticker price was 21k thats why I'm kinda mad they nailed him.... And who ever said it was a 47k car? I just said that the sticker price was 21k and they are charging him 47k now, yeah paperwork doesn't lie, damn hes in a crazy predicament as of now. U got it twisted man read carefully, it's not a 47k car it's a 21k car that they are trying to screw him for 47k.

--------------------
*NorCal

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it 47K at the end of the term? Maybe they couldnt get him the rate they thought and he has a high interest rate so in the end he will pay that much for the car. Something doesnt sound right.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Yeah the interest rate is above .9 but I can remember accuratelly. But yeah it's definatelly up there and past 9.

--------------------
*NorCal

Paxton5.0
¯
Member # 3764

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paxton5.0  Ford pictures for Paxton5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did he agree to one amount on the paper work and then they call him back later and tell him that it would be more?This is the impression I got from your post. If this is the case, tell them to go f*ck themselves.
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read that post a few times and worked some numbers and whats written just doesnt make sense.How do you sign paperwork on a 21k truck w/2k down (leaves 19k to finance),end up with a total of 31k.(which i guess with a high interest rate,taxes,license fees,warranty,maint.plan,finance charges,etc.,it could be possible) But where does the 47k come from?? Look at his copies of the contract. is that what it says?

[ May 22, 2007, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: xcessive50 ]

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hayward ford got $5000 more outta me then i was orginally told i fuckin hate that place hope the next terrorist attack is right into that fuckin building [Roll Eyes] with that said i went to folsom ford on friday very pleased with my experience there [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that suck's, but you got to read the paper work when financing. 31,000 at the end of the term on a 19,000 loan is not that crazy, he could have little to no credit or bad credit. Which even with that you can hustle it down. Intrest is a bitch, thats what most of the payment covers. In real estate you end up paying about a million for a 400k house, now that's a real bitch. Bottom line if the paper work was signed and agreed on at one amount, you don't have to pay a dime more. That is what a contract is for, protection of both parties.
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks! If its bad or no credit just pay your payments for 6 months and then Refinance through a credit union for a lower rate. This way you have built your credit. I doubt the stealership will take the truck back.
Goodluck to your cousin!

[ May 22, 2007, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look did your cuasin sign paper works the first time??? if yes then he just needs to tell them FUCK OFF I already signed if they don't like it then they can take the truck back. IF HE HASN'T SIGNED THE NEW PAPER WORKS THEN THEY HAVE TO TAKE THE TRUCK BACK OR SELL IT TO HIM AT THE PRICE THEY GIVED HIM.

ALSO ABOUT THE INTEREST IF THEY TOLD HIM 8% AND HE SIGNED THEN THEY COULDN'T GET HIM FINANCED AND CALLED HIM AND ASKED HIM TO COME BACK AND RESIGN AT 10% THEN HE COULD JUST TELL THEM NO unless he really wants the truck then he will sign(JUST AN EXAMPLE)

TRUST ME AS LONG AS YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED THE CONTRACT THEN THEY WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE CAR BACK. IF YOU HAVE SIGNED AND THEY ARE TRYING TO CHANGE IT, WELL ITS THE SAME THING JUST SAY NO THANK YOU THEY WILL EITHER AGREE TO THE FIRST TERMS OR THEY WILL ASK HIM TO RETURN THE CAR!

good luck

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've said this over and over again: some of the biggest snakes on the planet can be found at the car dealer ( especially the finance department).

You people need to learn that that going through life sucking the dicks of the car dealers and the banks by messing around with car payments is a fuckin stupid thing to do because shit like this can happen to you. If you pay cash for a vehicle instead of financing it, you will protect your self from getting fucked up the ass by the car dealers.

By the way, I worked at a car dealer for many years and saw first hand all the crooked shit the finance department did so I speak from experience. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
I've said this over and over again: some of the biggest snakes on the planet can be found at the car dealer ( especially the finance department).

You people need to learn that that going through life sucking the dicks of the car dealers and the banks by messing around with car payments is a fuckin stupid thing to do because shit like this can happen to you. If you pay cash for a vehicle instead of financing it, you will protect your self from getting fucked up the ass by the car dealers.

By the way, I worked at a car dealer for many years and saw first hand all the crooked shit the finance department did so I speak from experience. [Big Grin]

No one is going to argue with You there! I get My financing through My credit union and then it put's the ball in My court when I go to buy the car. Then I make sure i have an in at a dealership and never work with someone I don't know. Also some research on the car is a must to decide if the warranty is worth the money and to get an idea from the car owner's of a particular model vehicle You are intrested in, and what they paid for it and what problem's they have ran into.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

dude i swear its your life long mission to let the world know that financing is not the way to go(in your opinion) i have some news for you buddy. not everyone can afford to shell out 30k for a car(not speaking for mysef) and therefore, resort to financing through a bank. as long as you finance responsibly and not beyond your means it can be worth while.

as far as the dude who got hustled. we all make mistakes when we're young and learn from it. get the specifics of the contract. something tells me dude either financed under a real high interest rate or was dooped into signing for a long term lease in favor of having low payments with the residual value at the end of the lease terms being too high. personally, i prefer buying from a private party as you can bargain the selling price more. private parties usually are not looking to make a profit so you end up getting a much better price than fair market.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com