Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Superman Returns (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Superman Returns
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got my tickets to see it tomorrow @ 10:00pm. [Whoo Whooooo!] I'm fukkin stoked. I can't wait. Anyone else gonna see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJSQNlIn4k

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/

[ June 26, 2006, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought they previews looked lame, all computer generated......

Let us know.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Thought they previews looked lame, all computer generated......

Let us know.

guess you didn't like spiderman or hulk then, whcih was mostly cgi as well. I love cgi [worship] , without it alot film industries would still be stuck in the dark age. When trying to produce/imitate things that are impossible in the real world cgi definately comes in handy. I.E. superhero movies.

This is the 1st movie filmed with new HD technology camera. I bet its going to look killer. I let you know how it goes.

--------------------
91 GT

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hulk was a HORRIBLE movie. Spiderman was great and looked far more realistic than did the previews to the new Superman, but we'll see.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking forward to this as well. Definately let us know how it is.

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is just my opinion but i also think it doesn't look real enough. The actor put on 20lbs of muscle for the part but where is it? Hes still skinny as hell. When i think of Superman i think of someone who has a broader shoulders and chest. The guy looks like a toothpick.
Chris Reeves looked bigger but maybe thats because i was young when i watched those.
I probably won't see it, just because it doesn't look interesting enough for me

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think superman needs to be physically massive because of the fact that he has superhuman powers, so its believable that he can do all the "superman" things even if the actor is on the smaller side. If the CGI is like spiderman Ill watch it.
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm taking my boys the to the first showing!
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the buff superman was ONLY in the comics. He is supposed to be a normal looking guy (he weighs the same as Reeves.). If he was all buff and big it would take away from the appearance/story. You probably want him all buff like Arnie, lol

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Let the countdown begin. I can't wait [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
91 GT

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
the buff superman was ONLY in the comics. He is supposed to be a normal looking guy (he weighs the same as Reeves.). If he was all buff and big it would take away from the appearance/story. You probably want him all buff like Arnie, lol

It would be better if it was Arnie playing the part [Wink]

[ June 27, 2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

I knew it, lol

--------------------
91 GT

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got to see a sneak preview of superman through my work tonite and wow.. not gonna have any spoilers or what not for you.. at first i didn't have any real want or need to see it, but this definitely turned out to be an awesome movie. the computer-animation and effects were amazing.. i walked out of that theater hoping i could seriously fly like him.. haha.. great great movie, and pretty long too.. [patriot]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by the way, there was a cool lil classic mustang scene in the movie too.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
by the way, there was a cool lil classic mustang scene in the movie too.. [Big Grin]

yeah its in the previews.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
I knew it, lol

Well how was it?

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Well the show started @ 10:00pm and we were outside in line @ 8:00pm [Eek!] . Tons of superman fans, even one guy in his superman costume. They showed the teaser trailer for Spiderman 3.

You could feel the excitement and anticipation inside the theatre as the movie was about to start. It was the greatest movie of all time. Superman is greatest superhero period. The movie was absolutely great, everything I expected and more. The story was great and there was a twist to the story that just blew my freakin mind away [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] . Brandon Routh played Superman as well as Reeves did if not better. He did an excvellent job of playing Clark and Superman. He made superman seem godly. Kevin Spacey played an excellent Lex. It was almost erie at times, when I was looking at Routh, I swear he looked dead on like Reeves. CGI was great. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. This is the best Superman film and the best Superhero film I've ever seen. I'm going to be talking about this one for a long time.

Hats off to Bryan Singer for a job well done [patriot]

I'm gonna go se it again on Friday. [worship]

[ June 28, 2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the premier at 1000 as well. It was a great movie. Superman fans will be SLIGHTLY dissapointed due to a kink in the real story as opposed to the movie.

According to this movie, Lana doesn't know Clark Kent is Superman BUT, as we all know, she found that out in a much earlier Superman. They kinda forgot that part in this movie. Otherwise, it actually followed the comic AND the previous movies very well.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
I saw the premier at 1000 as well. It was a great movie. Superman fans will be SLIGHTLY dissapointed due to a kink in the real story as opposed to the movie.

According to this movie, Lana doesn't know Clark Kent is Superman BUT, as we all know, she found that out in a much earlier Superman. They kinda forgot that part in this movie. Otherwise, it actually followed the comic AND the previous movies very well.

her name is Lois. You're thinkin smallville. I actually really enjoyed the kink in the story. Its what everything is talking about. They didn't make it cheesy at all, thank goodness. It could of easily been overdone (the twist to the story that is). I absolutely loved it and I am DIE-HARD Superman fan. [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
91 GT

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, just finished watching it.. great movie.
Really good.
i was wondering the same thing, i remember lois already knowing his identity too so i was taken back by that.
Good final twist. great cgi. i busted a nut on the first airplane scene. [Big Grin]
will be watching it again this weekend.
what i liked best about this movie is that i did not have to pay a cent to see it nor wait in line. got there as the show started and got excellent seats. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got back from seeing it myself and you are right this movie was awesome!!!!!!! Hats off to Brandon Routh and Brian Singer! [worship]

If you guys are referring to Lois knowing who he is from the old Christopher Reeves movies your wrong. He erased her memory when he decided not to pursue their relationship.

If your talking about the comics....I really don't know how that story line went.

[ June 28, 2006, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so this movie is supposed to place after all the other movies then?! [Confused]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by The Camaro Z-28 Kid:
so this movie is supposed to place after all the other movies then?! [Confused]

No its sort of a continuation of the Richard Donner Films Part I & II.

Yes, he erased her memory at the end of part II when Clark kissed Lois.

In the comic Lois eventually finds out that he is Superman and they get married However comics are years ahead of these movies having the advantage of printing mutiple stories a year. I'm sure in the movies to come she will eventually find out. The movie was EXCELLENT nonetheless. Probably one of my most favorite movies of all time. Classic [worship] [worship] [worship]

[ June 29, 2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't wait for this movie to come out.

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

it came out yesterday 6/28 [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com