Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: PS3
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decided that I want a Sony PS3 today.... I dont really need one, just want one and at this point I have a month to save up to get it. I kinda hope that with the crazy prices more people might steer clear of the top end ones. Does anyone know where a good place to preorder one would be, or am I better off just sitting in line the night they release to get one? A couple months after the 360's came out I was in a game store and a worker told me that a lot of their preorders were still waiting for systems. I dont want to preorder and not get one.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are going to pre-order, go to Funkoland in the Coddingtown mall in santa rosa.. They guarentee that your pre order will be recievable the day of release. They dont preorder more then they can get.

[ October 17, 2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: ArchNotch ]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
If you are going to pre-order, go to Funkoland in the Coddingtown mall in santa rosa.. They guarentee that your pre order will be recievable the day of release. They dont preorder more then they can get.

I just called and he said that all the preorders for every store are gone.... they sold out in a few min. He gave me a few other tips on places to check though.

[ October 17, 2006, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think all the pre orders are already sold out? Isnt that thing supposed to be like $600?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm probably going to get one after the madness dies down. My 360 should keep me happy till then. Plus the PS3 games that are coming during launch time aren't that great.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
I think all the pre orders are already sold out? Isnt that thing supposed to be like $600?

Like the 360 they have 2 packages. One is $499 with a 20 gig HD, the other one is $599, has a 60 gig HD, wireless internet and memory card slot. I currently have a PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and N64.... I cant not have this one. [Big Grin]

[ October 17, 2006, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is anyone going to get the Nintendo Wii? It looks pretty cool! [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im gonna get a 360. I have noticed that all Playstations are good for is cleaning air. They collect so much dust.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
Im gonna get a 360. I have noticed that all Playstations are good for is cleaning air. They collect so much dust.

I might be selling my 360 soon to help fund the PS3.

--------------------

Abandon him.

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:

me! i bet the wii will be the underdog

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
quote:

y/ea thats what I'm thinking too. they have alot of ground to make up too. They haven't had a great system since N64 [worship] Super Mario 64 [worship]

--------------------
91 GT

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
quote:

I found these specs on a website. Just like all system before it, the first games wont even begin to push what the system is capable of doing. I cant wait to see how the games look for both the 360 and PS3 in a couple years.... kinda makes me want to hold on to my 360.

How powerful will the PS3 be?
On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution is predicted to be. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise that some of the fastest computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
quote:

I found these specs on a website. Just like all system before it, the first games wont even begin to push what the system is capable of doing. I cant wait to see how the games look for both the 360 and PS3 in a couple years.... kinda makes me want to hold on to my 360.

On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution is predicted to be. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise that some of the fastest computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

you have way to much time on your hands to be counting the gigahairyflops

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lmao seriously I dont know what ne of that means I just want better games that look better [dance] and I just saw a sign coming back from the shoreline the other nite I didnt even know they were coming out with a new one and now im hearing all this about it [Confused]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:

What else do I have to do anyway?

--------------------

Abandon him.

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what they said on Attack of the Show yesterday, Ebay will be restricting the PS3 auctions. Sure for the people that want to make some money that sucks, but for the parents that just want to buy a gift for their kids, it keeps it a little more fair to the average buyer.

Personally, I'm gonna get a Wii the day it comes out and wait on the PS3 till the insanity dies down. I'm very happy with my 360 and enjoy it alot.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
From what they said on Attack of the Show yesterday, Ebay will be restricting the PS3 auctions. Sure for the people that want to make some money that sucks, but for the parents that just want to buy a gift for their kids, it keeps it a little more fair to the average buyer.

Personally, I'm gonna get a Wii the day it comes out and wait on the PS3 till the insanity dies down. I'm very happy with my 360 and enjoy it alot.

Did you see some of the auctions for the 360 on ebay when they came out? There were people listing auctions for empty boxes but made it look like the system was included. I also saw people listing links to where you can get systems but made you think that you got the system when you didnt. I think its good that ebay would try and limit people getting ripped off. I'm sure that if you have a PS3 in hand and want to sell it they would be happy to let you.... after all, thats how they make money. Its great that ebay is going to step up and try to clean up scammers listings. [patriot]

--------------------

Abandon him.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:

Thats exactly what I'm going to do. 360 [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
quote:

I dont think that the nintendo is going to be any easier to get than a PS3 on the release date. I never got a gamecube but have played a few. I like the Nintendo systems but the games tend to me more cartoon like. I like playing Mario Kart but nothing beats Grand Turismo and GTA. I dont want to get a system that only plays kids games and Sony gives you all kinds to play.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I dont think that the nintendo is going to be any easier to get than a PS3 on the release date. I never got a gamecube but have played a few. I like the Nintendo systems but the games tend to me more cartoon like. I like playing Mario Kart but nothing beats Grand Turismo and GTA. I dont want to get a system that only plays kids games and Sony gives you all kinds to play.
You mean you like losing at Mario Kart!!!!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360

So far that isn't holding up. Most of the reviews of PS3 games vs. X360 (same titles) the 360 ones are looking better overall. In any case I can't imagine spending $600 for a game machine!

[ October 17, 2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Not interested. I paid a lot of money for my 50" HDTV and I will be damned if I get a gaming console that can't display at Hi-Def resolutions.

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
You mean you like losing at Mario Kart!!!!

Cheater..... give me the broken controller [Mad]

--------------------

Abandon him.

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone just wait until Halo 3 byatches.
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are are also missing the point that the ps3 plays blueray disks and those blueray players alone are around $1000 or more. Much better then hd-dvd format. Ps3 will be something that will last a while and fix you up with the best games and hd dvd movies for years to come. imo

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com