Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » MAJOR props to FORD! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAJOR props to FORD!
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANY car will go ka-boom with a mediocre tune from a "tuner" aka tommy-toggle who thinks they know what they're doing.

The Bay Area has plenty of them.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
ANY car will go ka-boom with a mediocre tune from a "tuner" aka tommy-toggle who thinks they know what they're doing.

The Bay Area has plenty of them.

LOL at tommy toggle!
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ September 23, 2006, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I test drove one of these about 6 months ago just for shits and giggles.

They have the right amount of power for a stock 'Stang (about fuckin' time!) and the handling seemed reasonalbe (although a bit to compliant). I really liked it!

This car would be kick ass if it was about an 1 1/2" lower and had about 100 more HP.

Congrats [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice car

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
HYFLOHDS
¯
Member # 4198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYFLOHDS  Ford pictures for HYFLOHDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what dealer did you get it from, might trade my silverado for one?

--------------------
Hyperflow Motorsport
Flow testing & PortingService
Authorize Superflow SF-600 Test Garage.
friscospeed@gmail.com
415-756-5717 DM only

Posts: 308 | From: san francisco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was bought in Fairfield. Unfortunately, the 0% offer is long gone...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so what did you get it to run at grudge, all i saw was 14's

atleast i went 11.8 at 113 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

And that's all it ran....14's. [Big Grin]

11.8's....that's all? Well, just keep the faith. You know, some of that "Lil Engine that Could" sh!t. You'll do better next time. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did the Cobra run today?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did the Cobra run today?

Edit: Ofcourse I'm assuming the 14's is a joke because even if you took the 06 I'd guess it's faster than that [Confused]

[ September 10, 2006, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Sadly, the Cobra didn't make it out today. [Frown] Engine is still apart.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Did you run the 06 [Confused]

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Did you run the 06 [Confused]

yeah it went 14's [Big Grin]

yeah 11.8, not bad for bogging hard off the line, shortshifting 2nd, spinning 2nd, then missing 4th and coasting to the finish line at 113 [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
14s? is it an auto?
hum.. i certainly thought they were faster than that..

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

14's doesn't make sense. I run a guy at my work in his GTO. I let him go first every time and by the end of 1st I'm neck n neck and pull every gear. He's a mid 13. I have 14 more RWHP at most than John so that shouldn't make "that" much of a difference?

Then again don't these cars have a lot of torque reduction at each shift? I believe that's one thing taken out of mine.

Oh well, I'm "planning" on 12's first time out at the track [Wink]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
14's doesn't make sense. I run a guy at my work in his GTO. I let him go first every time and by the end of 1st I'm neck n neck and pull every gear. He's a mid 13. I have 14 more RWHP at most than John so that shouldn't make "that" much of a difference?

Then again don't these cars have a lot of torque reduction at each shift? I believe that's one thing taken out of mine.

Oh well, I'm "planning" on 12's first time out at the track [Wink]

Let me know when you'll be hitting the track.. i'll run you heads up.

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Gears will be going in this coming Saturday so possibly the following Wednesday, worst case, two weeks from this coming Wednesday. Getting some 17x10 welds in back and 17x(4 or 5's) in front with the MT drag radials.

I'd like to be in the 12's with a cold air, 410's, drag radials and a tune.

I'll be banging the hell out of the gears [patriot]

What do you think John?

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

12's are definitely do-able, especially with the right driver.

And yes, it's a Auto. I knew if I bought a 5spd, I'd mod the hell outta it. This was my deterrent. [Big Grin]
With that, the "auto" clause is my excuse...alot shorter than Eric's dissertation as to why his car doesn't perform/he can't drive/the stars weren't in alignment/I wish I was JohnB's Cobra. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John, John, John...

It is a 5 speed auto! I have driven one and the the first three gears work very well, w/ th jump to 4th being the looong step. You just need to get some converter and gears. 4.30's. [Razz] [burnout]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

hey, john, i think i have an oil pump drive shaft you can borrow [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
hey, john, i think i have an oil pump drive shaft you can borrow [Big Grin]

Funny guy...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Car and in black too! Looks good! You will be very happy with the way that thing drives. I just picked up a Black 07 Mustang, so I didn't get the 0% . [Frown]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the New stang. Its good to see more people coming on here with thiers.. I thought I was the only one so I didnt visit much. Many people here still dont know much about them. They CAN be supercharged and run for a long time. I was one of the first to get a procharger in my 05 and was running a good 10 psi with 393rwhp on the mustang dyno. It was great for 7 months till I tried a meth/water injection with a 12# pully. Due to some bad tuning and ignorning warning signs of hydro-locking the engine she blew at 4K. I have gone to other 05/06 web sites with KB/prochargers/ saleens running 450rwhp-500+. I and few others have blown over dumb things like meth injection/ melted cats and jacked up tunes. So far the safety limit (with good tune) seems to be 450-460wrhp. Matter of fact the whipple is now being shipped out and is going to give stock 05-07 475rwhp or more. As for the autos being a week point many are running at those levels without an issue. The rods and pistons do suck but I only have really seen them give out at 14 psi or higher. If you plan no SC I would got the the JLT CIA and tune and some 4.10's... and lower the thing ;-)..
enjoy,
--Ted

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com