Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pros & cons of 94 GT vert vs. Notch (pics on pg. 2) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pros & cons of 94 GT vert vs. Notch (pics on pg. 2)
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trying to decide whether I want to get a 94 GT vert or keep my notchback. I know that there are alot of parts available for foxbodies, but how are the 94-95 5.0 setups compared to the foxbody 5.0's? What will and will not fit? Please give me any and all info you guys can on each car, specifically the 94 GT, so I can decide wisely...Thanks [patriot]

[ June 21, 2006, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the notchback if you trade you will regret it.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally, I like the look of the SN95's... jsut my .02... You will gain some weight, but overall its nice to have a vert, esp on the hot days.
My vote is for the 94.
Good luck on your choice!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the notch, youll regret it later if you trade it.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the fox and just buy a sn95 vert. sn95's are pretty common and often times go for less than a fox. ull have a harder time finding a clean notch vs a sn95 vert.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like 94gt said, I too like the bodies on the sn95's, but I know I'll regret it later down the line since clean title notches in good condition are hard to find nowadays.

Does anyone know what can and can't be used on the sn95 motor? Please keep the suggestions coming as well. [patriot]

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Keep the notchback if you trade you will regret it.

[patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IF you trade in a clean notch for a bloated pig, you are truly sick in the head. Straight up, lol

Enough said! [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got a 94 vert and like it a lot but I if I had a notch, I wouldn't trade it for one. My car is a total pig and it's pretty much stripped down too.

The only thing I like about my car is that you hardly see them at the track...and that's probably because they're slow and heavy.

Keep the notch...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
Like 94gt said, I too like the bodies on the sn95's, but I know I'll regret it later down the line since clean title notches in good condition are hard to find nowadays.

Does anyone know what can and can't be used on the sn95 motor? Please keep the suggestions coming as well. [patriot]

Heads, cam, intake... several things... JohnB would know everything for sure.. He's the Mustang Master.
Dont forget that the SN95's already have 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS... and a few other nice things.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94-95 has a different intake setup. If you go with the after market intakes, you will have to get the elbow adapter. By the way, it is true about the 94 - 95's being tanks. I owned a 94 and I now own a 95, both verts. I like the foxbodies too. If you can just get both. You can buy inexpensive things to improve the looks of the sn's, but a lot of money to make it fast. Mine is still slow....But it looks c [Cool] [Cool] l  -  -  -  -

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the notch since you won't find another and buy a 94-95gt because they're also VERY cheap. I see 94 and 95 Gt's on Craigslist cheaper then some foxbodys...but if you can't have to cars, then keep the coupe [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
P1mp1n
¯
Member # 1961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for P1mp1n  Ford pictures for P1mp1n    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have both and in my opinion even though it is slower and heavier I would rather have my convertible anyday due to the nice California weather that we are now experiencing and the fact that I cant take my 1990GT anywhere without worrying about it getting stolen...
Posts: 887 | From: Burlingame | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobrar96  Ford pictures for Cobrar96  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if looking for sn95 vert...get a 96-98 cobra.

--------------------
96 SVT DROP 70k
96 Yota 4x4 2.7

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
Originally posted by p1mp1n:
I would rather have my convertible anyday due to the nice California weather that we are now experiencing and the fact that I cant take my 1990GT anywhere without worrying about it getting stolen...

this is exactly what I was thinking...I never had a vert and it seems like a good idea due to the summer days and all. Also, I never drive the notch because, like P1mp1n said, I'm always thinking about it getting stolen.

To clarify some thoughts, the trade would be for BlownMach1's Green/black 94 GT. I know most of you know the car and its sweet...but I really gotta decide if its worth letting go of the notch [Frown] Also, the motor will basically be the same as the one in my notch (GT40 heads, aftermarket intakes, bolt-ons, etc...)

Please keep the suggestions coming...the way it sounds, most people would much rather have the notch [patriot]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep em both if u can afford to. i have a 92fox and 94cobra coupe and love both of them. there are things i like about both cars so i probably wont be happy with just one. they're pretty cheap cars so unless you're hurting in the wallet, keep both. i opted for a sn95 5.0 over a modular simply because of the large aftermarket for the 5.0s and ease of modifying and fixing when necessary. now that summer is here im wishing my cobra was a vert.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just keep the notch. I know the car is clean. However, it is a car, that thing should be driven ya know. If I had a notch I would drive it till the wheels fell off. Just make sure you have anti theft devices. Alarm w/ proximity, auto lock, removable head unit...

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Fox computer is easier to work with when it comes to modifications compared to the 94-95.... Me personally owned a 89fox conv. a 02GT HT, and now a 95GT ht.......i love my 95GT, easy to make the body look great, little better handling, yes a few 100 pounds more, BUT that same bad ass Push Rod power. [patriot]
Me, im keeping my 95 cuz i can make it track and road worthy....if i got a fox,i like many others would rip it apart and itd end up being strictly track and not fun to drive daily. I say keep ur giants notch and find a cheap 94-95 to build up. -Joe [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the notch if it is'nt giving You trouble and You know it's clean. If You buy a 95 You might not get as lucky and it could have existing problem's or computer problem's when You start to mod as mentioned before.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depents what you want to do:

if you want speed, then go with a foxbody and built it, for look I like the sn 95 vert, you can cage it and put a tannue cover on, It looks SICK....thats how I have my cobra set up and it looks sick

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

There is no known problems with my notch. I actually just finished rebuilding the top-end of the motor less than 1k miles ago, so its good to go. I just dont drive it because I fear it getting stolen.

As for what I am looking for, I am not really sure. I'm not looking for a race car or anything, but I want the car to be fast enough to hang on the streets. As of right now, the notch isnt all that fast anyways, but its good enough for now. I havent seen the 94 vert in person yet, so I guess I should see if I like how it drives before really making a decision. I definitely wont want it if its really a "boat/tank". But i do like the body style [Embarrassed]

--------------------

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

ok...here are the 2 cars that I am choosing from. The 94 GT has my rims from the notch photoshopped on them because I'll be keeping them.

-

-

--------------------

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
As for what I am looking for, I am not really sure. I'm not looking for a race car or anything, but I want the car to be fast enough to hang on the streets. As of right now, the notch isnt all that fast anyways, but its good enough for now. I havent seen the 94 vert in person yet, so I guess I should see if I like how it drives before really making a decision. I definitely wont want it if its really a "boat/tank". But i do like the body style [Embarrassed]

Man, just make sure you dont base your choice off what others say. Go drive it yourself. Verts are a blast to drive. Go with the stang you like, not what other people like more.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesnt that vert have ~360 rwhp? That will be a steup up from the notch..

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that drop top looks so clean.... [Eek!] [Eek!] I like the rims it has, the deep dish ones, make me want to own one now that summer is around the corner.... I have to agree SN's look sweet when the titties are out- [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
*NorCal

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com