Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Family just purchased 2 shelby gt 500's (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Family just purchased 2 shelby gt 500's
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't even went up front to check them out. After driving a GT yesterday, I am still on cloud nine, and no Mustang will ever compare.
Myke@ViViD
¯
Member # 6623

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myke@ViViD  Ford pictures for Myke@ViViD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will have some up! and hey if u buy the damn gears someone you can come see it and take a pic haha j/k...i dont have a camera and my gf with a camera is in Florida for the next 9 days..i'll take some when she gets home i dont carry a camera around haha...and the coupe IS and i will prove it if you come to burlingame 615HP and Dyno'd..not sure what my uncle did to it but he just got it out of the shop and all that good stuff..its pretyy nutty and sounds like a airplane ha///

I love haters! thank u [Roll Eyes]

[ August 10, 2006, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: BloWnLikeClinton ]

--------------------
MYSPACE.COM/MYKENASTYISBACK

Myke@ViViD
¯
Member # 6623

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myke@ViViD  Ford pictures for Myke@ViViD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and as GAY as this will sound to most of you, i will have a default pic of me and the car from when he frist brought it home up on my MYSPACE..i dont kno how to post them here or any of that shit, i have someone do it all for me on my webpage..so i'll see whats up in 9 days when i kan take some cool pics for you ppl that even care [Smile] the link to my page is on my signature thingy..

p.s. and IM LOOKING FOR A 88 LX 5. ANYONE HAVE ONE FOR SALE? THIS SUV IS EATING GAS LIKE A $%#^%

--------------------
MYSPACE.COM/MYKENASTYISBACK

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
boring.....I agree heavy pig id rather have a 300hp 3000lb car then a 5000lb 400 hp

Kind of ironic since your avatar is a Lightning truck. That's no lightweight!

I remember everyone saying how the '03 Cobra was an overweight pig, overpriced and how much better 96-01 Cobras with Vortechs were. Now it seems everyone has an '03/04

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
quote:
boring.....I agree heavy pig id rather have a 300hp 3000lb car then a 5000lb 400 hp

Kind of ironic since your avatar is a Lightning truck. That's no lightweight!

I remember everyone saying how the '03 Cobra was an overweight pig, overpriced and how much better 96-01 Cobras with Vortechs were. Now it seems everyone has an '03/04

i really don't think anyone in their right mind said an sn95 was better than a supercharged from factory doch 4.6.

--------------------
=(

sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
quote:
Originally posted by sn8k:
quote:
Originally posted by 68_427_Fastback:
quote:

Its closer to 500hp
With a tune - it's 475RWHP - or about 560HP at the crank (no other mods... no catback, no CAI, no filer change, nada). Pretty impressive - but no where near worth paying MSRP + the 20K+ dealer markups. I'll stick to modding my 01 [Wink]
20k? try 65k!!! That's what ours have in the window.
That's MSRP plus the 20K markup.. just like I said [Wink] Sry if it wasn't clear.

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a lot of you guys are looking way to much into the rwhp that this 07 shelby can produce. Making power is one thing but not everything. A 4000 pound car is a bad platform to start off from no matter how much power it makes.

450rwhp on a 3000 pound car would do high 10's
450rwhp on a 4000 pound shelby cobra barely does 12's

The corvettes has a much lighter and better chassis that it will outperform it in the twisties and run the same quartermile times with 100 less rwhp

[ August 11, 2006, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: TuxMask-Andy ]

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TuxMask-Andy:
The corvettes has a much lighter and better chassis that it will outperform it in the twisties and run the same quartermile times with 100 less rwhp

With the Cobra you can increase the HP by a TON with a pulley, cold air kit and exhaust. CANNOT BE DONE LIKE THAT TO A VETTE.

The new Cobra is a good platform.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

With the Cobra you can increase the HP by a TON with a pulley, cold air kit and exhaust. CANNOT BE DONE LIKE THAT TO A VETTE.

I agree, the new Cobra is a good platform.... and with a little work you can drop weight too!! Give it a few months, once a real world gearhead gets ahold of one see what happens. [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

Not to mention I am sure there are some weight savings in there somewhere. Can certainly shave some off some where

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Its closer to 500hp
With a tune - it's 475RWHP - or about 560HP at the crank (no other mods... no catback, no CAI, no filer change, nada). Pretty impressive - but no where near worth paying MSRP + the 20K+ dealer markups. I'll stick to modding my 01 [Wink]
That's MSRP plus the 20K markup.. just like I said [Wink] Sry if it wasn't clear.
No problem, the car MSRP is I believe $45k, and the asking price is/was $109k. That is a $65,000 markup. We supposedly sold one today for 100 grand, but it's just a rumor.
925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Its closer to 500hp
No problem, the car MSRP is I believe $45k, and the asking price is/was $109k. That is a $65,000 markup. We supposedly sold one today for 100 grand, but it's just a rumor.
Damn whoever had 100k must be smokin crack to spend that on a car. But if you have the money then its nothin really
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok... i have simple honest question but i have yet to be given a straight consice answer, keep in mind, i don't know much of Ford's history since i wasn't raised in this country.... i know it's supposed to be a shelby gt500 and perhaps because it's a Shelby is supposed to be more exclusive and whatnot, but.. why the huge mark up? these cars will be mass produced for years.. in enormous quantities when compared to 03-04s? what's so special about them? is not like they will get a limited number of cars produced for 1 year. Is anyone else seeing my point, is it even valid, or am simply out of place for questioning this monetary rip off?
Thanks.

[ August 12, 2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
ok... i have simple honest question but i have yet to be given a straight consice answer, keep in mind, i don't know much of Ford's history since i wasn't raised in this country.... i know it's supposed to be a shelby gt500 and perhaps because it's a Shelby is supposed to be more exclusive and whatnot, but.. why the huge mark up? these cars will be mass produced for years.. in enormous quantities when compared to 03-04s? what's so special about them? is not like they will get a limited number of cars produced for 1 year. Is anyone else seeing my point, is it even valid, or am simply out of place for questioning this monetary rip off?
Thanks.

It's simple supply and demand right now, everyone wants one and the dealerships don't have too many. It's Economics 101.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100K for a 07 shelby is ridiculous...i wouldnt buy one for 100K....rather buy a house

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LOL - I guess the old saying is true then....
a fool and his money are soon parted [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Mark K...

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
Thanks.

It's simple supply and demand right now, everyone wants one and the dealerships don't have too many. It's Economics 101.
ok, maybe i didn't formulate my question right. i was looking to see if there was another more signiticant reason. the supply and demand theory is fine, already know this, but still doesn't really answer my question. c6 Z06s are rares and have a higher demand, but still don't have such ridiculous mark ups. Why the GT500?

--------------------
=(

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would still rather have a 06 z06 if im going to spend that much money.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
a lot of you guys are looking way to much into the rwhp that this 07 shelby can produce. Making power is one thing but not everything. A 4000 pound car is a bad platform to start off from no matter how much power it makes.

450rwhp on a 3000 pound car would do high 10's
450rwhp on a 4000 pound shelby cobra barely does 12's

yeah and the new vet's can suck on one [Razz]
can a vet. seat more then 2 people?
Also what's gonna get more look's driving down the street. A GT500 or a every day looking vet?
[Whoo Whooooo!] to the GT500!

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
what's gonna get more look's driving down the street. A GT500 or a every day looking vet?

If you say what's going to get more looks, a GT500 or a Zo6 I'd look at the Zo6. They look sweet! If it's the nice blue vette, I may still be stuck looking at BOTH [Big Grin]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

sn8k
¯
Member # 574

quote:
ok, maybe i didn't formulate my question right. i was looking to see if there was another more signiticant reason. the supply and demand theory is fine, already know this, but still doesn't really answer my question. c6 Z06s are rares and have a higher demand, but still don't have such ridiculous mark ups. Why the GT500?

Quite simple really - greed
The GT500 carries the Shelby name... the dealers think they have something "special" and have hyped it up to the point they can't even see logic. All they see is $$$ signs - it's greed... pure and simple. Supply and demand may have a little to do with it - but I guarntee that if every dealer had 20 of them sitting on their lot, they would still be asking a huge markup... cause they are all greedy SOBs.

--------------------
Mark K...

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

thanks for taking the time Mark.. I just wanted to get a real answer. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and still no pics.... [BS flag] [Frown]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Two old men cruised throught the Carshow in one on Sat...it was a black vert.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is a clip that i recorded when it was cruising by.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR6vFWJQbO8

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com