Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pros & cons of 94 GT vert vs. Notch (pics on pg. 2) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pros & cons of 94 GT vert vs. Notch (pics on pg. 2)
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Doesnt that vert have ~360 rwhp? That will be a steup up from the notch..

the 360rwhp motor is going to be replaced for a motor VERU similar to the one in my notch.

As for the rims on the vert, those are photoshopped. They're the rims that are pictured on the notch...

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm with most people on this.. dude keep your notchback. they're so hard to find these days, especially being as clean as yours. you'll most likely regret it down the line. but if you can afford it, buy a cheap 94-95 and fix her up and have the best of both worlds. good luck with your decision.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pics of my car and the two toned.  -  -  -
and another recent pic of my car.  -  -

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO:
Damn that drop top looks so clean.... [Eek!] [Eek!] I like the rims it has, the deep dish ones, make me want to own one now that summer is around the corner.... I have to agree SN's look sweet when the titties are out- [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Nothing better then cruising around on a hot summer night with the top down...
[worship]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Damn that drop top looks so clean.... [Eek!] [Eek!] I like the rims it has, the deep dish ones, make me want to own one now that summer is around the corner.... I have to agree SN's look sweet when the titties are out- [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[worship]

Nothing worse than cruising around on a hot summer day with the top down [Wink]

I know, I know, you can always put it up. I've ridden in two my my friend's fox verts and between the air and water leaks, excessive interior rattles, and excessive cockpit noise compared to most hard-tops, it was enough for me to close my mind to them forever, lol. Maybe the sn95's are btter? I dunno.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

[worship]

Nothing worse than cruising around on a hot summer day with the top down [Wink]

I know, I know, you can always put it up. I've ridden in two my my friend's fox verts and between the air and water leaks, excessive interior rattles, and excessive cockpit noise compared to most hard-tops, it was enough for me to close my mind to them forever, lol. Maybe the sn95's are btter? I dunno.

You know what there's nothing really better then...doing a mid ll second run then putting the top down and driving home. Well I only drive it to trailer but still... [Big Grin] I still would keep thought notch though.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Originally posted by Luke87-
"Nothing worse than cruising around on a hot summer day with the top down

I know, I know, you can always put it up. I've ridden in two my my friend's fox verts and between the air and water leaks, excessive interior rattles, and excessive cockpit noise compared to most hard-tops, it was enough for me to close my mind to them forever, lol. Maybe the sn95's are btter? I dunno."

Just b/c you have been in some crappy drop-tops it doesn't mean that all of them are like that, [Frown] I personally have been in a couple pristine condition 25th anniversary 7ups and the red with white top/interior ones and they were exeptional. [Smile] I have never owned a drop-top fox/SN before but you can't deny the fact that when fixed up right they look/ride SWEET.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a couple of the main differences motor wise is the accessories sit 1/2" close to the motor, the intake duct, the header on the passenger side has a bung welded on for egr that runs to the intake. the computer is extremely different and doesn't except bolt ons very well(i know my car idled at 2k for a while) but i have owned a few foxes including a notch(my favorite) and now a 94 which i will be replacing soon with another 94-95. they feel more solid.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would stay with your car. it is extra clean. But the 94 isnt bad. But then again I dont like buying other folks custom cars or custom creations. Thats a hard choice. I love the fox body styling. Dont like the 94 styling but it is a drop.

For the record fox body drops arent that bad if the top is in good condition. One thing you could do is buy the liner for the inside. 94 verts dont hav emuch noise problem at all, least the ones I been in.

Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get em' both playa!!!

haha..jk bro..

honestly, i'm diggin' your current car....maybe i'm just not diggin' the green/black combo.... but yeah, keep the coupe man!!! it's pimp!! [patriot]

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first off the 94 is mine and i love the car but i am unhappy with what the track will allow me to run so i figure it works for both of us...he dont wanna race car....i do...and my car is more solid than anyother car you guys will probly ever drive because of the suspension...

PROS AND CONS-vert...fun to drop and looks better,but without a cage only able to go 13.5's..coupe light weight good for race but no A/C too hot to drive in summer and my car is also 5 years newer and KBB is more..also 94+ ride SOOO much nice..

and yes with out a tune the 94-95s are very tempermental witch is why i am puting in another more computer friendly motor in and keeping the motor for the coupe...the coupe will have close to 500rwhp if i get it and hopefull stay in the garage a lot...well IAN i will be done with the motor tommarrow so call me when you get back and once you drive this car you will fall in love..LOL

also if i posted this instead of you then everyone would more than likely tell me to keep my car as all of my friends are but i like the coupe and dont care what they say..if i like it when i drive it then its all good...

[ June 22, 2006, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: BlownMach1 ]

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92coupe:
a couple of the main differences motor wise is the accessories sit 1/2" close to the motor, the intake duct, the header on the passenger side has a bung welded on for egr that runs to the intake. the computer is extremely different and doesn't except bolt ons very well(i know my car idled at 2k for a while) but i have owned a few foxes including a notch(my favorite) and now a 94 which i will be replacing soon with another 94-95. they feel more solid.
I agree to a point... I had almost every bolt on imaginable on my 94, never had an issue with anything.

Bottom line, trust what's in your heart/mind. BlownMach1 is a great guy, I bought some 02 MILS from him awhile back and we BS'd for a good while. You wont be disappointed, verts are awesome in the summer!!! Nothing better than having the stereo cranked and cruisin with a vert, esp one like that with a custom paint job.
Justin

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
fun to drop and looks better
BWAHAHHAHAH!

-

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0JerM  Ford pictures for 5.0JerM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get rid of the notch!!! Just get the car appraised and get full coverage or just theft and fire....anyone who tries to steal tht at car has some balls because it sticks out like a sore thumb....just get a good alarm system and a autolock for the clutch pedal and a removable steering wheel...don't let thieves stop you from driving your shit!!! Oh yeah...a pistol is also a very good theft detterent!!! Btw...do you live off of xavier in hayward???

--------------------
1987 Black Notchback (I'm back!)
1989 White Notchback (4cyl-V8 conversion) R.I.P
1990 Blue Notchback (orginal 5.0) Sold
1996 Saturn SL2 R.I.P

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
fun to drop and looks better
BWAHAHHAHAH!

-

Dude... its his opinion... dont knock it. I love my vert. If i could, I would pick up this SN95. Different people like different things.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, looks like most people think I should keep the notch. I'm still going to check out the vert sometime next week, so I'll update everyone. I didnt realize that they're so hard to mod though [Frown] Thats probably not a good thing if I want to make it somewhat fast...I guess it'll come down to how it runs right now. I'll let you guys know either way. Thanks for the input [patriot]

--------------------

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Notch is a keeper but if you want to have fun this summer, get the Vert.. Its a totally different feeling driving around with the top down on these hot summer days.. The Notch is worth more so if you are going to do the trade, maybe a little $$ along with the vert i say....

Both cars are beautiful though

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12 second verts arent even that tight....not at all....

-

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats a hard choice. I didn't want a convert cause i drove my Dad's Cobra too much and it just seemed annoying, now i kinda wish i had one.
I like the Notch body though.

SN95s are badass
Did you know the prototype SN95 was called the "Arnold Schwarzenegger Edition" ?

[ June 23, 2006, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
The Notch is a keeper but if you want to have fun this summer, get the Vert.. Its a totally different feeling driving around with the top down on these hot summer days.. The Notch is worth more so if you are going to do the trade, maybe a little $$ along with the vert i say....

WOW....where do you get your facts/prices from...anyway you look at these to cars MY car is worth more...stock or modded....if you knew my list of mods you would think twice about that comment...

well sydeways six...i just came across a vortech blower for my car and couldnt pass it up so i am going to hold off on the trade for right now...i will keep you posted...

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
Originally posted by BlownMach1:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:

WOW....where do you get your facts/prices from...anyway you look at these to cars MY car is worth more...stock or modded....if you knew my list of mods you would think twice about that comment...

well sydeways six...i just came across a vortech blower for my car and couldnt pass it up so i am going to hold off on the trade for right now...i will keep you posted...

cool...thanks for the heads up. Looks like the notch is staying with me [Whoo Whooooo!] [burnout]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com