Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » UFC 61 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: UFC 61
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All those fights were hella gay except the first one where the guy was bleeding 2 pints a second all over the octagon. I've never seen so much blood in a fight ever!

The Tito/Shamrock fight sucked, Shamrock needs to learn the damn rules to the UFC so he knwos to protect himself isntead of looking like a guy who just got knocked the fuck out.

The heavy weight championship match was hella lame. All they did was bounce around each other and maybe throw a punch or two. I am hella disappointed.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
results?any links to the vid?

[Confused]
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Both of the main fight's kinda sucked. Tito won in like less than 2 minutes and it seemed like the refaree stepped in a little early and stopped the fight but Tito was definatley in control the whole time. Arlofski and Sylvia went the distance and it was like a boxing match without very much action and never even made it to the ground. Sylvia got the best of the pit bull and won the decision and is still the heavy weight champ. There were about three other fight's on the card that were pretty good but just wished one of the headline fight's was worth a shit.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Both of the main fight's kinda sucked. Tito won in like less than 2 minutes and it seemed like the refaree stepped in a little early and stopped the fight but Tito was definatley in control the whole time. Arlofski and Sylvia went the distance and it was like a boxing match without very much action and never even made it to the ground. Sylvia got the best of the pit bull and won the decision and is still the heavy weight champ. There were about three other fight's on the card that were pretty good but just wished one of the headline fight's was worth a shit.
[patriot]
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

[patriot]
You did'nt miss much tonight. The first fight was the biggest blood bath I have ever seen [Eek!] The guy got His head busted open and must of bled out like a pint before they stopped the fight, then Shamrock took a few elbow's and the ref jump's rite in and stopped it [Confused] It was a different ref though. The weird thing is that Big John Mcarthey only called like the first fight and they brought in a different ref. for every fight? If I remember correctley usually one ref. for the whole event? It almost seemed like this ref. called this fight early just to get everyone to pay to watch Tito kick Shamrock's ass on another day. [Mad] [BS flag]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shamrock fought like a bitch again. i think it was stopped a little early but at the same time shamrock wasnt defending himself at all. arlowski should have been using his leg kicks throughout all the rounds i think that would have helped him, but it should have been a tie cause it was slow and shitty.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a few fights...

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ufc%2061/1

[patriot]

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shamrock is a bum! Granted he could kick my ass but by UFC standards he is a has been. He reminds me of a Tupac verse only slightly modified " All you old fighters tryna advance, its all over now take it like a man Shamrock lookin like larry holmes flabby and sick tryna playa hate on tito's shit and got his ass kicked! [Big Grin]
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the main event betweeen AA and sylvia was like a damn boxing sparring match...shamrock and ortiz had a pretty weak ending with ref stoppage due to unanswered tito elbows on shamrock. shamrock mustve been in a daze after receiving 5 elbow strikes and woke up from a dream thinking he was kicking tito's ass.

after the stevenson, edwards fight the matt looked like an operating room table with freakin blood splattered everywhere. it mustve been the worst cut ive seen.
really, the best fight of the night was the battle between burkman and neer and the highlight of the night was the announcement from dana white that finally pride LHW champion wanderlei silva will be coming to the ufc to fight liddell for the LHW title granted liddell wins agains sobral.
 -
hopefully this will be a sign of bringing in more fighters from other organizations like pride. last time some ufc fighter went to pride the outcome wasnt too nice for the ufc..haha.
as it is now there is really no one in the ufc hw division that can give sylvia a good challenge except AA so bring on fedor to the ufc.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That fight was so FIXED. You can just tell. So fixed as when they were first introduced as coaches to the ULTIMATE FIGHTER. Then TITO finalized itand said he hoped everyone would watch it again (rematch). As soon as he said, I wouldnt mind a rematch. Right then and there I felt it was FIXED.

Shamrock look like he took those hits on purpose to lose.

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
That fight was so FIXED. You can just tell. So fixed as when they were first introduced as coaches to the ULTIMATE FIGHTER. Then TITO finalized itand said he hoped everyone would watch it again (rematch). As soon as he said, I wouldnt mind a rematch. Right then and there I felt it was FIXED.

Shamrock look like he took those hits on purpose to lose.

i wouldnt go as far as saying it was fixed. tito is a stragiht business man and wouldnt mind fighting shamrock cuz that would practically be an automatic win for him which means another $250k in his pocket. shamrock is on a straight losing streak and should retire before his image gets really tarnished by all these poor performances.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel sorry for the people that paid $40 to see this 1:18 round. I'd be pissed. Even the commentator said Herb Dean ended it early.

Liddell better take his precious "Xyience" before he tries to take on Wanderlei, he will get destroyed no matter what. I mean Silva hasn't lost in years, fights in a much harder league (PRIDE), and has beat people that Liddell previously lost to (Jackson). Liddell will be a drop in the bucket to Silva.

UFC is appearing more like new WWF to me lately.

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another fighter i was looking forward to seeing was Frank Mir, he put on a pretty bad performance. He was in bad condition, the old mir could have beat christison in a more convincing fashion.
Monson is going to get pounded by sylvia when they meet and arlovski needs to work on his striking accuracy, atleast we know his chin isnt made of glass. Bring on fedor to the UFC [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
Another fighter i was looking forward to seeing was Frank Mir, he put on a pretty bad performance. He was in bad condition, the old mir could have beat christison in a more convincing fashion.
Monson is going to get pounded by sylvia when they meet and arlovski needs to work on his striking accuracy, atleast we know his chin isnt made of glass. Bring on fedor to the UFC [Whoo Whooooo!]

Frank MIr was hella fat. I bet he didn't do any cardio. Both those fighters weren't in any shape at all it looked like they just picked them out of the stands.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
I feel sorry for the people that paid $40 to see this 1:18 round. I'd be pissed. Even the commentator said Herb Dean ended it early.

Liddell better take his precious "Xyience" before he tries to take on Wanderlei, he will get destroyed no matter what. I mean Silva hasn't lost in years, fights in a much harder league (PRIDE), and has beat people that Liddell previously lost to (Jackson). Liddell will be a drop in the bucket to Silva.

UFC is appearing more like new WWF to me lately.

in real time it would easy to miss that the ref's call was just. in the replays you can see shamrock go limp after the 1st couple elbows. it was sorta like how buentello got rocked by AA and when he got he pleaded the stoppage was uncalled for yet he was barely able to hold his legs up..haha.
u missed silva vs hunt..silva lost the decision about a year ago. i give silva credit though cuz he fought hunt who had probably 40-50lbs over him.
funny u mention the wwe feel to the ufc..seems that way when dana comes up to the octagon to make these so called anouncements. really he needs to work on the way he delivers these anouncements cuz bringing silva to the octagon didnt really bring any emotion out of the crowd but thats probably because most of the fans are newbies and dont know about mma outside of the ufc..."who is this silva guy?" lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

frank mir is on the ricco rodriquez training regimine. its really a sad sight when u look back when mir was a champion to where he is today..damn the road to recovery is a tought fight and it looks like mir is having some self confidence issues.l mir looked awful last night and probably even lost that fight in many ppls eyes.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
both main events sucked! shamrock's been a has been for a while now & isn't gonna get better with age-he should'nt have taken this fight to begin with coz now he looks even more stupid! arlovski should've taken silvia to the ground instead of sparring for fucken 25 minutes-that was the lamest fight ever! with arlovski's ground skills, he could've beaten silvia for sure again... yeah, i can't wait for wanderlei silva to come out here & whoop on any of the ufc champs. that was cool when him & chuck were doin the stare down-even though chuck looked a little scared! wanderlei's beaten quinton jackson twice already & jackson kicked liddell's ass previously in chuck's own stand up game. the only thing that would suck is that wanderlei won't be able to fight chuck to his full potential bocause of the bs ufc rules compared to pride's rules.

[ July 10, 2006, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ufc [patriot] pride [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com