Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: PS3
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm broke this time [Frown] . I can't join the fun/hype this time, like I did with the 360 when it first came out. I've spent way too much this riding season for my bike and Christmas is around the corner.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya we already have one reserved and paid for. Helps when wife is a store manager.

Cool part is that its does the Hi-def DVD's. Comparing to the cost of the true HDDVD players this thing is a great buy.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:

Cool part is that its does the Hi-def DVD's. Comparing to the cost of the true HDDVD players this thing is a great buy.

It wont play HD DVD's, only Blu-Ray discs.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

Same thing. Its another version of the HDDVD's.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same thing. Its another version of the HDDVD's.
I know its another version but not the same.... just hate to see someone pick up HD movies to play in it before hand. I have a friend thats buying Blu-Ray discs off ebay right now before the system and prices start going up.

--------------------

Abandon him.

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother has a 360, i didnt really like it. The controllers are huge and it made me feel dirty cuz microsoft made it. Im savin up for a ps3 [Razz]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
From what they said on Attack of the Show yesterday, Ebay will be restricting the PS3 auctions. Sure for the people that want to make some money that sucks, but for the parents that just want to buy a gift for their kids, it keeps it a little more fair to the average buyer.

Personally, I'm gonna get a Wii the day it comes out and wait on the PS3 till the insanity dies down. I'm very happy with my 360 and enjoy it alot.

Did you see some of the auctions for the 360 on ebay when they came out? There were people listing auctions for empty boxes but made it look like the system was included. I also saw people listing links to where you can get systems but made you think that you got the system when you didnt. I think its good that ebay would try and limit people getting ripped off. I'm sure that if you have a PS3 in hand and want to sell it they would be happy to let you.... after all, thats how they make money. Its great that ebay is going to step up and try to clean up scammers listings. [patriot]
It was crazy! I'm sure its only going to be 100000x's worse with the PS3...

I got pretty lucky when I got mine. I was in MS and was told by the game store manager that no one at his store paid in full... he offered me one if I paid in full... well come release day, no dice. He claimed he didnt know what I was talkign about, even tho I had a witness!

I ended up going on ebay and just hunting around alot... trolling auctions basically. I ended up getting a package deal, paying only $40 over retail for all the stuff I got. The seller even overnighted it to me... so I figure I got a pretty fair deal.

If I get antsy, maybe I'll keep checking at Costco... they had alot of the 360's. The overall problem is that Sony just doesnt have enough units.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
ps3 plays blueray disks and those blueray players alone are around $1000 or more. Much better then hd-dvd format.

Much better than HD-DVD? Not at playing movies pick up any home theater magazine and you read that HD-DVD video quality is superior than BluRay.

Sound and Vision - "looked fairly clean overall, but the level of picture sharpness and clarity I've come to expect after watching HD DVD just wasn't there."

Engadget - "HD DVD fanboys have something to celebrate as they walked away from this first scuffle without so much as a bloody nose"

CNET - "Blu-Ray movies, video quality that's impressive but still not as good as its HD-DVD competition"

And the list goes on and on....

[ October 19, 2006, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just as a heads up people were already selling there pre sales on EBay and they where going for 1500. All preorders where bought out on the 10 of october. Game Stop and EB. Best buy target and k mart are not accepting preorders. Best but is to try toys R us and see if you can preorder threw them.

Only 400,000 untis were released for the us. That means about 8000 per state.

Wish you luck on getting one before X-Mas

P.S. The reason you wont find these on EBAY right now.

Alot of theft occured during the 360 release last year before x-mas. Ebay's new stipulation is you have to have the item in hand to be able to sell it. Ebay also knows that realease officially is 11-19. I belive the rule goes if you will not have the merchendise within 30 days of the orginal posting they will remove your add. So expect adds to start going up early to late november.

Eric

[ October 19, 2006, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: GOT 50 ]

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the 360 also plays hi def, and will be able to paly 1080p with the new add on that is comming out. Personally I like xbox 360, hardly any loading times and good game development. Almost all the hardcore game developers make games for boths systems.

shitty is the ps3 games are rumored at $99 bucks each

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think i'll stick with my PS2, no sense wasting money on something i hardly play anyway.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For you gamers with a 360... pick up the new Splinter Cell: Double Agent... FUN! [Big Grin]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
For you gamers with a 360... pick up the new Splinter Cell: Double Agent... FUN! [Big Grin]

Got it lastnight... [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
quote:

Getting it this Friday along with Marvel Ultimate alliance. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
JEs50
¯
Member # 5383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEs50  Ford pictures for JEs50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might be able to get an extra PS3 or Wii if anyone is interested. Probably a week with in the release date.
925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JEs50:
I might be able to get an extra PS3 or Wii if anyone is interested. Probably a week with in the release date.

lmk my buddy might be looking for a wii.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by JEs50:

I'm interested. I might try and camp to get one but sounds like I might be out of luck. let me know.

--------------------

Abandon him.

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
quote:

I know you have seen this game... [worship] RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

--------------------
KB '01 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
quote:

I know you have seen this game... [worship] RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS
oh yes [worship] . I've played it. My friend is telling me I should get this instead of splinter cell. Hmmm. I love the away the characters look in gears of war. I can't decide now. [Confused]

--------------------
91 GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Get both

--------------------
KB '01 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Get both

So I went to EB today, and thought Marvel Alliance was going to be out, but it doesn't come out till Tues, but I did get Splinter Cell: Double Agent and it is probably the best game Ive played for 360. I love creeping on people and sanpping ther necks, LOL [Eek!] [worship] [dance] [Big Grin] . I did put Gears of War on hold and Superman Returns on hold as well. Don't know if I'll betting Marvel Alliance anymore as I'll probably have my hands full with this game.

[ October 21, 2006, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

I have Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, and Rainbow Six Vegas on hold at the moment.

[ October 21, 2006, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com