Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dilema with Stang (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dilema with Stang
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get it upraised and push it off a cliff in the middle of the night. [Wink]

seriously, why do people finance cars they absolutely cannot afford???

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Muskank:
It's worth "trade" through KBB about 9K and it's in great condition. No dents. Clean black leather. New engine. 3k on it. I owe 14,5K.

Is the 14.5k the payoff now? Or is that the calculated amount that you owe using your payments (which is interest bearing). How much can you sell that car for? I realized you are upside down but if its not too much trouble you may have to sell that car and pay a little to get out of it. You can even get a loan for the difference of what you sold it for and how much you owe and the payments will be much cheaper due to the principle being lower. Hell if the amount isn't too much you can even put it on a credit card.

Try to avoid damaging your credit. I was in your shoes a while ago. I had to sell my car and also pay 3k to get out of it. At the time I didn't have 3k so I got a personal loan from a bank. Payments were much lower than the car payment and I could easily afford it. 4 years later I bought some property and I could not have done it with bad credit so I'm glad I got out of it clean.

Or you can be like the idiots who suggest insurance scam. And we wonder why insurance rates are so high [Roll Eyes] Faggots

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup! Burn it so we can pay for it through higher rates. Thanks [worship]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:

honestly i think insurance companies just use those excuses like above so they can have a justifiable reason to increase rates. there gonna do it anyway so why not work a loop whole to better ure situation...

definition of insurance:

Coverage by a contract binding a party to indemnify another against specified loss in return for premiums paid.

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Thats a lie insurance companies tell to raise rates and people just eat that shit up. Almost how oil companies blame just about anything for higher gas prices. They do it, becuase they know we'll pay. They do it on a scale that congress approves. And it is all tied into the crooked ass insurance dude we had in office at the top. Without getting all up into a political science topic, I'll just let you know that it has been proven time and time again that the rate at which insurance companies payout to what they take in, does not even closely justify rate hikes.
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, I have been in this type of situation before. First off, only repo if you plan on filing for Bankruptcy. Otherwise, the repo will affect your credit for many years to come. If you do let them repo, remove all of the parts you want back. If you file for bankruptcy, they can't come after you for parts that you took off your car. I had two repos, but was already in the process of filing for bankruptcy. It has been about a year and a half and already have purchased a new house, and financed a car.
The best solution is to try and make the monthly. Get a rich girlfriend or something to help pay your other bills. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the Bankruptcy laws have changed since I filed so look into that as well. Good Luck.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
quote:

Thats a lie insurance companies tell to raise rates and people just eat that shit up. Almost how oil companies blame just about anything for higher gas prices. They do it, becuase they know we'll pay. They do it on a scale that congress approves. And it is all tied into the crooked ass insurance dude we had in office at the top. Without getting all up into a political science topic, I'll just let you know that it has been proven time and time again that the rate at which insurance companies payout to what they take in, does not even closely justify rate hikes.
Do you really think youre the only brain savy MOFO on these boards? I know 1 guy personaly who has burned 17 cars. Do the math on the pay outs and you think the insurance company is making big? You must be a moron thinking your "crew" is the only one burning cars. Point the finger at the insurance company who is paying 40k for a expedition that got burned and you think they are big ballin? Invest! INVEST all your money in car insurance and sell your business if insurance is big ballin. By the way, yes Im pissed . yes Im pissed at you ghetto mother fuckin insurance fraud bitches. If you need to rob a MOFO do it with a pistol at an atm not through my insurance. BITCH!

--------------------

modular
¯
Member # 6599

This is BS how can you ignorant MOFOS tell him to burn it? FUCK!

--------------------

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
This is BS how can you ignorant MOFOS tell him to burn it? FUCK!

damn u must work for an insurance company the way you're cryin about it. ure makin it sound like you're paying for these "burnt" cars outta your pocket btw.. you know of 1 guy who's got 17 under his belt so go and cry to him. weather you wanna accept it or not, its the kids only way out and if he did torch his car, it would have NO effect on your insurance. so you've expressed your feelings.. but whats your reasoning? btw ignorant is a strong word in which by reading the last few posts only you've displayed...

ig·no·rant /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

on edit: my insurance went down $8 dollars a month this january and I've had it for 3 years... I'm 23 and I have 3 suspensions from 2000-2002. you can't possibly tell me that in three years I've had MY insurance that there weren't any "frauds" because there have been so why hasn't my rate gone up? hhhmmmmmmmmm [Roll Eyes]

[ January 12, 2007, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: COPFITY ]

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
Ok, I have been in this type of situation before. First off, only repo if you plan on filing for Bankruptcy. Otherwise, the repo will affect your credit for many years to come. If you do let them repo, remove all of the parts you want back. If you file for bankruptcy, they can't come after you for parts that you took off your car. I had two repos, but was already in the process of filing for bankruptcy. It has been about a year and a half and already have purchased a new house, and financed a car.
The best solution is to try and make the monthly. Get a rich girlfriend or something to help pay your other bills. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the Bankruptcy laws have changed since I filed so look into that as well. Good Luck.

--------------------
Better to burp and taste it then to fart and waste it!!!

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find somebody that is willing to take over payments from you. Draw up a contract and have them sign it. You are still on the hook for the car but you may find someone that has a good job but bad credit and wants the car. Its better than fraud or a repo. Just my thought [Smile]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you really think youre the only brain savy MOFO on these boards? I know 1 guy personaly who has burned 17 cars. Do the math on the pay outs and you think the insurance company is making big? You must be a moron thinking your "crew" is the only one burning cars. Point the finger at the insurance company who is paying 40k for a expedition that got burned and you think they are big ballin? Invest! INVEST all your money in car insurance and sell your business if insurance is big ballin. By the way, yes Im pissed . yes Im pissed at you ghetto mother fuckin insurance fraud bitches. If you need to rob a MOFO do it with a pistol at an atm not through my insurance. BITCH!
Damn I just read this. I am hoping this anger was just in general and not directed at me. As I never said anything to excite you. Okay you say you know one cat that made 17 big payadays. Well think of the thousands who go years without a accident or doont get paydays because the other driver has to pay or whatever. There is more than one scenario. The money is setup as a revolving door. I was only giving my insight as I had to research this thoroughly for an economics class. Now I am not saying I am the end all of the subject. But I did look into it. Not just listen to what was fed to me by bill makers and politicians. So calm down man, and lay off the coffee or whatever you had. If dude inurances out his car you wont have to go get a second mortgage to make ends meet. It just dont work like that.

And DAG302 has a valid option. But like I said me personally, I'd insurance it rather than ruin my credit. As a last ditch effort.

[ January 12, 2007, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you are in a pretty tough situation. I definitely wouldn't do anything to fuck up your credit or anything illegal. The problem you are trying to solve now will become much worse when you try and apply for a loan later and get charged butt rape interest rates. If you do something illegal and get caught it won't be good. Here are some ideas.

Option A: Sell the car for what you can get and then pay the balance of the loan off yourself. You will still owe money but your payments will be way down so it will help your immediate situation. Buy a beater to drive around. This will drop your insurance rates and you won't have to take out a big loan again.

Option B: Cancel or reduce your insurance coverage and put the extra money towards paying off your loan sooner. See if you can get a beater or something else less expensive to insure and drive around.

Option C: Try and get another loan that lowers your payments.

Good luck [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea, theres alot of options, just take the insurance off for now bro and pay the car's monthly due's. whatever you do dont let them repo.Good luck bro.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

modular
¯
Member # 6599

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Damn I just read this. I am hoping this anger was just in general and not directed at me. As I never said anything to excite you. Okay you say you know one cat that made 17 big payadays. Well think of the thousands who go years without a accident or doont get paydays because the other driver has to pay or whatever. There is more than one scenario. The money is setup as a revolving door. I was only giving my insight as I had to research this thoroughly for an economics class. Now I am not saying I am the end all of the subject. But I did look into it. Not just listen to what was fed to me by bill makers and politicians. So calm down man, and lay off the coffee or whatever you had. If dude inurances out his car you wont have to go get a second mortgage to make ends meet. It just dont work like that.

And DAG302 has a valid option. But like I said me personally, I'd insurance it rather than ruin my credit. As a last ditch effort.

--------------------

modular
¯
Member # 6599

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would never direct this towards you, I wouldnt want you to "gangster up" on me and have to kill me over your internet image. LOL [worship]

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie306:
yea, theres alot of options, just take the insurance off for now bro and pay the car's monthly due's. whatever you do dont let them repo.Good luck bro.

The finance company will be notified if there isnt insurance on the vehicle. They will add insurance for you and just add it to the payment. Trust me, they do find out and dont shop around for a good deal on insurance. We had it happen when we changed insurance, the new company didnt send them the notice so they thought we didnt have any. The next car payment was $250 higher than the last. We gave them proof and got the situation fixed but if you try and go without they will find out quick.... then your in a worse situation.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com