Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lost post counts - now recoverable (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lost post counts - now recoverable
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good news peoples, we figured out how to restore lost posts. Do to previous server crashes, many memebers lost their post count. We finally figured out how to modify post counts.

Here is a rough guess of how many posts these people have lost:

1Sicgt - 3000
NavidR - 100
two-gun kid - 2500
03SVTPower - 1500
1968_Fastback - 2200
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX' - 1500

reply here or email feedback@Cafords.com if you're name should be on this list. We'll need your member number and your best guess of the month/year your posts were lost.

This also means that if someone is post whoring, we may give them half a million posts just to render their post whoring useless. What does everyone think ?

[ November 16, 2006, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: 9COBRA8 ]

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should just do away with post counts all together or start everybody back at zero. [Smile]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

9COBRA8
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, another idea worth considering is removing the post count on the bottom of every persons post and only having it displayed when the  - link is clicked. Post whoring has been a non issue lately though. As you've all notice, over the past year we really cleaned up the website well.
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
Yes, another idea worth considering is removing the post count on the bottom of every persons post and only having it displayed when the  - link is clicked. Post whoring has been a non issue lately though. As you've all notice, over the past year we really cleaned up the website well.

you have i noticed and this site is the BOMB keep up the good work hope others will agree and give you the props yall deserve for running this site i'm out thanks

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

IMO opinion kept the post count because it shows how much the person really is a part of the cafords community. Also yes the site really has been cleaned up of the garbage,, but there are still a couple of raider fans still lurking in the shadows. [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with having to look at a members profile to see their post count, and also I think it would be a good idea to require people to put their actual location.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] Cafords!
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
I agree with having to look at a members profile to see their post count, and also I think it would be a good idea to require people to put their actual location.

i don't know about actual location. Some people rather keep their residence secret for the safety of their cars. However, i do agree with getting rid of post counts all together or moving them elsewhere.
The only thing that should count is the Member number. [patriot]
If you guys decide to restore post numbers i lost about 1000+ posts a long time ago when the server first crashed.. i think i went from 1000 or so to 300 [Frown] But i don't care either way.
good luck and thanks for keeping the integrity of the site intact. [Whoo Whooooo!]

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I think at least the county or something should be required, "ur mama house, yay area" etc are just too stupid.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well I think at least the county or something should be required, "ur mama house, yay area" etc are just too stupid.

How does that affect anyone though?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

i don't know about actual location. Some people rather keep their residence secret for the safety of their cars. However, i do agree with getting rid of post counts all together or moving them elsewhere.
If you guys decide to restore post numbers i lost about 1000+ posts a long time ago when the server first crashed.. i think i went from 1000 or so to 300 [Frown] But i don't care either way.
good luck and thanks for keeping the integrity of the site intact. [Whoo Whooooo!]

[patriot]

Lets lose the post count and incorporate a buyer/seller feedback rating, tally, or something. [patriot]

CA FORDS [worship]

[ November 16, 2006, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

ahahahahaha, i guess we struck someone's nerve with a little taste of the truth! LMAO

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

How does that affect anyone though?
might as well get rid of the option then, its actually helpful to the few people that buy and sell on here, not just talk about and start stupid crap!

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

Lets lose the post count and incorporate a buyer/seller feedback rating, tally, or something. [patriot]

CA FORDS [worship]

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

ahahahahaha, i guess we struck someone's nerve with a little taste of the truth! LMAO
I just fixed my location [Razz] [Big Grin] [dance]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

I just fixed my location [Razz] [Big Grin] [dance]
I just fixed mines too! LMAO! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know about a feedback thingy some people on here are difficult to deal with and veryyyyyyyy picky , i jus like the post count and if u have a real problem with someone post it up and jus let people know so u get both sides of it
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lost 4000+ [Frown]

[ November 16, 2006, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
9COBRA8
Member # 6

Keep the suggestions coming guys. They don't even have to be about post counts. You can always reply just the site in general. Feedback is always welcomed. There is also a "Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords" link on the bottom of every single page here.

If you've noticed, when you make a post now you can click the  - icon on your posts and upload or view pictures your album. Pictures are automatically resized for you. If anyone wants to make a better watermark logo for the bottom of each picture, drop us a line. More changes and improvements with the album coming soon.

The FAQ (Frequenlty Asked Questions) has been cleaned up. It has useful information, but is still in unfinished form http://www.californiafords.com/faq/

If anyone is proficient in the perl programming language and would like to help cafords, please email feedback@cafords.com

There will also be tons of vintage cafords video clips making it online. A lot of unreleased footage from sacramento raceway and our cruises and car shows.
Is there anyone here that does not use a windows laptop to post on cafords? Mac, Linux and Unix cafords users reply here or email feedback.

[ November 16, 2006, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: 9COBRA8 ]

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i never got the reason why post counts matter. I usually only chime in if something interests me...as you can see my member number is very very old. Some might consider me an OG.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
9COBRA8
Member # 6

quote:

If you guys decide to restore post numbers i lost about 1000+ posts a long time ago when the server first crashed.. i think i went from 1000 or so to 300 [Frown]

Fixed. As for the other people, we need the number of posts lost as well as the month and year they were lost.

Right know we're leaning towards leaving the post cound displayed, but if someone starts to post whore, they'll be given about 100,000 posts to make their efforts seem useless.

Is a feedback system in ford sale really needed? Due to the local nature of the website, if a shady deal goes down, there is a post made about it here and the persons reputation is tarnished. This isn't like craigslist or ebay where anonymous people which could live far apart are scamming eachother. The amount of shady deals we hear about is maybe 3 a year tops.

Thank you for the compliments about removing the trash from cafords. At least half of it was taking suggestions you guys gave us or work you guys did to help take out the trash.

[ November 16, 2006, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: 9COBRA8 ]

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

If you guys decide to restore post numbers i lost about 1000+ posts a long time ago when the server first crashed.. i think i went from 1000 or so to 300 [Frown]

Fixed. As for the other people, we need the number of posts lost as well as the month and year they were lost.

Right know we're leaning towards leaving the post cound displayed, but if someone starts to post whore, they'll be given about 100,000 posts to make their efforts seem useless.

Is a feedback system in ford sale really needed? Due to the local nature of the website, if a shady deal goes down, there is a post made about it here and the persons reputation is tarnished. This isn't like craigslist or ebay where anonymous people which could live far apart are scamming eachother. The amount of shady deals we hear about is maybe 3 a year tops.

Thank you for the compliments about removing the trash from cafords. At least half of it was taking suggestions you guys gave us or work you guys did to help take out the trash.

helps, since a lot of new members are signing up daily. its hard to know who is a good buyer/seller or a bad one. also i think its good for the people that arent in that circle of friends(the regulars, you know who you are) so they know who is who and would let them know if that seller/buyer is trust worthy and know that they can do bussiness with that member.

hey did you ever recieve my email? i forwarded it to all three email address'.

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

CA FORDS [worship]

[patriot]
That is a Great Idea! I say give the man 100 posts for that one! [Razz]
It would be a good way let you know who is a flake and who is a bad seller.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

CA FORDS [worship]

[patriot]

ive been saying to add this for a long ass time now.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

CA FORDS [worship]

[patriot]

ive been saying to add this for a long ass time now.
Ok... and other people have been saying it for even longer..

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com