Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » which would be cheaper? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: which would be cheaper?
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so im probably selling the GT within a couple weeks. HOPEFULLY! got a interested neighbor!!

anyways,

i was thinking...

gettin a 1996 Moonlight Blue GT
ported non-pi heads (have an extra set of heads)
pi cams
pi intake w/ alum. crossover
BBK Short Headers
Off Road H Pipe (most likely used)
Custom Catback (from my local muffler shop)
373 Gears (from someone off the board [Big Grin] )
Vortech S-trim (used)
injectors, etc. (to support sc)

or...

1994-95 Mustang GT
BUILT MOTOR (preferably 306 HCI'd)
4.10 gears
lowering springs w/ shocks
uca & lca's

which would be cheaper??

i found a 96 GT moonlight blue for $6900...might even get it down to $6000

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
moonlight blue gt.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
moonlight blue gt.

yea i want it more than the 94/95. hopefully its still there by the time i get the $$ for it. or maybe another one will pop up [Big Grin]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't want a 4.6, just my two cents, I'd take the 5.0, shit they look the same minus the taillights.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
I wouldn't want a 4.6, just my two cents, I'd take the 5.0, shit they look the same minus the taillights.

thats what i was thinkin..i like the 5.0 motor because cheaper parts, and MUCH easier to work on....

but i LOVE the moonlight blue color.

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
quote:

thats what i was thinkin..i like the 5.0 motor because cheaper parts, and MUCH easier to work on....

then paint it moon light blu and there u go [Razz]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
quote:

then paint it moon light blu and there u go [Razz]
yea but wouldnt the 4.6 be cheaper?? than building the 5.0?

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recall just reading an artical about how hard it is to get a non-PI 4.6 motor to 300hp NA, build a 5.0 if your on a budget, plus 4.6's have no torque compared to a 5.0.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
I recall just reading an artical about how hard it is to get a non-PI 4.6 motor to 300hp NA, build a 5.0 if your on a budget, plus 4.6's have no torque compared to a 5.0.

ehhhh....i dont know. when the time comes i will know. i like the sound of a 5.0..more MUSCLE sounding than a 4.6...we'll see. if i do get a 94/95 it will be black. cause they dont sell the 94/95 in moonlight blue [Frown]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Black is such a tough color to keep clean, it shows all dings and scratches, it looks pretty when it's clean though, I'd stay away from a used black car.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Black is such a tough color to keep clean, it shows all dings and scratches, it looks pretty when it's clean though, I'd stay away from a used black car.

I'd say get blk so it will be easier to do the moonlight paint scheme on it without doing the engine bay. just a thought

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need a hatch back civic with a bologna tip on the muffler!! [burnout]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PushRod power [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say if your going to get a 4.6 then get a DOHC model. much more power stock and a better base for improvement. Compared to the build i did on my 5.0 the 4.6 is more expensive. but you have to drop some money into a 5.0 to get it where my cobra is stock

[ October 23, 2006, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Took the words right out of my mouth. If you put a supercharger on a 4.6 your going to Blow the motor up (even with a safe tune the motor is going to GO sooner or later), and when that happens its going to be expensive. Trust me I have a built 4.6 and it cost me an ARM and a LEG, if I had to do it all over again I would get a 5.0 and build it. MODULAR MOTORS SUCK, unless you buy an 03 cobra or have lots of money to build it I would stay AWAY!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think your crazy to get rid of a 00GT for a 96.

At least with the 94-95 you get the 5 liter.

I'd keep the 00GT or get a clean fox.

(as you can tell, 94-98 does not float my boat [Smile] )

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

SOOOO many decisions! lol [Razz]

maybe...ill get a fox in OKAY condition, build from there...paint it MOONLIGHT BLUE [Wink]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both bone stock, the 94/95 is faster. Never owned a 4.6, but I agree with Navid. I definitely want an 03/04 cobra.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seems like you like the 4.6's. Just save and get an 03 cobra. whole different ballgame
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:

What he said! Glenn you big ass homo!

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94/95

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by 87GeeTee:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:

What he said! Glenn you big ass homo!
ahh my fellow sh!t talkers [Razz]

yes yes the bologna tip on teh hatchback would be teh win! BUT..

i just got a second job working construction and carpentry....(sp?) with a friend who is a contractor...hes starting me at a damn good pay..but i will also be keeping my job at the Orchard Supply Distribution Center just for extra $$ [Big Grin]

so im thinkin of holding back on a car (unless mine does sell quick!) and get a house first...THEN...lookin for an 03/04 cobra [Cool]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
COBRA

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd never buy a 96-98 4.6 GT. Go with the 5.0 or get another 99+ 4.6

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

quote:
Originally posted by Floored:
I'd never buy a 96-98 4.6 GT. Go with the 5.0 or get another 99+ 4.6

yea true....i jus really like the 96-98 styling. but if i do go with another 99+ its for sure a cobra.

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com