Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you say? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would you say?
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What if you were looking for a T-5 and someone on this board had one.The person who has it says he just took out of a car of HIS.He supposed to really know his sh*t,so you make the deal.When he brings it over you notice it has a single exhaust crossmember,he says its from an earlier model car and that is why(huh?),well,OK.And after the guy leaves you examine the trans a little closer.First thing you see is that it has gear oil in it,and thats wrong.Next you run the numbers and discover it is an 87-89 FOUR CYLINDER T-5!So you call him and he says it wasnt even his,he is just doing this deal for someone else.Even though he originally said it came from a car of his.He knows his shit though right,he shouldve known gear oil doesnt go in T-5,s.And then theres the trans crossmember thing,WTF?Its like he stopped at pick-n-pull on the way to your house and grabbed a t-5 from a 4-cylinder car.Then he acts crappy every time you hit him up about it.What do you guys think?What would you do?I wont name this supposedly reputable person YET as i still want him to make good on this.But i feel burned and im getting pissed. [Mad]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that get your money and and post his screen name so we all know who not to do business with. It doesn't sound like someone I would do business with at all from the sound of your story. That tranny sounds like a POS and I would not accept it at all. Sounds like he was trying to pull a quick one. Get your money back ASAP. Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who..dnt let others get burned by the same person..if there so rep. they should take it back..jus my thoughts

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ask you to please post who this is so we do not get burned AS YOU DID. Plain and simple, you are due your money back RIGHT AWAY.

That's bullshit

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I ask you to please post who this is so we do not get burned AS YOU DID. Plain and simple, you are due your money back RIGHT AWAY.

That's bullshit

[patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you got transmissowned [Big Grin]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude I told you I am not giving your money back. I said the sale is final and you accepted.

No seriously who was it, thats [BS flag]

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol @ two-gun kid

I think this sorta falls under the Buyer-Beware / Sold-As-Is thing. It is complete [BS flag] and the RIGHT thing would be for him to apologize and give you your money back.

Post his name so no one else gets burnt!

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post His name post His Name!!!!!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
screen name please

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
screen name please

+1
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by 5point0707:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
screen name please

+1
[Mad] [Mad] [BS flag]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I beleive this is the second time someone on this board has had that happened to them. Wasn't JOhnB installing a T5 for some guy that bought it off some guy and they found gear oil in it and then found it was a 4 cylinder t5? Or is this the same guy?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It really pisses me off how many guys sell T5's that they pulled from a yard and have no clue if it works or not. These individuals are taking chances with other people's time, money, and nerves.

-

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
you got transmissowned [Big Grin]

LOL
Im hoping hes read this.Maybe he can finally make good on this deal.Ive been on this board for a while and i always try to help my CAFords homies,and ive never burned anyone.I expect nothing less in return.

Transmissowned,lol!

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would I do?

I'd call him and ask for my money back. If he was a dick on the phone and refused to refund me, then I'd come strait here and post his screename.

Although, if the first thing I noticed was a single crossmember then I'd inspect it more closely before buying it. Since you bought it before finding out everything on it, the situation sucks more.

But in your defence again, one can not be expected to spend 2 hours combing over a tranny (open it up to find gear oil, running tag numbers)before buying it from a member that may be pushed for time or portray themselfs as being pushed for time. You feel they are a site member and there is a level of trust involved.

So in the end I've give them ample time to refund my money before posting their name here. Once a name is thrown out, their reputation will most certainly take a nose dive. People do say there are two sides to every story though, so coming here first and asking "what would you do" was a good step.

Good luck [patriot]

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe it was purple hatch [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like an asshole to me if hes acting like that then post his name already [BS flag]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
maybe it was purple hatch [Whoo Whooooo!]

If the shoe fits..............

On a side note, how would you feel if 166 Merlot bought something from this guy, not knowing it's the same guy, and it was fucked. You could have saved him a lot of time. Heck, how would you feel if you bought something from PH and when you posted that you got fucked 3 more people came up and said they were fucked in the past by him. Wouldn't that info have been helpful BEFORE you spent your time/money?

Goodluck either way.

Edit: I got fucked by that shop owner near Sac a while back. I posted the situation and included in that the fact that I was given a full refund at a later date. This way people know I got fucked, but that the person took care of me. That way people could consider the person may have made a mistake and they felt more secure that the person backed his part up, or they could take into consideration that I wasted time/money. Either way I put it all out there for other members to take into consideration and make their own desicions.

[ July 25, 2006, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

OK,so SPEC-FAB burned me,he knew what he was doing too.I thought he was cool but i guess not.Oh well,i dont even want it now.Just a lesson learned.BUYER BEWARE!!! [patriot]

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
OK,so SPEC-FAB burned me,he knew what he was doing too.I thought he was cool but i guess not.Oh well,i dont even want it now.Just a lesson learned.BUYER BEWARE!!! [patriot]

woooow that suprised me and probably everyone else.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:

THANKS [patriot]

--------------------

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SPEC-FAB IS A........... (fill in the blanks....)

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does not suprise me!!!!i have tried to do buisness with Virgil(spec fab)before and he faked every time and so now i just ignore his posts cause i dont do buisness with people like that and even tryed to worn N8Y8 when he was buying some wheels off him but he did anyway and i think he got ripped but he didnt i guess..

*also so everyone knows a 4 banger tranny does not have a NS switch on the top and 5.0 ones do...85-86 dont either but they are shitty trannys anyway so beware...i still have sold those trannys before but only for $150-$200 just to get people on the road when times are tuff and i dont garentee*sp* them...

sorry to hear about this 50DADDY...lesson learned

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hate to see anyone's name turn into MUDD......however i don't think anyone should be ripped off as well.

I've never had a problem with the party mentioned previously and never flaked even having to drive from 707 out here to the 510.

Always been a cool guy so i don't understand why he'd try and pull one over on ya [Confused]

Sorry to hear about your situation.....i've been burnt before and it FUKIN SUX!! [Mad]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com