Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I am a US Forestry Firefighter :) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I am a US Forestry Firefighter :)
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] good shit dana congrats best of luck and im up here too now start my new job tomorrow [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
[Whoo Whooooo!] good shit dana congrats best of luck and im up here too now start my new job tomorrow [Big Grin]

Your in GV?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

66mstgfsbk
¯
Member # 5197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66mstgfsbk  Ford pictures for 66mstgfsbk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats, a buddy of mine was volunteer for the town of Rough and Ready which isnt to far from g.v., his grandfather was also the capt of the house. if your looking for places up by you for gear let me know and ill ask where they got all the gear. now you can get the ff lic plates and put them on the fb.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66mstgfsbk:
congrats, a buddy of mine was volunteer for the town of Rough and Ready which isnt to far from g.v., his grandfather was also the capt of the house. if your looking for places up by you for gear let me know and ill ask where they got all the gear. now you can get the ff lic plates and put them on the fb.

Thats what i was thinking of doing [Smile]
Yeah find out for me where they got their gear i am going to need some stuff.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Today was my first day of training for wildland firefighting. It was fun, the instructor is awesome and i like watching the videos of forest fires and the "Kodak Moments" when the fire is raging and theres nothing to do but take pictures.
I also bought my boots, 405 dollars [Eek!] I've never wore boots so high in my life so i am sure my shin will be hurting tomorrow but other than that they fit nice. I got the White's Smokejumpers boots.
I bought 90lbs of sand and i am going to put 5lbs in ziplock bags and start hiking around with 25lbs on my back until i can do 60+lbs. i think just walking around our property should be a good workout. I need to get in cardio shape for my pack test. Its a 3 mile hike with a 45lb pack on your back and you have to do it in less than 45 minutes. Sounds interesting.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Got50Fever
¯
Member # 4187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got50Fever  Ford pictures for Got50Fever    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry I couldn't resist [Razz]

-

Posts: 79 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man!

Good luck training on those hikes with the equipment. Three miles with 60 lbs HIKING in 45 minutes is a tough task no joke.

66mstgfsbk
¯
Member # 5197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66mstgfsbk  Ford pictures for 66mstgfsbk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i talked to my buddy he said that there is 2 places in auburn that are close, other than that theres not much in the area. he forgot the names but that where he got some gear. he also said that he wore wesco's and that they lasted him 7 yrs fighting and were comfortable but really heavy. hope that helps.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com