Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody on CAFORDS in I.U.E.C Local 8 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody on CAFORDS in I.U.E.C Local 8
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
im in teamsters local 315. some locals have a hiring hall that even non members can seek work through. where are you located and what type of work are you looking for.since you posted this in feb, hopefully you have found a job already

Yeah, I was actually in the application process/ testing for the LOCAL 8 (Elevators Union) in FEB. I was also applying at BART (Bay Area Rapit Transit - SEIU) at the same time. I actually got approved for the job at BART and because of my interviews and testing with BART it conflicted with with the LOCAL 8 testing date and I couldn't make it. Oh well, I still got the BART job though!

[ June 12, 2007, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
what kind of trade is the local 8?
im in the local 104 union doing sheet metal and heating and air conditioning.

i was in the trade for 6 years working for a non union shop and wanted to leave and work where my buddy works but i couldnt just get hired on.
i had to get on the list at the hall and wait for my buddys shop to call me in,then i went into the hall and filled out my paperwork.

but u can just go in pay your dues/or initiation fees and they can find work for you.

i just waited till i got on with the shop where i wanted to work at.

Local 104 here also.
[patriot]

mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
local 78 here! [patriot]

Another 78 member here! [patriot] Actually until about a week ago, I got cut to part time
[Frown]

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustangdude24:
quote:
local 78 here! [patriot]

Another 78 member here! [patriot] Actually until about a week ago, I got cut to part time
[Frown]

I thought that's what unions are for, secured positions. At least you didn't get fired, but still it's "PART TIME".

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
quote:
local 78 here! [patriot]

Me too. [patriot]
X3 LOCAL 78 FTMFW!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
what kind of trade is the local 8?
im in the local 104 union doing sheet metal and heating and air conditioning.

i was in the trade for 6 years working for a non union shop and wanted to leave and work where my buddy works but i couldnt just get hired on.
i had to get on the list at the hall and wait for my buddys shop to call me in,then i went into the hall and filled out my paperwork.

but u can just go in pay your dues/or initiation fees and they can find work for you.

i just waited till i got on with the shop where i wanted to work at.

Local 104 here also.
[patriot]

what company do u work for?i work for pacific in pittsburg

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Local Union 159, just got accepted into their apprenticeship program, steamfitters union btw.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by klonoa:
Local Union 159, just got accepted into their apprenticeship program, steamfitters union btw.

If you don't mind me asking. What is there apprentice starting pay. The local 8 (Elevators Union) started at $25.XX an hour. If you want to PM that's fine too.
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
quote:

If you don't mind me asking. What is there apprentice starting pay. The local 8 (Elevators Union) started at $25.XX an hour. If you want to PM that's fine too.
We def. dont start that high, we are starting at 40% I beleive of a journeymen wage, resedential journeymen make 31 dollars an hour and commercial make 39. Dude any elevator union is pretty fvcking hard to get into, how did you do it ?

--------------------
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
quote:
quote:

We def. dont start that high, we are starting at 40% I beleive of a journeymen wage, resedential journeymen make 31 dollars an hour and commercial make 39. Dude any elevator union is pretty fvcking hard to get into, how did you do it ?
I didn't get in. I wish I did though. A couple of months ago, they had openings for applications. I applied and got the application and filled it out. At the same time I was applying for BART. I had a test date for the elevators union, but couldn't make it because of interview days at BART. I ended up getting the BART job though. Which is union (SEIU). But I couldn't make it to the test date for the LOCAL 8. But my friends that did make it and pass it. Have interviews with them (LOCAL 8). There was shit load of people that applied for it and passed. But once you pass it, you go to the interview in front of a panel. They have a scoring system for the interview process. Depending how how you score, is how high your on the list. I'm pretty sure they're other variables, but that's what I was told. Your on that list for 2 years. When openings are available they go down the list and when your name is called. Then your good! But yeah, they pay pretty good. $25.XX for the apprentice program.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't get in. I wish I did though. A couple of months ago, they had openings for applications. I applied and got the application and filled it out. At the same time I was applying for BART. I had a test date for the elevators union, but couldn't make it because of interview days at BART. I ended up getting the BART job though. Which is union (SEIU). But I couldn't make it to the test date for the LOCAL 8. But my friends that did make it and pass it. Have interviews with them (LOCAL 8). There was shit load of people that applied for it and passed. But once you pass it, you go to the interview in front of a panel. They have a scoring system for the interview process. Depending how how you score, is how high your on the list. I'm pretty sure they're other variables, but that's what I was told. Your on that list for 2 years. When openings are available they go down the list and when your name is called. Then your good! But yeah, they pay pretty good. $25.XX for the apprentice program.
Yeah, similar getting into the steamfitters union. There was a boatload of people that passed the test and they were only looking for 16, me and my bro both got in. We get a 2 dollar raise every six months which is good.

--------------------
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com