Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » alteredspeed ripped me off! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: alteredspeed ripped me off!
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
altered speed fucked up my 2006 gt....

the list of things that they fucked up:

1. bottom pulley not installed properly. leaking oil. cause not known yet.

2. exhaust not installed properly. header bolts to x-pipes stripped. x-pipes hitting tranny mount.

3. tuning was not all that. check engine light was on. had to take it elsewhere to get re-tuned.

4. nitrous tank not mounted properly.

5. purge hose fell off.

6. sold me a blue bottle guage that does not work with my zex bottle. it leaked so i chucked it.
[BS flag] altered speed sucks !!
things done properly:

1.ring and pinion installed
2.cold air
3.throttle body spacer.
4.short throw shifter.
5.nitrous
6.upper pulley. [patriot]

[ December 19, 2006, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: morespeed ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully this one doesn't get as long and drawn out as the last...

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope you tried to resolve these issues with alterspeed before posting that rant like that... Sucks that all that happened though.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, calm down. CAFords doesn't need another, "OMG I HATE THIS SPEED SHOP! FUCK JOO GUYZ!!!111one!" thread. Have you even confronted them about this? Via, phone, PM, email, IN PERSON? Also, if you wanted to create a thread about a speed shop, whether it be constructive or degrading. You could have came at this, in a different manner. *cough*maturely*cough cough*

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let him make all the posts he wants. It's called the 1st amendment..
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Funny as i just saw a silver 03/04 Cobra in Fremont that had a Cobra R spoiler with an Alterdspeed sticker on the back bumper.

Lic. plate read "WILBYTU"

[ December 19, 2006, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by morespeed:
altered speed fucked up my 2006 gt....

the list of things that they fucked up:

1. bottom pulley not installed properly. leaking oil. cause not known yet.

2. exhaust not installed properly. header bolts to x-pipes stripped. x-pipes hitting tranny mount.

3. tuning was not all that. check engine light was on. had to take it elsewhere to get re-tuned.

[BS flag] altered speed sucks !!

they probably didn't use rtv on the keyway of the crank pulley.

[ December 19, 2006, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Motorhead6T5 ]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

It's called giving a small business an opportunity to make things right before slandering them.

Many of these small independent businesses are built up from someone's blood, sweat, and life-savings. The least a customer can do is to give the opportinity for that business to make things right.

Small local businesses live and die off word of mouth. It's my belief that we have a responsibility as consumers to allow them to fix their mistakes before blowing the whistle.

[patriot]

[ December 19, 2006, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

It's called giving a small business an opportunity to make things right before slandering them.

Many of these small independent businesses are built up from someone's blood, sweat, and life-savings. The least a customer can do is to give the opportinity for that business to make things right.

Small local businesses live and die off word of mouth. It's my belief that we have a responsibility as consumers to allow them to fix their mistakes before blowing the whistle.

[patriot]

Totally agree with you Luke, I really hope the owners of that particular shop were given an opportunity to rectify the situation before this post was made.
Just recently, a similar post showed up on SVTperf. one guy posted “so and so ripped me off”, He said he had been sold and intake with a hole n it. After some indagation, it was concluded that the guy posting had never tried contacting the seller, who was oblivious about the mishap. Hopefully that’s not the case here.

--------------------
=(

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats the #1 reason I install all my own stuff... if I dont have the tools/time, I'll call JohnB.

Hopefully you can contact them and talk to a manager to get it straightened out asap. Personally, I would have inspected as much as I could before driving off with the car.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you confront them about it? I bought the Apex seats a while back (I'm not trying to open a can of worms here) and they were absolute trash after less than half a year. I had problem after problem with them, and when I spoke to Mike about them, he was willing to give me a deal on some corbeaus.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Only takes 1 mess up to drive a ton of business away.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been driving this car for a couple months. I just noticed the oil leak about 2 weeks ago.
I had manys problems with the check engine light never getting shut off properly.
the owners are impossible to get a hold of. I no longer want to deal with these guys. Their customer relations suck. They showed up at 10am-1pm. Or whenever they felt like it.
I'm just pissed off. I spent like 3,000 dollars.
I expected more.

I relize racing your shit puts wear and tear on the car. I now need a clutch do to my driving habits....

---but when I take the car to another mechanic and the new mechanic tells me that the last guy used an impact gun and stripped the bolts on the brand headers trying to remove the tranny for a simple clutch job.

WHATEVER ...I'll get back to this later.

racing costs money. trust only people to work on your car that have 5 or more good references.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i told you about this like 2 months ago, you have the bottle brackets bolted to a piece of wooden board. [Eek!]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

the owners are impossible to get a hold of. I no longer want to deal with these guys. Their customer relations suck.
I relize racing your shit puts wear and tear on the car. I now need a clutch do to my driving habits....

so I guess to haven't talked to the owners.
DEMENTED GENERAL
¯
Member # 7093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEMENTED GENERAL  Ford pictures for DEMENTED GENERAL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
waz up derik you forgot one thing the purge tube flu off remember [Mad] wat a shop [Mad]

--------------------
**DEMENTED RACING GENERAL 650 **

Posts: 10 | From: San mateo, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
..it was a rant.

whatever...fuk it..

And no, I have not talked to altered speed in the last month because..it was too hard to get in touch with them last time. [Confused]

I thought the shop went out of business anyway.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, to stand up in John's defense, since he dosen't get on the forums. He can't do anything for you without you going and talking to him. The reason he is hard to get a hold of, is becuase as you know he was running his business in a partnership, with another person (who we will keep nameless for this conversation), and this person has been removed from Alteredspeed for reasons again I will leave off the board, but I will say they were major, and very warranted. I know for a fact, that this said person was the main installer on your vehicle too. His lack of quality and desire for quanity is NOT the business style that John follows. If there was a issue of past labor, I strongly urge you to bring it up with John direct, and stay off the forums bashing. Good people, with hard working businesses don't deserve bad reps for stuff they can't make right.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Funny as i just saw a silver 03/04 Cobra in Fremont that had a Cobra R spoiler with an Alterdspeed sticker on the back bumper.

I heard that car can corner pretty well too.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:

[Cool]

Tried to catch up to him to chat but there was tons of traffic and i was in my beater Celica [Razz]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A persons experience is their experience. And I would hop emore people would do what this person has done expose it. I am not sure who John is but it sounds like John knows the other person was shady. So first thing I would do is contact customers that this dude worked on their cars and do customer satisfaction calls. You ask for trouble when you sit and wait for customers to come to you. If you anticpate their can be an issue you reach out. I personally dont blame this person. Especially if attempts were made to contact them. I am one of those hard working small business owners, so I am not saying who is right or wrong just sharing my opinion on how I would handle it from my perspective.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
A persons experience is their experience. And I would hop emore people would do what this person has done expose it. I am not sure who John is but it sounds like John knows the other person was shady. So first thing I would do is contact customers that this dude worked on their cars and do customer satisfaction calls. You ask for trouble when you sit and wait for customers to come to you. If you anticpate their can be an issue you reach out. I personally dont blame this person. Especially if attempts were made to contact them. I am one of those hard working small business owners, so I am not saying who is right or wrong just sharing my opinion on how I would handle it from my perspective.

Very surprised to hear this from a small business owner.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kinda off topic but

My mom is a small business owner and makes consumer follow up calls all the time. Only on larger orders where the customer put out a significant amount of money. $3000 would be an automatic follow up call. Not saying this practice should be all small business owners way of doing things but she's found that it brings those customers back and she has found faults in service or product when making some of these calls and was able to rectify any problems.

Regarding A/S, I've been to A/S only one time and was treated well.

Good luck [patriot]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

Very surprised to hear this from a small business owner.
Not sure why, but (I digress a bit here) I attend a few big conferences a year for small biz owners in my field. And you would be surprised at how much small businesses in a completely different field affect small business across the board. And by bringing more things to light(client side) seems to only affect that company but in the grand scheme it actually affects (in relation) all small businesses and the general view of small businesses. Once a person is jerked around by a small biz, they tend to hold onto that experience and think of all small businesses as "fly by night" and "shady". But when small biz are held accountable and made to crrect their mistakes it improves the experience of small biz some what. I like Jeremey's mother keep contact with my clients. So I hear the good and the bad, and they appreciate the fact I checked on them. Instead of letting them marinate in their anger (which sounded like what happened here). Thus improving my image and the general view of small business. I have since made the jump to a medium sized company so I am dealing with a different demographic, but the principal is still the same. Take care of your clients (apply where necessary).

Sorry seems like I gave more than .02, just sharing my experience and I hope things work out for both parties in this matter.

[ December 20, 2006, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:

Short and sweet, guy was removed from the company for other reasons then quality of his work. The guy had a past resume' of shops he worked at that included many high end businesses, so initally, his quality of work, or work ethics never came into question. He was removed for other reasons, and John (the owner of A.S.) is in and out of the shop often due to pending legal actions with said person. Understand he has a business to run yes, but he also has to finish removing the bad seed, so he can rebuild his company and start over. I can say there are very big plans for the very near future with that company as well as another one. Like I said, be patient, John will try to do what is right.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:

[Cool]

Tried to catch up to him to chat but there was tons of traffic and i was in my beater Celica [Razz]

Well he is getting old, so he might be slow. J/K. If you run into him, tell him I said hi.

This is what it normally looks like. This splitter is off for winter.

-

He was also Mr. September in the '06 Cafords calender.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com