Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What is your view/opinion on...... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is your view/opinion on......
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
south of SJ I presume...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
south of SJ I presume...

Sorry Im not going to get to far into it.But I'll just say NOWHERE around here would you EVER catch me racing on the street.................And in that aspect I afree with alot of the people here.
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
Nothing wrong with some freeway runs. [patriot]

Except they are about as gay as pedaling your bike to work day.The topic is about streetracing, which if done in a safe fashion DOES NOT put anyones life at risk except for the 2 partys involved.Freeway racing puts MANY peoples lfe at risk and is FAR from safe,and thats what gives streetracing a bad name,its NOT streetracing,nor is sideshows.
+1

and when stupids kids take out their moms mini vans and drive at a high rate of speed in a residential neighborhood and crash and most likely die, police and the news reporters blame it on street racing and say they were "racing" another car.

What is your point? Does this make it OK to street race in your Mustang since it's not Mom's Minivan? And it's the news reporters fault now, place blame where it is deserved, your comment makes absolutley no sense.
I know what he meant to say,I just dont think he said it right

Streetracing is Streetracing yes.But there 2 different ways IMO.

The drive around all night having cops chase you every where and there is the 500+ cars and 5000+ people.Dumbasses are racing while MORE DUMBASSES line the streets,and it usually breals out into a bust or some dumbass who wants to swang.......ya know the stuff Parker likes to go to [Wink] AND NO THATS NOT KEWL AT ALL and I agree is very unsafe

Then you have the MEDIA Streetracing,NOT STREETRACING AT ALL.

Scenario:
A punkass wannabe 17 yearold is going 70 in a residential neighberhood driving eratically,lets call it 'MOMS MINIVAN'.Hes impressing the other 10 punks in his car and guess what,loses control killing himself all his passengers and some innocent bystanders meanwhile ending up in someones living room,again NOT STREETRACING and NOT KEWL AT ALL,but media loves this shit,they cant get enough of it

Now there is the "as safe as it can get streetracing"

Scenario:
2 Cars
2 Drivers
Secluded Road in BFE
No IDIOTS in front of you lining the streets
Noone is sight and hasnt been for hours
AGAIN 2 racers (and the only ones at risk which is the chance you take)
To me thats streetracing.Maybe its the age thing kicking in or the fact that im not an idiot and use common sense............Anyhow you either like it or you dont

But the way its labeled today then NO DONT DO IT [patriot]

I agree, Parker is a Dumbass!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In al honesty it seems like street racing is a phase everyone goes thru. like pubirty. its something you gota go thru. you first get your car and all you wanna do is go out and swing it to see what it can do and having bragging rights to say you beat someone is the eqivalent to saying you just banged a hot chick. when really you got a slow ass car that you think is fast because all the guys with really fast cars hang out at the track and arent stupid enough to risk their car with 20 grand into the motor on the street. And its not until you go to the track and your fast ass car runs a 14.8 that u realize your shit is slow. so you dump 5 grand into it and your brain kicks in and says maybe i dont wanna risk the 5 grand i spent plus the cost of the car over some dumb ass street race(which if you get your car taken for it will be your fault alone and you will look like a dumbass), or hittin a fuckin pole cuz someone says it aint hot or it dont swang. i will admit tho that i am 19 and i do street race on occasions in secluded areas like warehouses at 12 at night with a few other guys. but that shit really is a waste of gas, my tires, and possibly 9 grand if i blow the motor in my cobra. but on the weekends at night when theres not shit else to do and no track open....

[ June 13, 2006, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they can take your car and not give it back just for streetracing?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(Super man theme song plays) Youre all retauded! I want to know who has ever been killed at an organized park and race evening streetrace location? The traffic light racers are the ones causing the problems!! Just remember when youre racing from light to light in traffic and the other guy crashes and hits someone YOURE GOING TO JAIL!! At a park and race location you have the time to see and usualy know the other guy. If youre gonna do it, do it in a remote location like the "old days" everyone is lazy now and wants to race in the city in front of the police station' of course the cops are gonna come.

P.S. I think Im the smartest mother on this web site!

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

yes
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

yes
i thought they can impound it for a minimum of 30days and you pay all storage fees and shit.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by putter:
I want to know who has ever been killed at an organized park and race evening streetrace location?

Its happened numerous times.
There was actually a video a few years ago of a camaro losing control 300 feet after the start and plowing into the line of people standing on the sideline. Result: dead girl

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
street racing is stupid. PERIOD. if you race then you must be willing to accept the punishments and repercussions without blaming anyone but yourself.

--------------------
=(

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
south of SJ I presume...

Sorry Im not going to get to far into it.But I'll just say NOWHERE around here would you EVER catch me racing on the street.................And in that aspect I afree with alot of the people here.
[worship] [worship] REAL races dnt go on out here or anywhere round here.. [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems to me all cars deemed to be fast, quick or a race car should be dismantled!! I saw a guy speeding in a powerful car the other day, hit a slower car and killed that person!!!! I was also wathcing a pro street drag race on espn an a car went crazy and killed 4 people in the stands!!!! This is just too crazy for any tree huggin simple hippy!

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Seems to me all cars deemed to be fast, quick or a race car should be dismantled!! I saw a guy speeding in a powerful car the other day, hit a slower car and killed that person!!!! I was also wathcing a pro street drag race on espn an a car went crazy and killed 4 people in the stands!!!! This is just too crazy for any tree huggin simple hippy!

some nhra crashes are just as dangerous if not way more dangerous than crashes at a street race.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was fun when i was 16-20 also...i got caught a few times and then grew up and now YES they are trying to pass the law that they can impound and crush cars used in street racing..its in effect in other states already....but the late night street racing we used to do was just as safe as the track...open road,no houses, just the two cars racing and the spectaters BEHIND the people racing...to me mone fun and CHEAPER then the track...if i go to the track anyother night then wed. i spend almost $100 total a day...cant afford that anymore so there is no solution...just cruise instead...maybe hang out in a parking lot till the cops come say to leave...LOL

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

some nhra crashes are just as dangerous if not way more dangerous than crashes at a street race.
This may be true but they know the risk going to a drag strip and are aware of the risk involved. Innocent people get caught up in street races so it's not really a valid argument. If You want to streetrace then do it! The only person You will have to blame if something happen's is Yourself and as long as You can live with it then it's Your decision, no one can stop You. My feeling is everybody who has a fast street car get's on it every once in a while and it's all good as long as You choose Your spot's to do so. [Wink]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I want to know who has ever been killed at an organized park and race evening streetrace location?

Its happened numerous times.
There was actually a video a few years ago of a camaro losing control 300 feet after the start and plowing into the line of people standing on the sideline. Result: dead girl

I thought 6 people died in that one?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

This is true but at the dragstrip theres paramedics already on scene within seconds at a streetrace the driver/onlookers may die waiting for the paramedics to get there.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com