Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 1st Tree Hugger Post... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My 1st Tree Hugger Post...
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep...it's that time...my first tree hugger post. I'm not a Democrat, I'm not a Republican...but I agree with Al Gore's goal to act on Global Warming. If you do to please sign the following petition:

"We are now within striking distance of collecting over 500,000 messages to deliver to Congress and have less than 48 hours to get it done in time for the hearings.

Ask any friend who wants to end the climate crisis to sign our message to Congress now by visiting:

http://algore.com/cards.html "

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not trying to ruin your post just learned some interest facts yesterday.
The average temp of the world right now is 64 degrees, the average temp of the world in the past 4.1 billion years has been 74 degrees. The temp went down from the astroid that hit the earth during the dinosauer age. The dust helped cool the world and the fact the world is getting hot is its just going back to its normal temp.
I believe we as humans are helping the world warm up but its not something we can stop, it will happen over time.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Outlaw_Stangz
¯
Member # 3926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outlaw_Stangz  Ford pictures for Outlaw_Stangz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you dont believe that human beings are solely responsible for the negative effects of global warming, you’re smokin on something. We need to address this issue before its too late.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The earth is warming itself back up as stated above. It is inevitable. Now, the way humans are contributing to that is another story. The source of our "heat" isn't exactly the way the earth's 74 degrees was sustained during the past 4.1 billion years.

Although with that said I'm more concerned with our consumption rather than what we emit. Did you know that each DAY humans consume all the prehistoric plant and animal matter that was produced in one YEAR.

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i signed and posted on my myspace [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the earth goes through cycles, we may be speeding it up a tad but in no way causing it. of course we must believe in what al gore is saying, he DID invent the internet didnt he?

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
The average temp of the world right now is 64 degrees, the average temp of the world in the past 4.1 billion years has been 74 degrees. The temp went down from the astroid that hit the earth during the dinosauer age. The dust helped cool the world and the fact the world is getting hot is its just going back to its normal temp.
I believe we as humans are helping the world warm up but its not something we can stop, it will happen over time.

hahaha, you never seem to fail at making one ignorant post after another.

back to the topic; signed it and so should anyone else who lives on planet earth [patriot]

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Outlaw_Stangz:
If you dont believe that human beings are solely responsible for the negative effects of global warming, you’re smokin on something. We need to address this issue before its too late.

I'm don't believe it and I'm not smoking anything. The fact is, there have been a number of mass extinctions throughout our planets history, all due to climate change. They have happened before and they will happen again, probably ending human life as we know it.

Do I think we are contributing adversely to the present "situation"? Yes, I do. But in all honesty, in order to live the way YOU and I want to live, we must consume and emit an abundance of CO2... it's a byproduct of almost everything consumable anyway. There are 6.5 billion people on this planet and in ten years, that number will jump by almost a half billion. The more people that live on the Earth each day means the more CO2 that will be emitted.

The bottom line is we are only "hurting" ourselves. The Earth will go through its climate change, extinctions will take place, and the planet will continue along its cycle of life and death for the next trillion years. We are merely a blink of an eye in the Earths history and one day we'll be gone just like the Dinosaurs. Geology and Oceanography have shown this to be true. Humans just don't like it and we want to live forever. I mean really, who wants to go extinct?

I'm runnin' my off-road pipe anyway [burnout]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by getjobdone:
quote:

back to the topic; signed it and so should anyone else who lives on planet earth [patriot]

Thats not an ignorant post thats a post from someone who reads instead of blindly follows like you.
"Oh my god Al Gore says humans are changing the temp of the world with its existence, it must be true and everyone who's says otherwise is ignorant even if they have read the books that i haven't read"
Go and read some books about geology and you'll see the earth is cooler right now than it was during the dinosauer age.

i am done with this post, i try and give info i've read and people talk shit, stupid. [Roll Eyes]

[ March 21, 2007, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice a racecar person who probably has striped all the smog from his cars. Driven full race cars on the street dumping tons of emmisions is concerned about global warming ?? LOL. Kind of like a burglar being concerned about the growing crime rate in his neighborhood.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I honestly think this is the wrong site to advocate global warming. If anyone really want to support the cause they put back the stock H pipe with cats and mufflers on our mustangs because they are the most emissions and enviormental friendly. Somehow I doubt anyone would want to do that.
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
very nice a racecar person who probably has striped all the smog from his cars. Driven full race cars on the street dumping tons of emmisions is concerned about global warming ?? LOL. Kind of like a burglar being concerned about the growing crime rate in his neighborhood.

Ever heard of cognitive dissonance? I'm working on it man [Smile]

--------------------

89SC50
¯
Member # 6248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89SC50  Ford pictures for 89SC50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought this was a bunch of crap when his movie came out with all the hype, but after seeing it this is not somthing you can argue with there are facts to prove it. Not trying to preach but I would recomened that you see this movie before you say it is all normal and happening anyway. I guess it will only matter to you if you care about future generations.
Posts: 185 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you think humans cause global warming you have been scammed.

LoL @ Scammer Al Gore. Its all about money and control.
Watch this for the truth...

Part 1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=u6IPHmJWmDk

Part 2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=5S1DujZ8P98

Part 3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=Whwgq3Y59WE

Part 4 http://youtube.com/watch?v=iyj5oX83PlA

Part 5 http://youtube.com/watch?v=4HA_omTEx-Q

Part 6 http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ZvvSp2CAnQ

Part 7 http://youtube.com/watch?v=90Di4DxHG4c

Part 8 http://youtube.com/watch?v=jlvBnLa7r2I

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Al Gore done got himself called out [Wink]

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/19/145933.shtml?s=ic

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Have fun in your new tree hugger career Team SOLO [Wink]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
I honestly think this is the wrong site to advocate global warming. If anyone really want to support the cause they put back the stock H pipe with cats and mufflers on our mustangs because they are the most emissions and enviormental friendly. Somehow I doubt anyone would want to do that.

Nah.... moreover, all of these global warming people should sell all of their cars and start using bikes and other resources, not just making our mustangs more environmental friendly. It kind of goes hand in hand with buying a mustang to save on fuel. [Cool]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
OneBadHatch
¯
Member # 970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneBadHatch  Ford pictures for OneBadHatch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate tree huggers [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
1990 GT
TFS Intake and Cam
AFR 165's
Plus all the goodies

Posts: 834 | From: Oceanside, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by OneBadHatch:
i hate tree huggers [patriot] [patriot]

I hate people with slow 1990 GTs with all the goodies [Wink]

--------------------

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a good book for some of you to read would be chicken little. thats where the little chicken got hit in the head and went around telling everyone the sky is falling. i dont think i have all the answers, im not a scientist and i dont think any of you are either. but if you believe emissions are part of the problem, simply sell your stang and ride a horse and continue to live in fear just like the powers to be wants us to
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

I agree. However, even though I race a car that takes 116 octane and emits more than many cars combined...I try and do my part by getting 100% of my electricity through renewable resources (i.e. solar, wind).

Didn't mean to start a controversy...just wanted to get more awareness of the topic out there. I'm not a scientist and most here are not...one person will believe one side, one will believe the other.

--------------------

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
screw it... i will be long gone before global warming does anything significant so I dont really care.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by getjobdone:
quote:

Thats not an ignorant post thats a post from someone who reads instead of blindly follows like you.
"Oh my god Al Gore says humans are changing the temp of the world with its existence, it must be true and everyone who's says otherwise is ignorant even if they have read the books that i haven't read"
Go and read some books about geology and you'll see the earth is cooler right now than it was during the dinosauer age.

Your post IS ignorant. Go take a class on Climate change. I just finished one today(thank god, toughest class in 4 years of schooling) and trust me, the shit is real.
you better watch what you read....

This is something my teacher told me for all the people that throw the "we are going through a normal cycle" crap. what cycle are you referring to? people read that in magazines and they feel cool because they can throw that out there. so, what cycle? Milankovitch cycle? what? what ? WHAT?
There is no cycle for what's going on.

According to the RECORDS WE HAVE, we've never experienced this before. Carbon 14 can only be used accurately for 40,000 years,(passed that you can't differentiate the # of decays from radiation). so I'm talking about other kinds of proxy records. Using isotopes is great for deciphering pass temperatures. Earth is 4.5 billion years old and we have decent records of 3.5 billion years. don't you think unbiased scientists know about cycles and what falls in between "normal" boundaries?. My teacher was down in Patagonia 30 years ago. This was NOT QUESTIONED 30 years ago. Geologist and geographers have known about global warning for decades. Their community is aware of the problem and recognize this as fact. It's just that the media plays it like it's a new phenomenon.

It is not, the ones that do not agree with it are usually reporters or people with ulterior motives.
this is nothing new and WE the, US, are the number one polluters in the world. china and India will soon surpass us because they wanna be like us. Quite the achievement huh?

With that said, We need to change, small changes count. I've changed my ways, i still drive a stang because i like it, but i try to not drive it as much as i can. guess changing is difficult but we'll have to do it if we want to leave a decent world to our future generations.

[ March 21, 2007, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lilghoust:
screw it... i will be long gone before global warming does anything significant so I dont really care.

This is the type of mentality we need to change before we can go on and change our ways.

However, i agree. This is not the place to discuss environmental issues. this is the place where we get together with our environment polluting friends.
And i, unfortunately, am one of them.

--------------------
=(

Outlaw_Stangz
¯
Member # 3926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outlaw_Stangz  Ford pictures for Outlaw_Stangz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like people have said before we wont see any real changes, its our future generations who will pay the ultimate price. Global warming is among one of the many things that might end the human race, we have a bunch of nut cases out there like russia, iran, n korea and the u.s., its only a matter of time before WW3 kicks off and then we're all fuked

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com