Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fine.. i'll pay someone to...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fine.. i'll pay someone to...
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i got a lynksys broadband router a couple of days ago.. the thing works fine but my connection is unsecure..
I was never able to make it secure even after following the advice of these board.
I watch live tv from peru every weekend over the internet. i don't ever miss political shows and news programs on sunday nights.. well today.. the stupid linksys system kept on streaming only 5 seconds of it at the time.
I unpluged it and went back to my cable moden(comcast) and now i can't even sign go online.
I'm tired.
is anyone, who knows what they are doing ofcourse, willing to come to my house and i'll pay them to get this thing back to normal?
I wanna forget about wireless now and simply go back to my old way and just forget about it.
Thanks.
---------end rant.
Please pm me.

--------------------
=(

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ever tried calling Linksys Customer service?

My D-link wireless 625 router sucks too..

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try this page here. It should help!

Click Here

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG. this is so unexpected.. Two gun kid is ACTUALLY helping me and getting it to work. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
OMG. this is so unexpected.. Two gun kid is ACTUALLY helping me and getting it to work. [patriot]

[Razz]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
so i got a lynksys broadband router a couple of days ago.. the thing works fine but my connection is unsecure..
I was never able to make it secure even after following the advice of these board.
I watch live tv from peru every weekend over the internet. i don't ever miss political shows and news programs on sunday nights.. well today.. the stupid linksys system kept on streaming only 5 seconds of it at the time.
I unpluged it and went back to my cable moden(comcast) and now i can't even sign go online.
I'm tired.
is anyone, who knows what they are doing ofcourse, willing to come to my house and i'll pay them to get this thing back to normal?
I wanna forget about wireless now and simply go back to my old way and just forget about it.
Thanks.
---------end rant.
Please pm me.

well connected directly to your modem and it now doesnt work? sounds like u may have a connectivity issue with comcast?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
I'm tired.
Thanks.
---------end rant.
Please pm me.

well connected directly to your modem and it now doesnt work? sounds like u may have a connectivity issue with comcast?
yes. that's exactly what i did. i went back.. took everythign apart and connected the ethernet cable from the comcast moden to the back of the laptop(the way it's always been prior to me trying to get wireless access) and it won't work.....

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

-

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make sure you're using the same cable as before too... I don't think the cable that went from the cable modem to the wireless router will work. It needs to be a straight through ethernet cable.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

i'm taking the white ethernet cable and unpluging it from the router and putting it back to the ethernet port on my laptop..
As soon as i do that.. i try to sign back on.. but it won't let me..

--------------------
=(

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u may want to check with comcast to see if there is an issue with the line. have u tried resetting the cable modem? u do have the ethernet from the cable modem connected directly to your laptop now?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do the steps to check your local lan connection status with your white ethernet cable attached to your laptop and see it is says you have a connection. If it does, then go through the steps on the command prompt and type in ipconfig again. The type the following:

ping xx.xx.xx.xxx

substitute the Xs for what ever numbers are listed as your default gateway ip address. You should get a reply back from what every ip address you typed in. It shouldn't say request timed out.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
u may want to check with comcast to see if there is an issue with the line. have u tried resetting the cable modem? u do have the ethernet from the cable modem connected directly to your laptop now?

yes. i have reset the cable moden several times.

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Do the steps to check your local lan connection status with your white ethernet cable attached to your laptop and see it is says you have a connection. If it does, then go through the steps on the command prompt and type in ipconfig again. The type the following:

ping xx.xx.xx.xxx

substitute the Xs for what ever numbers are listed as your default gateway ip address. You should get a reply back from what every ip address you typed in. It shouldn't say request timed out.

ok.. this is what i did.
I connected the whtie ethernet to the back of the laptop. i lost the connecttion. i entered ipconfig.. and the ip and everythgin came back as 00.00.0..00.0 etc etc.
I went and disabled the wireless netword connections and run ip config again... This is what came out. =192.168.1.100
I typed "ping 192.168.1.100" and i forgot what it said, but came out as 4 or of four sent, none was lost etc etc..
.. i tried connecting again and it would not work..
So i'm wireless again.

--------------------
=(

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

ping xx.xx.xx.xxx

ok.. this is what i did.
I connected the whtie ethernet to the back of the laptop. i lost the connecttion. i entered ipconfig.. and the ip and everythgin came back as 00.00.0..00.0 etc etc.
I went and disabled the wireless netword connections and run ip config again... This is what came out. =192.168.1.100
I typed "ping 192.168.1.100" and i forgot what it said, but came out as 4 or of four sent, none was lost etc etc..
.. i tried connecting again and it would not work..
So i'm wireless again.

Do the same ipconfig thing while you on the wireless connection...does it come out with the same IP information:

and your gateway as 192.168.1.1

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Ever tried calling Linksys Customer service?

ditto [Wink]

i had issues with mine so I called the tech line and mins later everything was tight.

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So are you trying to get the wireless to work again or going back to plugging in directly to the modem? Sorry a little confuse. two things to check. make sure your ip is set to auto instead of static the second is to release and renew through the command prompt. Let me know if you need me to be more detailed

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

at this point it seems that going back to the old ways (meaning forgeting about wireless is out of the question.) cause i can't get the thing to work.
I haven't called them yet.
The people that know me can attest that I'm the type of person that loves helping people but hates having to ask for help.
I gave in and asked you guys first. and thanks to all that took the time to answer my questions.. but i guess it's time to call linksys and see what they say.. i really didn't want to but here i go. =(

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
So are you trying to get the wireless to work again or going back to plugging in directly to the modem? Sorry a little confuse. two things to check. make sure your ip is set to auto instead of static the second is to release and renew through the command prompt. Let me know if you need me to be more detailed

sorry.. i can't put coherent sentences together when i'm frustrated and mad.
my wireless set up was functioning fine, but was unsecured. i tried just forgetting about wireless and going back to plugging it directly from my cable modem to the laptop and that's where i started having issues.

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
at this point it seems that going back to the old ways (meaning forgeting about wireless is out of the question.) cause i can't get the thing to work.
The people that know me can attest that I'm the type of person that loves helping people but hates having to ask for help.
I gave in and asked you guys first. and thanks to all that took the time to answer my questions.. but i guess it's time to call linksys and see what they say.. i really didn't want to but here i go. =(

im not calling them, your a big boy now.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

im not calling them, your a big boy now.
[Razz] come on javier.. i'm calling now.. i'll post one last update before i go to sleep

--------------------
=(

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to get your comcast connection working before you go on with anything else.if you cant do it call comcast and theyll go thru it with you.once that works then call lynksys to get the wireless part going,they are VERY helpful and will get the security part working for you as well.
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

it's working now.
My connection is secured.. [dance]
Thanks guys. [dance]
My firmware was outdated.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
=(

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just a thought but comcast will provide you with a free wireless router as long as you keep service.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com