Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Carpool Lane Ticket? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Carpool Lane Ticket?
o3BlueMach1
¯
Member # 6858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for o3BlueMach1  Ford pictures for o3BlueMach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heh, I use the carpool lane all the time when im not supposed to. the ticket doesnt add any points on your license and some times( especially going to sf)it can save you like 30 mins off your drive..... and what cop is gonna stop you to give you a traffic ticket in a traffic jam...

--------------------
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
300whp 326 wtq
12.70 @ 108, 1.79 60'
Bolt-ons, 4.10's, and 17" ET Streets

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by o3BlueMach1:
..... and what cop is gonna stop you to give you a traffic ticket in a traffic jam...

The cop that pulled me over [Frown]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Coyoteswapfox92
¯
Member # 4057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyoteswapfox92  Ford pictures for Coyoteswapfox92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
I definately dont have the funds to pay the fukkin state 1K for 5secs inthe carpool lane. They have to be fukkin insane. I'm going to file a fukkin hardship or something. How the hell do they expect people to pay that! I gotta find a way around it if it is indeed a 1K fine. I will pay the $271 posted, but they can kiss my fatass if they think there going to get $1K from me. Unbelieveable

Sorry for the rant, this has been the worst fukkin day of my life!

Im sure the state didnt pass this law thinking they would make thousands opon thousands a year. They made this infraction fine this high to detour people such as yourself from breaking a law. the fine could be $1,000,000 but if you don't break the law who cares right? Sorr you got caught, but hey you win some and lose some..... Lesson learned, it's just to bad this leasson just cost you a grand....

--------------------
1992 Coyote project under construction.

Posts: 1051 | From: Yuba City, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Paxton5.0
¯
Member # 3764

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paxton5.0  Ford pictures for Paxton5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to keep a mannequin head with a hat on it taped to the headrest in my work truck in order to use the carpool lane. If you space the head from the headrest just right, it will look like a real person is sitting there. I passed right by cops all the time that looked in my truck and never got pulled over. [Big Grin]
zinc00gt
¯
Member # 468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for zinc00gt  Ford pictures for zinc00gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a carpool lane ticket a few years back. I went to the court date that was on the ticket, told the judge "no contest" and she made me pay $117. So just by showing up to the court I saved a good amount. Hopefully this will work for you
Posts: 260 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Paxton5.0:
I used to keep a mannequin head with a hat on it taped to the headrest in my work truck in order to use the carpool lane. If you space the head from the headrest just right, it will look like a real person is sitting there. I passed right by cops all the time that looked in my truck and never got pulled over. [Big Grin]

RMAO. This just made my day.

--------------------
91 GT

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That probably will not work. If you have to swerve out of the way to avoid rear ending someone then that would be called tailgating. A better thing to say is that someone came from the #3 lane and ran you off into the carpool lane.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
fight it, say traffic came to a sudden hault, and the only safe option you had was to enter the carpool lane and look for a spot later up the road to safely get back over, it was that or rearend the guy infront of you or risk being rearended.. It got me out of it once. [patriot]

I'm definately going to try that, shit anything to get the fine reduced or cleared. dont really want to be tied down with payments [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
That probably will not work. If you have to swerve out of the way to avoid rear ending someone then that would be called tailgating. A better thing to say is that someone came from the #3 lane and ran you off into the carpool lane.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
fight it, say traffic came to a sudden hault, and the only safe option you had was to enter the carpool lane and look for a spot later up the road to safely get back over, it was that or rearend the guy infront of you or risk being rearended.. It got me out of it once. [patriot]

I'm definately going to try that, shit anything to get the fine reduced or cleared. dont really want to be tied down with payments [Frown]

thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went to court for another issue.

People who had those tickets were fined the mandatory $371(not $271).

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend just got rear ended by someone zig zagging in and out of the car pool lane trying to save 5 seconds.

Now he has a totaled car and a lot of back pain. But I'm sure it's okay because someone else thought they were special and should be allowed to illegally go into the car pool lane. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
]

it worked for me, special situation though i guess.... the work van i drive is loaded anywhere from an extra 1000 lbs to 4000lbs worth of concrete and related items, he looked, and let me go. -Joe

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:
My friend just got rear ended by someone zig zagging in and out of the car pool lane trying to save 5 seconds.

Now he has a totaled car and a lot of back pain. But I'm sure it's okay because someone else thought they were special and should be allowed to illegally go into the car pool lane. [Roll Eyes]

Sorry to hear about your friends back, but I did no zig-zagging or crazy driving of any sort, and his back is really not my problem and has no relation to my incident [Roll Eyes] . So why even mention it? I didn't say it was ok, I just dont want to pay a hefty fine. Sorry I'm a cheap ass, but thats the way it goes. Jeesh we have some fuckin haters, you should of became a cop. [Roll Eyes]

[ March 08, 2007, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

From Snopes:

In January 2006, a driver was stopped and ticketed on U.S. 36 in Westminster, Colorado, for driving in a carpool lane with a mannequin he created by applying make-up to a wig stand and affixing it to clothing stuffed with newspapers (then strapping the finished product into the passenger seat with a seatbelt).

In November 2005, Kevin Morgan of Petaluma, California, was handed a $351 citation in Marinwood for driving in a carpool lane with a kickboxing dummy propped up in the passenger seat. The dummy was dressed in a baseball cap and Miami Dolphins windbreaker and wore a seatbelt.

In March 2002, a motorist with a full-size mannequin as a passenger drove into the car-pool lane on Interstate 405 in Renton, WA, triggering a chain of collisions involving six cars and two buses. Susan Aeschliman-Hill of Kent, WA, had outfitted her immovable companion with a wig, sweater, and makeup. The accident occurred when Aeschliman-Hill darted into the carpool lane between two buses. Among those injured were fifteen students on a class trip.

In 2001, a policeman in Atlanta pulled over a carpool lane violator who'd positioned a dummy in the passenger seat. The mannequin in question was wearing a sports jacket, a pair of sunglasses, and a baseball hat. Best of all, he had been positioned so he was holding a newspaper.

Ruses motorists have used to conceal their driving alone in car-pool lanes:

Store mannequins, blow-up dolls, kickboxing dummies, cardboard cut-outs, and even balloons (with faces drawn on them in marking pen).

Buckling the passenger-side seat belt and pretending to talk to someone reclining in that seat.

Covering an empty infant seat with a blanket or placing a doll in it.

Taping a styrofoam wig stand to the passenger headrest and topping it with a blonde wig.

Strapping the family pooch into the passenger seat.

[ March 08, 2007, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: BCINGUU ]

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
I definately dont have the funds to pay the fukkin state 1K for 5secs inthe carpool lane. They have to be fukkin insane. I'm going to file a fukkin hardship or something. How the hell do they expect people to pay that! I gotta find a way around it if it is indeed a 1K fine. I will pay the $271 posted, but they can kiss my fatass if they think there going to get $1K from me. Unbelieveable

Sorry for the rant, this has been the worst fukkin
day of my life!

I'm sorry but they don't worry about you paying for it, that fine is so high to stop people from using the carpool lane that shouldn't be using it...

I know Id be pretty pissed if somebody used the carpool lane to pass me just to gain 5 seconds on their commute.

Damn and you'd be so mad you'd want them to get a $1K fine, damn dude I sold you your cobra grill insert remember,..lol... damn no love around here.... [Frown]
if you were my best friend since kindergarten, I would have the same feelings on the matter
[Wink]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.realdoll.com/intro.asp *warning* NWS

maybe that could work? lol

Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:

Sorry to hear about your friends back, but I did no zig-zagging or crazy driving of any sort, and his back is really not my problem and has no relation to my incident [Roll Eyes] . So why even mention it? I didn't say it was ok, I just dont want to pay a hefty fine. Sorry I'm a cheap ass, but thats the way it goes. Jeesh we have some fuckin haters, you should of became a cop. [Roll Eyes]
so tell me again why you were in the car pool lane "Illegally" in the first place? You're right in that they are seperate incidents, but both you and the guy that hit my buddy went into the car pool lane then out illegally. He caused an accident, you didn't-but you both broke the law. Did the 5 seconds you saveed really make a big difference in your life for the better? If you didn't want to pay the fine, you should have never gone into the lane in the first place. If you feel you need to break the law and drive in the lane, just suck it up and pay the fine and stop whinning about it. It was your choice, you made it, so live with the outcome. Funny how people who disagree with you getting caught breaking the law are haters.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I just dont want to pay a hefty fine. Sorry I'm a cheap ass, but thats the way it goes.

THEN STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE CARPOOL LANE [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
I just dont want to pay a hefty fine. Sorry I'm a cheap ass, but thats the way it goes.

THEN STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE CARPOOL LANE [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
no shit!! its funny how some people get mad when they break the law and dont want to pay the consiquences...

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I HIGHLY reccomend ticketassassin.com......just beat my second ticket.....gus...hit me up if you want help...

[ March 11, 2007, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Bottle Fed ]

--------------------
1988 Saleen convt #522 SC
1989 Saleen #420 408 w/BOOST!
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Posts: 2264 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 1/1/07

(NOT $271, posted on the highway is old).
2nd time offense - Doubled. 3rd time - Tripled, and 4th time License Suspension.

you have got to be fukkin kidding me [Eek!] [Mad] [Mad] . I'll be damned if I pay $1K for 5 secs in the carpool lane. [Mad]
you have NO choice
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Sorry for the rant, this has been the worst fukkin day of my life!

5 secs or 5 mins they dont car at all.There is NO way to lower the fine for traffic school.They will tell you that in your arraigment.And if you cant pay,well point blank they DONT CARE.You WILL pay that amount or they will put a hold on your DL until you do.
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like being taxed for roads I can't drive on.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:

you can drive on it, just certain hours [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:

you can drive on it, just certain hours [Big Grin]
Yeah I like how they close off a lane during highest traffic times,they are pretty bright. They know how to suck out the big bucks.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've really wanted to go to court on this one. While I don't condone driving in the carpool lane illegally and don't do it myself, I really would like to know what the courts would say about Hybrids that can drive in the HOV lanes with their stupid little stickers. HOV lanes were not designed as a smog reducing device but a congestion reducing device; one has nothing to do with the other. Most people think HOV's are a waste but time after time population counts show that a carpool lane moves more people than any other lane on the freeway when they are in use. But what about little single person hybrid POS cars. Why the Fuck should they get to use the carpool lane? They aren't reducing traffic or pollution really? I have never understood it. I have a smog exempt SPCN car that isn't required to be smogged or beholden to smog laws. Wonder if that makes me exempt from the carpool rules too since It is obviously a smog lane now.

Also notice the carpool fine signs say MINIMUM FINE and are now $371. Anything over $371 is legal.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com