Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » alteredspeed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: alteredspeed
gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone knows if they closed down?

--------------------
gt40

t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
give me a call.

925-577-4872
Aaron

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JOHN MORRIS THE OWNER OF ALTERED SPEED APPEARS TO BE BACKING AWAY FROM THE BUSINESS. THEY DON,T RETURN PHONE CALLS, DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE UNTIL AFTER 12:30 PM. AND DO NOT SHOW UP TO OPEN FOR BUSINESS. SCOTT HAWK WHO WORKS FOR JOHN IS TRYING TO KEEP BUSINESS OPEN BUT DOES NOT HAVE A TUNER. HALF THE TIME HE IS NOT THERE ALSO. I HAVE SEEN THE PLACE STAND EMPTY FOR AS MUCH AS 2 WEEKS AT A TIME, WITH NO RETURN PHONE CALLS AND NO NOTES ON THE DOOR.

MY CAR WAS IN THEIR SHOP 2 1/2 MONTHS FOR A TWO DAY JOB.THEY COULDN,T GET MY COBRA TO RUN SO FINALL HAD TO TOW IT TO ANOTHER GARAGE AND DYNO.

NOW I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN ON THE WORK TO BE DONE. I PREPAID FOR ALL PARTS OVER $1200 AND THEY STILL WANTED TO CHARGE ME AND ADDITIONAL $1,018. TO GET MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP, EVEN THOUGH SCOTT ADMITTED HE COULDN,T GET THE CAR TO RUN.

THE LAST 16 MONTHS I HAVE HAD MY CAR 6 MONTHS...IT WAS SITTING IN THEIR GARAGE.

WOULD RECOMMEND YOU FIND ANOTHER SHOP AND DYNO.

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hard times [Whoo Whooooo!]
Cleveland
Member # 5795

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cleveland  Ford pictures for Cleveland    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been trying to stick by them while they go through this tough spot but it really is starting to seem that its more than a spot.

I'm going to have to find another capable tuner somewhere not way too far just so I can get my stuff dialed in.

Its a shame really, John really knows his stuff.

-Dan

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jon bon jovi-

"keep the faith"

[Confused]

I have no choice. [dance]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having the right tuner makes the difference in the world. If you need to travel a long way then do it because if not the price might be a little much.

I'm still paying for my last tune from CDT.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ September 16, 2006, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: lostsoul ]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

what the fuck is this?

why and who?

explain? the cause and who is responsible?

or should I go off of what you said..."still paying for my tune from ..."

I have no problem with alteredspeed. they did good work.

its just that one guy decided to go on vacation. I need the tuner guy and he is gone?! WTF??!!!

[ September 17, 2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Black 06 ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO ONE PERSON JUST DECIDED TO GO ON VACATION. LAST YEAR MY CAR WAS IN THEIR SHOP FOR 61/2 MONTHS. HAD TO TRACK DOWN JOHN AT HIS HOME. HE WAS HIDING OUT . CLAIMING TO BE SICK FOR TWO WEEKS. HIS ONLY EMPLOYEE DECIDED TO GO BACK TO TEXAS FOR A WHILE. NO NOTES ,NO NOTHING.

YES, JOHN IS GOOD WHEN HE IS THERE...THIS TIME HE IS TOTALLING LOOSING IT. I UNDERSTAND HE WANTS OUT.

YOU STILL HAVE TO RUN A BUSINESS EVEN THOUGH YOU DO HAVE TALENT..
THIS TIME I DROVE A PERFECTLY GOOD RUNNING COBRA INTO HIS SHOP AND TO GET THE JOB DONE ,HAD TO TOW IT TO ANOTHER SHOP.

NO MORE NO THANKS. I GAVE JOHN THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT LONG ENOUGH.

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, bashing on a business when you don't know the half of it is not cool. They have a two man business. Scott is good at wrench turning, and does not claim or try to run the business aspect. John has been out in the Hospital sick. Kinda hard to run or worry about putting notes up when you are down. Yes, its hard on the consumer. Hopefully people can understand that. John, takes a big pride in his work and has gone head over heels to make people happy in the past. Some people to to take more then there share of advantage of him. And understand, with small shops its not always in there hands why they have delays. They too have to get parts from various vendors, and dealers, and many times in the automotive world there are delays. Ones they have no control of. People want custom work, and tunes/set-up's on there cars, but don't realize it takes time to do things right. I won't say how much of hard time he has had with certain cam mfg.'s screwing up and cuasing problems for them. Point being, ease off the shop bashing, when you don't have all the details.

Oh, when you went to John's house did you say hi to Scott, he should have been there. They are room mates, so backing away from a business is a little hard, especially when you share the house with your co-worker. [Roll Eyes]

[ September 17, 2006, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: 1Sicgt ]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

i GUESS YOU DON,T KNOW THE SITUATION LIKE YOU THINK YOU DO. JOHN BOUGHT HIS NEW HOME THRU HIS MOTHER IN OAKDALE LAST YEAR. I TRACKED HIM DOWN WHEN HE LIVED IN TRACY.
ACCORDING TO SCOTT THEY HAVE NOT SEEN HIM EXCEPT ONCE IN A WHILE. HE ONCE IN A WHILE COMES IN OF AN EVENING TO WORK ONLY LEAVING SIGNS THAT HE WAS THERE.CANNOT FIURE OUT MY CAR AND THE TUNING . I ORDERED PARTS AND PREPAID APRIL OF THIS YEAR.THEY WAITED 6 WEEKS FOR MY INJECTORS BECAAUSE THIS PARTICUOLAR SUPPLIER WAS CHEAPER BY $150. I PAID $500 FOR 60# INJ , THEY PAID $350. SCOTT HAD THE CAR READY FOR TUNING THE FIRST DAY(AS YOU SAID SCOTT IS THE WRENCHER)2 1/2 MONTHS LATER CAR NOT ONLT DOESN,T RUN RIGHT BUT DOESN,T RUN AT ALL.AFTER GIVING JOHN NUMEROUS CHANCES WITH HIS PROMISE THINGS WOULD WORK ...FINALLY HAD TO GET CAR AND HAVE TOWED TO ANOTHER SHOP.

JOHN IS A VERY INTELLIGENT, SMART MECHANIC AND TUNER. HAS NO HEAD OR ATTITUDE FOR RUNNING THE BUSINESS. IF YOU KNOW HIM ,YOU ALSO KNOW HOW MANY PARTENERS HE WENT THROUGH , BEFORE SCOTT APPEARED ON THE SCENE,AND ALWAYS THEIR FAULT.

I HAVE PROBALLY SENT THEM ABOUT $50,000 IN BUSINES IN THE PAST...NO MORE.
TIME TO MOVE ON .

[ September 17, 2006, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Ok, bashing on a business when you don't know the half of it is not cool. They have a two man business. Scott is good at wrench turning, and does not claim or try to run the business aspect. John has been out in the Hospital sick. Kinda hard to run or worry about putting notes up when you are down. Yes, its hard on the consumer. Hopefully people can understand that. John, takes a big pride in his work and has gone head over heels to make people happy in the past. Some people to to take more then there share of advantage of him. And understand, with small shops its not always in there hands why they have delays. They too have to get parts from various vendors, and dealers, and many times in the automotive world there are delays. Ones they have no control of. People want custom work, and tunes/set-up's on there cars, but don't realize it takes time to do things right. I won't say how much of hard time he has had with certain cam mfg.'s screwing up and cuasing problems for them. Point being, ease off the shop bashing, when you don't have all the details.

Oh, when you went to John's house did you say hi to Scott, he should have been there. They are room mates, so backing away from a business is a little hard, especially when you share the house with your co-worker. [Roll Eyes]

I was one of the people with the cam problem [Mad] I agree that alteredspeed is going through it right now. I spent over 10K on my motor build with cams,heads, blower, shortblock etc and throughout my build I had vendor mishap with incorrect cut cams, they had to rework etc. long story short, it took my 6 months to get it completed. Yeah it was a long time but everything was reasonable. John cut alot of labor and tuning $$ off my bill and made it right. Even though I am neighbors an close friends with Scott, Kim and John I still have expectations as a customer for a certain level of service from their business in which I feel I recieved. They explained the issues that came up with the build up in which seemed reasonable to me. I felt that I was taken care of given the circumstances. Thats just my experience at alteredspeed. I will still remain a customer.

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
Having the right tuner makes the difference in the world. If you need to travel a long way then do it because if not the price might be a little much.

I'm still paying for my last tune from CDT.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

care to share the details? from the limited amount ive heard about them, it has only been good.
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Like I said earlier. I have no problems with alteredspeed. "They" did good.
"I" was messing around with my predator tuner. And "I" lost my tune. I went back to alteredspeed hoping they would fix it. I learned that the tuner guy is gone. No tuner guy. No solution to my problem. I have to look elsewhere.

Trying to be nice I said John was on vacation.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black 06 pm sent [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way back in mid January I took my 05 in to CDT to get a 12# pulley installed. I was told about meth/water injection kit and read a little bit about it. some people would use it to increase timing and power. I was told they have installed these kits before and after a while I said F it way not. I thought since it would cool the intake temp I can use it as safety system in case of bad gas or what ever. I didnt want to pump the timing up more then it needed for the pully. Anyway, he started to tune it and we kept the car under red line. While the car was going it would jerk pretty badly on the dyno around 3K then again at 4-5K. There was not a power increase since we were not running hard. He thought it was with my wiring for the procharger and soldered some of the wired and tried it again. Still did the same thing. After he disconnected the kit and maf extender it didn’t do it. Then tried with the kit on again and after that she blew.

The thing I didnt understand was 1) Why when it was jerking on the dyno that bad was he still stepping on it 2) I told him from the beginning there were many drops of water coming of the TB. (His reply was condensation and normal). It took me many of months to find out thats not true and that should have been an early warning sign.

After the engine blew I was left with a nice bill and still needed to tow the heap back home. I do have to give him props for driving me back home at that time. Blowing the engine was bad and I was not looking for blame.. but what killed me was that They didnt want to find out what happened.. I was told I was pushing too much HP (BS). The highest hp I made was 4 hp more then I did when I rolled in there. They wanted me to just give them a blank check and build a new one. How can I do that without know why cause the first one to go? Every time I tried to get info on parts for a rebuild I got the "Call me when your ready" attitude. They have the machine shop and tons of parts all over.. All I got was it will cost 5K-10K for an engine.. I wanted details and never got it.

It took me time to figure out that the car was hydro-locked. My car was pushing 393hp on the mustang dyno and every SC on the market gets higher then that. So the high hp doesnt cut it. I'm still in the middle of rebuilding after all this time. I ended getting a forged SB for 3600(not 5-10K). This tuner did the setup for my car before and thats why I kept going to him. Everything was great before.. but when times got tough he bailed. When I posted this info on another site I had some other shop offer to help me even at a discount. I didnt want to say anything for a long time because things like this is hard on everyone. I know they felt bad about it too. In no way I'm saying they are reckless or dont know sheet. I'm just stating for anyone to go find the best tuner you can even if you have to travel a long way to do it. If its something simple dont worry about it.. but for more complex items on newer cars.. its best to do the drive.

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

working on brand new cars ain't easy.

sorry to hear that. [BS flag] [Confused]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

quote:
Originally posted by Black 06:
working on brand new cars ain't easy.

sorry to hear that. [BS flag] [Confused]

agreed.. these new stangs are very touchy when tuning but If your car is jerking on the dyno and water coming from the TB it doesnt matter which year.. things need to stop asap. haha

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you brought a time bomb to CDT
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my car tuned at alterspeed a couple years back. i brought my car in running like crap, untuned and detonating like a mother #$!$%. Scott and John had my baby running like a champ within 5 hours and gave me a decent price. They weren't afraid to turn some wrenches under the hood and knew what they were doing as far as a tune. Unfortunately, I tried calling them up not too long ago for a retune, but couldn't get a hold of them and ended up going with someone else. My personal experience...alterspeed gets a thumbs up for me

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

who did you have to go with... for the retune?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

whats this two-gun kid shop thingie? is that a new place?

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com