Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » new street racing bill(AB2190) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: new street racing bill(AB2190)
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
The one thing that bothers me is how cops use the street racing charge. I got on it from a stop and got pulled over. I should have been charged with exibition of speed, thats what I did and I admit it. He gave me a speed contest ticket because there was a car behind me and I was "racing" with it. It was an old lady that I had just passed a few blocks past, there was no race. I had to go to court and ended up getting it knocked down to an unsafe start. If I'm engaged in a speed contest then I'll take the ticket. I dont do as much wrong now as I did years ago but still mess around once in a while.... the difference is its usually out on an empty area of road so I dont hurt anyone else if something goes wrong.

how much was your unsafe start ticket, i was just issued a ticket for that, I asked the cop to give me a municiple-code ticket for friction marks, even told her the code for it, she said she already had the ticket wrote up, because she couldnt remember that code i told her...
I got an "unsafe start" about a year ago for spinning 2nd gear leaving an intersection where a cop was 10 cars behind me, it was $180.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we need to open a race track

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would they provide a venue for somthing that was never legal in the first place. Its not the cops fault you took up illegal activities to pass your time. If you think a track would stop street racing you are tripping,Sacramento has/had one of the biggest streetracing action around and there is a track there. It may cut down on it a bit,but it wouldnt have a great effect. The street racing scene has become stupid. Back in the 90's it was nothing like it is now. There was more racing and less being stupid.
Honestly all these videos I see coming from the bay you guys race in the most retarded places,with little to no concern for safety. The storys I hear about people getting hit by people running when the cops come,that shits just stupid. You made your bed now lay in it.

I will admit I'm not inocent, I punch off every now and then at the right moments/right places when it seams safe. I know damn well I'm breaking the law though. And I know damn well the cops are gonna collect on it if they see me.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
you guys

[Eek!] THATS A LITTLE GENERAL DUDE

[ January 03, 2007, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: 66backinblack ]

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Why would they provide a venue for somthing that was never legal in the first place. Its not the cops fault you took up illegal activities to pass your time. If you think a track would stop street racing you are tripping,Sacramento has/had one of the biggest streetracing action around and there is a track there. It may cut down on it a bit,but it wouldnt have a great effect. The street racing scene has become stupid. Back in the 90's it was nothing like it is now. There was more racing and less being stupid.
Honestly all these videos I see coming from the bay you guys race in the most retarded places,with little to no concern for safety. The storys I hear about people getting hit by people running when the cops come,that shits just stupid. You made your bed now lay in it.

I will admit I'm not inocent, I punch off every now and then at the right moments/right places when it seams safe. I know damn well I'm breaking the law though. And I know damn well the cops are gonna collect on it if they see me.

well said
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
[QUOTE]how much was your unsafe start ticket, i was just issued a ticket for that

To be honest I dont remember, it was like 8 or so years ago.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If you think a track would stop street racing you are tripping,Sacramento has/had one of the biggest streetracing action around and there is a track there. It may cut down on it a bit,but it wouldnt have a great effect.

Probably has as much effect as when the cops decided to start hanging out at Sac Raceway and jack people up when they left if they suspected them of having illegal mods. Nice move [Roll Eyes]

Seriously though - I wouldn't call having only one track that serves and area where millions of peeps live doing a lot to help the problem. We don't need another sigle track - we need 3 to 5 new ones built... would be nice to have a few 1/8 mile dragstrips around here. Sadly, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
quote:
you guys

[Eek!] THATS A LITTLE GENERAL DUDE
I have problem doing that. I meant all the people that think they should be provided a place to go if cops are gonna harras them.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by sn8k:
quote:
If you think a track would stop street racing you are tripping,Sacramento has/had one of the biggest streetracing action around and there is a track there. It may cut down on it a bit,but it wouldnt have a great effect.

Probably has as much effect as when the cops decided to start hanging out at Sac Raceway and jack people up when they left if they suspected them of having illegal mods. Nice move [Roll Eyes]

Seriously though - I wouldn't call having only one track that serves and area where millions of peeps live doing a lot to help the problem. We don't need another sigle track - we need 3 to 5 new ones built... would be nice to have a few 1/8 mile dragstrips around here. Sadly, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Sac raceway is dead for half a year,you think there will be enough business to keep 3-5 tracks up and running?

I thought there was plans to put in a track down closer to the bay?

Cops waiting out front of the track was pretty lame,I think it stopped though.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes - "they" could easily keep 5 tracks running. With what the state brings in on taxes and tickets every year, "they" can surly afford to subsidize the tracks and pay for 'em to be built too. It would be a drop in the bucket. It's not good politics though - that seemingly is defined by not having enough cops and passing BS laws on top of the ones that they can't/haven't enforced effectivly enough to curb the problem... and letting more people die in the process. [Roll Eyes]

I think the busts stopped too - but there can/will be a next time. I just don't feel like driving 1 hour plus each way just to get jacked by the man. Screw that... I'm just so happy to be leaving this state in the near future. Time to enjoy a more friendly "car state". I'll leave Cali to the tree-huggers and other's who like to think they have all the answers (not you dude - the "they" people... politicians and other organizations that think something like this law will solve anything).

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard they also passed the law where you can't hold a cell phone to your ear anymore.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
I heard they also passed the law where you can't hold a cell phone to your ear anymore.

yea, i believe on the 1st. coming home from work yesterday 3 out of the 4 people turning in front of me were on their cell phone lol
DeeSVT
¯
Member # 6720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeSVT  Ford pictures for DeeSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is more shit to worry about in this state then f*k streetracing. How about ppl being f*ked up on dope and who knows what eles. [BS flag] If you even put a track in the bay ppl just dont give a f*ck if theres one here anyway or not. Theres still going to be ppl still street racing. It would be nice to have a track here thoe [Cool]

[ January 04, 2007, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Nacho ]

--------------------
Savage Habits!
97 cobra

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
Agree with hidden, but also with backinblack. It would be nice not having to drive an hour plus just to get to a track around here.

A Drag Strip? They dont care, all they want to do is pull people over for the stupidest excuses and write tickets so they can reach their quota..
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From my understanding only highway patrol guys have a quota.

As far as the new street racing law...whatever. I could care less. I don't street race.

One things for sure though, I'd mess around on public streets a lot less if there was a local place to bring my car. But like said already,...this is the Bay Area. Only new shit here is lame ass shopping, boring resturant chains and oh wait a Fremont Hooters. Woopty fuckin do.

And before anyone says..."If you hate it here so much then get the fuck out"...I'm workin on it. [patriot]

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
It's a crime, and causes many innocent death/injuries.

IT SHOULD BE A MANDATORY FELONY [Whoo Whooooo!]

Puuuulease! [Roll Eyes]
A mandatory felony??!!

[ January 07, 2007, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com