Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For 68_428_Fastback and ALL. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: For 68_428_Fastback and ALL.
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THESE ARE THE SENATORS WHO VOTED TO GIVE ILLEGAL ALIENS SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS. REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL PARTY, THESE POLITICIANS NEED TO BE DEFEATED IN 2006, 2008 OR 2010 WHENEVER THEY COME UP FOR OFFICE.THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEED TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION. THAT IS UNLESS THEY DO NOT MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS WHEN AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE BEING LEFT OUT.

Grouped by Home State Alabama:

Alaska: Stevens (R-AK), Yea

Arizona: McCain (R-AZ), Yea

Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Yea Pryor (D-AR), Yea

California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea Feinstein (D-CA), Yea

Colorado: Salazar (D-CO), Yea

Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea Lieberman (D-CT), Yea

Delaware: Biden (D-DE), Yea Carper (D-DE), Yea

Florida: Martinez (R-FL), Yea

Georgia:

Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea Inouye (D-HI), Yea

Idaho:

Illinois: Durbin (D-IL), Yea Obama (D-IL), Yea

Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Yea Lugar (R-IN), Yea

Iowa: Harkin (D-IA), Yea

Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Yea

Kentucky:

Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Yea

Maine:

Maryland: Mikulski (D-MD), Yea Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea

Massachusetts: Kennedy (D-MA), Yea Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea Stabenow (D-MI), Yea

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Yea

Nebraska: Hagel (R-NE), Yea

Nevada: Reid (D-NV), Yea

New Hampshire:

New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Menendez (D-NJ), Yea

New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea

New York: Clinton (D-NY), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea

North Carolina:

North Dakota: Dorgan (D-ND), Yea

Ohio: DeWine (R-OH), Yea Voinovich (R-OH), Yea

Oklahoma:

Oregon: Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Pennsylvania: Specter (R-PA), Yea

Rhode Island: Chafee (R-RI), Yea Reed (D-RI),Yea

South Carolina: Graham (R-SC), Yea

South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Yea

Tennessee:

Texas:

Utah:

Vermont: Jeffords (I-VT), Yea Leahy (D-VT), Yea

Virginia:

Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Murray (D-WA),
Yea

West Virginia: Rockefeller (D-WV), Not Voting

Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea Kohl (D-WI), Yea

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good info. [patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you find out if their opponents are against this or are they also for this? That would be good ifo too.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMO social security is gargbage. make your own retirement plan. 401k etc.

another 20 years the whole system will be non existant.
after all the baby boomers and what not bleed that shit dry.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Older Americans

5 million of our older Americans have not signed up yet for their Medicare, Part D, drug plan------they are old and confused. We are not going to grant them an extension.

However, 12 million illegal aliens are in our
country and we are going to allow them to stay, protest, procreate, receive support monies, attend schools, avoid paying income taxes, have our teachers take 300 hours of ESL English as a Second Language) training at our expense, etc.

[patriot]

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you. This is my point exactly; in regards to VOTING instead of bitching.

Illegal immigrants definitely contribute to the overall economic success of this nation, however, I do not think they should be allowed any sort of social security.

If ANY IMMIGRANT wants to collect tax benefits, then they should become an American citizen, establish permanent residency, and PAY into social security like everyone else does.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
Thank you. This is my point exactly; in regards to VOTING instead of bitching.

Illegal immigrants definitely contribute to the overall economic success of this nation, however, I do not think they should be allowed any sort of social security.

If ANY IMMIGRANT wants to collect tax benefits, then they should become an American citizen, establish permanent residency, and PAY into social security like everyone else does.

On the first part of your post, I disagree, and I'll tell yah why. Helping our economy to a certain extent, but it goes so much deeper then that. I don’t know what you do for a living, but what would you do if you lost your job to an illegal immigrant who will do it for a quarter of your pay? What if you have an illegal immigrant working for your company, doing what ever, and he/she gets “hurt” and your companies insurance company has to pay out hundreds of thousands of dollars. Who do you think the cost of that gets past along to??? What if your kid is going to go to college, but loses his/her place to an illegal immigrant? And on and on………..

On the second part of your post, I agree. Get your citizenship, learn the language a good trade for work, and have a good day. But they don’t, they come across the borders and get on welfare and become a cancer on our society, costing regular smucks like us, to pay up the ass.

[patriot]

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I leave for the United States Marine Corps OCS, October 6th. An illegal immigrant will never take my job.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the system needs to change rapidly.
If someone wants to come here and work make them a citizen right away.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

And if my kid is going to college, they can't "lose their place" to someone else. They are already IN college.

On a side note, illegals cannot get any federal funding for a higher education because they have no citizenship.

I agree with you 1991CHP, I think they should become legal workers, period. If they choose to break our laws, let them pay the consequences.

[ September 14, 2006, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Quick 88LX ]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

yep... update! don't let these old white guys with their hair combed over to the side. keep this antiquated system going forever.

[Smile]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

quote:
Originally posted by Black 06:
the system needs to change rapidly.
If someone wants to come here and work make them a citizen right away.

That's the problem. Illegals come here without any idea of what type of job they can get. They just come to America. Some of them get work, yes. But many of them squander our tax dollars. Up to 200,000 unskilled workers a year would become eligible for a green card, regardless of economic conditions, regardless of whether that worker has been actually employed, and most importantly, regardless of whether there are unemployed U.S. workers available to fill those jobs.

That is wrong.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

quote:
I leave for the United States Marine Corps OCS, October 6th. An illegal immigrant will never take my job.

But what about the others who aren't, and what happens when they start beeing able tp join our armned forces???

Here's a quote from a friend of mine.......

"Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc., etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to dem and rights, privileges and entitlements? To my conservative friends: I hope you're really proud of how George W. Bush has helped to sell-out this country with his pro-illegal policy. I voted for him too, but on this issue he is a disaster.
To my bleeding-heart liberal friends who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their
gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs. Higher insurance, Medical facilitie closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc., etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes. We need to wake up. The guest worker program will be a disaster because we won't have the guts to enforce it. Does anyone in their right mind really think they will leave and return voluntarily?"

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

I'll say it again, an illegal immigrant will never take my job in the Marine Corps.

Other than that, I agree with you 100% on this issue.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'll say it again, an illegal immigrant will never take my job in the Marine Corps.

Incorrect.
Individuals who are not citizens of the United States are allowed to join the Armed Forces, with the understanding they must apply for citizenship within their first enlistment. I've worked with plenty of them in the Air Force. And FYI, the Army has the highest enlistment rate...with the USMC a close second.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow.. should i get started? i wrote a pretty long paper on this subject couple of quarters ago....
Certainly sounds like an immigration issue, but it goes way way way more deeper than that.. I’d do a terrible job of explaining it so screw it, fu<k it.

Let's just kick them all out. that should solve the problem. [Roll Eyes]

I did not really read the posts above mine, but... there were some clear misconceptions that are just juvenile and based on nothing but myths or other bs. not worth my time to type and develop concise ideas when some underage punk will come in and just respond with incoherent bs..

Bottom line, illegal immigrations is a problem. Not a huge problem, we have bigger problems that are not being address at the moment, but it is one that we are currently trying to resolve. "Kicking everyone out" is not an option. get that through your damn narcistic ethnocentric heads. We need to find a solution for coexisting.
Instead of being keyboard warriors, think of action plans that will be concrete, economically feasible that will not have adverse repercussions in our way of life.
Btw: I don’t know where I stand on this subject, but absurdity pisses me off.

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

Incorrect.
Individuals who are not citizens of the United States are allowed to join the Armed Forces, with the understanding they must apply for citizenship within their first enlistment.

John.. isn't he correct, ILLEGALS will not joing the marines or whatnot. you need to have a green card. that's not being ILLEGAL. it means you were granted a LEGAL status.
correct me if i'm wrong, but.. if i cross the border i cannot go and joing the ariforce, can i?
that's my understanding from some of my friend's experience. they were turned down becuase they were illegal, but were told to come back after getting a greencard. CITIZENSHIP, is however, not requiered.
same in law enforcement.. you can apply as a resident, but have to be granted your citenzenship before you are sworned in. [Wink]

[ September 14, 2006, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife just found out today her school is closing down at the end of this year because of Bush and his lame ass 'no kid left behind act'. 8 kids out of 600 have put my family at risk. The other 592 kids scores were higher than all other schools. But test scores were low for this one group of 8 minorities and thus the school is being shut down. Yes they are racially scored. Now all these 600 kids next year will need to be distributed to other schools clogging up more classrooms thus making it harder for the next teachers to keep scores up. Anyone see a sick pattern. Bush doesn't seem to have his head on strait regarding a number of issues.

As far as the 8 kids that had lower scores...they weren't that low and barley missed their mark. Doesn't matter though,..now my wife has to look for work and she never even had any of these kids in her class.

ps. Even though I didn't vote for Bush I don't think the people that did vote for him voted on bad judgment.

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
My wife just found out today her school is closing down at the end of this year because of Bush and his lame ass 'no kid left behind act'. 8 kids out of 600 have put my family at risk. The other 592 kids scores were higher than all other schools. But test scores were low for this one group of 8 minorities and thus the school is being shut down. Yes they are racially scored. Now all these 600 kids next year will need to be distributed to other schools clogging up more classrooms thus making it harder for the next teachers to keep scores up. Anyone see a sick pattern. Bush doesn't seem to have his head on strait regarding a number of issues.

As far as the 8 kids that had lower scores...they weren't that low and barley missed their mark. Doesn't matter though,..now my wife has to look for work and she never even had any of these kids in her class.

ps. Even though I didn't vote for Bush I don't think the people that did vote for him voted on bad judgment.

sorry to hear.. that "no kid left behind" program is nothing but bs... in so many levels.
look at it this way, mabye she'll find a better job.
[patriot]
good luck

--------------------
=(

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

sorry to hear.. that "no kid left behind" program is nothing but bs... in so many levels.
[patriot]
good luck

Yah, jdub07, don't worry about it. Who cares about you and your family, maybe she'll find a better job. It doesn't matter that she may have liked her job already, no, listen to jmir018, he knows the best advice. Now think about how many other families this is happening to.

Jdub07, I know what your going through, really. Little kids like jmir018 who don't live in the real world doesn’t. I don't think this kid should be able to comment on such topics, in fact, I would be nervous if he was finger painting. Hey jmir018, use the Internet for porn. 1 to keep you from posting retarded comments to people who have lost their jobs, and 2 so you don't reproduce. Just jerk yourself off, slap yourself in the face and leave a dollar on the nightstand.

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks...

trying to keep light of things I told her the same thing you said, maybe this will be a new leaf for her, for us.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I know it sucks and she does love teaching. She isn't going to look for anything other than a teaching job, but her history at that school is gone. She'll be "one of the teachers from the low scoreing school". More I think on it the more it pisses me off...I try and be cool though for her cause she's pregnant with our second kid, diabetic and high risk. Any stress on her is bad for baby and her. If I get upset she feeds on it and its just all bad. [Frown]
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]
good luck

Yah, jdub07, don't worry about it. Who cares about you and your family, maybe she'll find a better job. It doesn't matter that she may have liked her job already, no, listen to jmir018, he knows the best advice. Now think about how many other families this is happening to.

haha.. don't worry i use the internet for porn plenty. if you wanna come in and lend a helping "hand" then you are more than welcome. who says i'm a little kid, who says i don't live in the real world? you.. [Roll Eyes]

trust me, i know more about adversity, discrimination and poverty than you know.
my post to jdub07 was just meant as words of encouragement. nothing else. the whole no kid left behind program is BS. ... his wife loosing her jobs proves it.

If you have any further advice for me i suggest you pm me.

--------------------
=(

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]
good luck

haha.. don't worry i use the internet for porn plenty. if you wanna come in and lend a helping "hand" then you are more than welcome. who says i'm a little kid, who says i don't live in the real world? you.. [Roll Eyes]

trust me, i know more about adversity, discrimination and poverty than you know.
my post to jdub07 was just meant as words of encouragement. nothing else. the whole no kid left behind program is BS. ... his wife loosing her jobs proves it.

If you have any further advice for me i suggest you pm me.

First off, I'm not gay, so I'll pass on helping you.

Second, do you know me, my ethic back ground, where I was brought up??? You know more than I do? Your high, and you just prove my piont about your post, Seriously, not even talking shit. Anyone who makes that comment about some one else who they do not know any thing about, has to be slow.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
.. Seriously, not even talking shit. Anyone who makes that comment about some one else who they do not know any thing about, has to be slow.

dude.. are you for real? seriously .. can't you comprehend?
ok. read your quote. "anyone that makes a comment about someone they don't know has be slow"
hum.. go back two posts. where you made a comment about me, my age .. my maturity level etc NOT KNOWing me?
So, if we use the same logic then you MUST BE slow too. it's ok, we can both be slow together. [Wink]
check your pms.

I could pick apart your post and just prove your lack of reading comprehension, but that's ok.
i never said anything about YOUR ETHNICITY, YOUR BACK GROUND OR ANYTHING.

on the contrary. i said "i know more about discrimination, adversity and poverty than you know" if you read the context of the prior posts you'll understand that "..you know" is not applying to your previous experiences.. but.. "..you know" means.. "than you accredit me for" as in what you assume i am by saying i'm a kid, who doesn't live in the real world.
So.. lastly... your saying that ""anyone that makes a comment about someone they don't know has be slow" just applies to you.
[patriot]

[ September 14, 2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com