Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Where's the Cheapest Store to buy a Glock at? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where's the Cheapest Store to buy a Glock at?
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.gunbroker.com/

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
Canyon Sports in Martinez banks with the bank i work at, and they either had a sale or are going to have a sale on all Glocks. The owner said it would be 8 bucks over cost. Might want to check out with them.

yes canyon sports for all your gun and ammo needs, they are great people. owners name is ron or ask for zack. there is no such thing as a good gun cheap
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your best bet would be to buy a Glock from topglock.com and have it sent to your local gunshop for the transfer. That is where many of the local places get their Glocks, then they tack on a huge markup. Buy it from topglock, then pay your local shop like $20 to do the paperwork. I think that would be the cheapest way to do it if you want a brand new Glock.

If you want a used one, try gunbroker.com. 9mm is a good beginner round because it is cheap and still very effective (IMO). I have a 9mm but it's a Sig. I hate to say it, but I have the same rounds that guy in Virginia shooting had in his Glock. He definitely did his research on ammo.

After a while though, you will want to move up to more powerful round. I'm getting a G29 (10mm) very soon [Smile]

63boss
¯
Member # 7598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 63boss  Ford pictures for 63boss    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my grandfather can get one he use to be in the war
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
However if you are a novice shooter and handler of handguns I would definately recommend a Springfield XD series weapon. [/QB]

or a trained pro [Razz] [patriot] ive shot many, and the XD still reigns best... wonder why its been voted and recieved "Gun of the Year" 2 years running [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
However if you are a novice shooter and handler of handguns I would definately recommend a Springfield XD series weapon.

or a trained pro [Razz] [patriot] ive shot many, and the XD still reigns best... wonder why its been voted and recieved "Gun of the Year" 2 years running [patriot] [/QB]
I never meant to imply that the XD was less of a firearm then a Glock. Glocks are an intermediate style handgun. The only safety feature they have is built into the trigger itself (virtually pointless) and they have no external hammer/decocking mechanism.

XD's are great weapons. Springfield is a name that is to handguns like Cadillac is to cars.

The bottom line is that XD's are newer in design and not combat proven weapons. They are not standard issue firearms as well in most cases.
Glock, Heckler & Koch and Sig Sauer all have proven combat records that speak for themselves. If you look at how many law enforcement agencies across the US and Europe use Sig Sauer handguns as well as US Special Operations forces you will see that the best use the best.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 63boss:

What the fuck are you talking about?

I seriously hope you're not making referrence to a Glock?

Glocks were designed in the 1980's and didn't see widespread use until the 90's. So unless your gramps knows Marty McFly I have no idea what relativity his being in "the war" has to do with a Glock.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Glocks were designed in the 1980's and didn't see widespread use until the 90's. So unless your gramps knows Marty McFly I have no idea what relativity his being in "the war" has to do with a Glock.

Maybe his grandfather is Marty Mcfly and his 1963 Boss 289 ( http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=029128;p=&r=nfx ) has a flux capacitor built in.

[ April 26, 2007, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
why glock? go to target masters in MIlpitas and try shooting a Springfield XD9.... ive used both, similar designs, springfield is nicer and feels better. Just my .02 [patriot]

+1...i enjoy mine more than a glock...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
quote:
quote:

Maybe his grandfather is Marty Mcfly and his 1963 Boss 289 ( http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=029128;p=&r=nfx ) has a flux capacitor built in.
ahhhhhhh ahahhahaha Flux Capacitor
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I smell troll...

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend let me shoot his XD and it felt like a toy gun. Didn't feel anything like a Sig or even a Glock. It almost felt like a taser gun if anyone has ever held one of those. It's an OK weapon for some people I guess, but holding a Sig with Hogue grips is really a luxury in my opinion. Most other guns just don't feel right after I have been spoiled with the Sig!

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i heard Lc action in san jose is great place to go with great deals check them out 1st since your in that area already. the glock 21c is great pistol not a whole lot of recoil for a .45 but when i get ready to go buy one im buying an hk usp.45 just my .02 and u can never go wrong with something based on the 1911 (like a kimber for example) but its all preference.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The best gun you can buy is one that feels right to you.

Springfields and H&K's don't feel right to me.

My guns of choise or Sigs, Glocks, quality 1911 replica and even a gay ass Berreta feels good.

Do yourself a favor go to a shooting range and spend a few dollars trying out different handguns. Select 3 that you like and then go from there.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
66mstgfsbk
¯
Member # 5197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66mstgfsbk  Ford pictures for 66mstgfsbk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try looking at the kimbers a little more than a glock but a good shooter out of the box. stay away from baby eagles too many issues if you want something inexpensive that has some commons with the baby eagle look into the cz brand. also ruger is good bang for the buck, i have a p95 and have shot about 5000+ rounds through it and not a single jam.
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 69 Resto-Mod Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
I'm looking to buy a Legal glock19. I currently have my gun liscense and looking for the cheapest shop in the bay area or valley to buy my Glock. PM me with info. thanks everyone. [patriot]

LC Action in San Jose --- way cheap........ [Big Grin]
didnt they lose thier ffl?
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO, doesnt matter if it is a .38, .40, or .45, a long as you are a good shot and practice that is all you need.
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraKilla  Ford pictures for CobraKilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For home defense just get a nice 12ga. shotty like a Mossberg Defender, or a Remington 870 (my fav 870 the Marine Magnum)also FN makes a cool tactical shotty. I have a few choices in guns in my safe but wouldn't use anything other than a 12ga. for home defense.
Posts: 599 | From: Nationwide | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com